[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Three Boxing -- What classes?

Three Boxing -- What classes?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Three Boxing -- What classes?

Postby Taron » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 am

Hey all, new poster because I forgot all the info to my old account,

I just recently added a third account to my existing two and started up a shaman. My main is a 90 mage. Being an altoholic, I have several characters within my mage's level range on the second account that I never got around to making very useful. I'm looking for opinions on a fun 3 box with mercs. These characters will be in no rush to get to max level, as I like to enjoy as much content as I can before moving on. So far I'm looking at:

Account 1(main)
90 Magician
65 Shadowknight
(assortment of others, but these two are priority)

Account 2
64 Necro
72 Druid
81 Magician
66 Wizard
60 Rogue
2 Monk (hah)
69 Cleric

Account 3
47 Shaman
(rest of the slots are open)

All these characters have low AA counts with the exception of my mage. Like, less than 100.
Also, I'm not opposed to starting another character on any of the accounts. I prefer casters, but if something else appears to be better, I can make one. I guess I'm just looking for opinions and what other people appear to enjoy. :)

Thanks,

Taron
Taron, Sigil of the Dragon
~Sigils~
Erollisi Marr
Taron

Magician Main

Re: Three Boxing -- What classes?

Postby Thessiuss » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:34 am

My opinion would be to make an Enchanter or level up the wizard. Keep the shaman on the 3rd account.

The enchanter is excellent to my team as i like to charm mobs (12k DPS average pets), decent spells, plus it adds extra CC in case things go south. A good friend of mine has an Enchanter, Mage, Druid team and it was quite entertaining to see how efficiently he dispatched mobs. If you take the time (and it does take time) to get proficient with an enchanter I think you will really enjoy it :).
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 am

OK, try not to laugh....

Could go Magician Magician Magician and take down pretty much everything.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 am

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Taron » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Those are great suggestions guys, thanks. :) I think I'm going to use the wizard for now, and maybe eventually make another mage to check out the awesome.

Taron
Taron

Magician Main

Postby shamy60 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:17 am

shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Ughbash » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Taron » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:00 pm

So I've leveled the shaman up to 65 and have been running around with him, a 65 shadowknight, and a 67 wizard. I'm loving the team so far, it's great. My shammy's pretty lacking in gear though, are there any must-haves for a shaman at 65-70? Is the epic 1.5 worth it? I know I'm going to do the SK's epic eventually, so I don't mind going through the shammy one too. :)
Taron

Magician Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Taron » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Great, thanks. :) I'll work on getting that then, probably spread it out between AA grinding and hunting for gear. My guild raids occasionally --nothing near top end -- and from what you said it'll be useful! Thanks again for the information.
Taron

Magician Main

Postby Johten » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I know the OP has his 3 box decided, but I figured I would post here since it is relevant and didnt want to start a new topic. I saw that a 3 mage box was mentioned, I was thinking about also 3 boxing mages, but would things be better with a necro and 2 mages (as in taking on harder cotent and more dps)? Or would that complicate the box setup and not be as effective?
Johten

Magician Main

Postby Sowslow » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

I wouldn't think a necro would add anything to make it easier to do harder content. It would be hard to beat 3 mages for what they could probably do. I don't 3 box mages but have 2 boxed mages and they are pretty unstoppable.
But it wouldn't hurt either.
Sowslow

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Johten » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Johten

Magician Main

Postby Sowslow » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:26 pm

No, just mage/mage with cleric mercs.

Long before mercs, I started with shm/sk. It was fun and could do a lot but the dps was pretty low, back before PoP release. Soon after PoP, I switched to shm/monk and was pretty happy with how the monk could tank and the dps was better.
When SoF released I switched over to shm/mage as the pets were pretty overpowered and stayed that way for a while. When mercs came out, I went mage/mage for a long time as I had started raiding with the first mage I created and stopped on the shm.

Now though I have been raiding on the shm for the past 3 expansions, the mage is in pretty bad gear. I don't really group/duo as much as I used to, mostly just raids.
Sowslow

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Falore » Wed May 23, 2012 6:28 am

I recently started 4 boxing but for over a year I 3 boxed mage/mage/bard and even when my mages were using nothing but group gear I was able to 3 box 95 percent of all the named mobs in alaris (prior to named mobs being nerfed and made weaker) I usually grouped with a friend (or a couple other people BUT i've at one point or another boxed almost every named mob in the expansion with that setup).

2 merc clerics can easily keep up a mage earth pet (em 11+) the only exceptions are mage pets cannot take a couple named mobs in alaris that have massive damage shields, also there are a few belly casters that will pose a massive problem. Another thing of note is mage pets can actually tank without merc heals, we get a pet buff that lasts like 10 min and makes it so our nukes have a chance to proc an AE heal (that only heals pets) It's like a weaker version of necro's reluctant benevolence. where necros can heal pets + players with reluctant benevolence, the mage version can only heal pets.
Falore

Magician Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing