[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Anyone remember an old paladin?

Anyone remember an old paladin?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Anyone remember an old paladin?

Postby Marlowe Lawbringer » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:11 pm

Marlowe Lawbringer

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 pm

heya :)

not really active, just lurking... retired in February more or less. About all I do in MMO land now is poke around Second Life a bit. So I'm not qualified to answer your question about Marlowe except to note that I replaced PoTime gear in several slots with single group rewards in the Depts of Darkhollow expansion. Yet was still wearing my Quarm ring when Val retired :)

you couldn't pay me enough to play another Brad McQuaid game... but I hope you have fun :)
Valya Wanderfoot, PON Admin
70 Paladin (ret.), <a href=http://www.dark-bane.net>Dark Bane</a>
Mith Marr (Saryrn)
Valya Wanderfoot

Postby iron299wind » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:07 am

wave Marlowe,

Well If your high geared on time stuff, then you have mpg trial stuff to look forward to. The group trials are quite fun to learn or just follow the strategy for and do them.

As Val mentioned DoD trials have stuff that would probably be an upgrade for you. There was a Illasian bracer that I recently retired from the group trials there. There is an easy version that yields lower quality of gear and a hard version that yields a bit better.

There are also upgrade augments available from DON to get your focuses up to par until you have gear to match them. Don missions can be quite fun the first few times around and there is an interesting progression to follow which also involves raid mobs. Paladins gained a vie type discipline in the DON expansion.

In prophesy of RO there were a few interesting missions, and a progression to a gate to only zone called Theater of Blood which has like the Plane of Fear a class only armour dropping off certain mob types.

Finally the newest expansion has a huge quest potential, still need some gear tweaking but so far its alot of fun.

Paladins gained an aggro spell with a slight damage reducing component that we have never had before.

All in all paladins are doing well as a class to my mind.
iron299wind

Postby Boleslav » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:09 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Occam » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:10 pm

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Marlowe Lawbringer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:23 pm

Marlowe Lawbringer

Postby Cracon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:25 am

Cracon

Postby Brohg » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:25 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cracon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:51 am

Cracon

Postby The_Verlane » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:47 pm

The_Verlane

Postby dindaur » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:12 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Old Paladins week

Postby Aragir Lancot » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi Marlowe.

I remember you, too. We briefly met on the Paladins of Azeroth board, and I remember you telling me how Paladins in WoW were sucky. I was playing a warrior in WoW, having figured that Furor would have impacted the game sufficiently to make Warrior a preferable class to Paladin. I was right, too. A warrior/priest combo was able to do a LOT in WoW.

Anyway, the wife and I took a year to level up to 60 in WoW, and then realized that, for casual gamers, the game ended at 60. And not just ended for one class/race, but completely ended. There just wasn't/isn't the breadth of experience available in WoW. Pretty much, once you level a character to 60, (especially if you like to wander around) you will have been everywhere and done almost everything.

So, we quit. A month ago, we downloaded EQ Trilogy and tried it out, and we're having a blast.

However, a major caveat - we have a huge amount of content and capabilities to run through before we exhaust EverQuest again. You, having been raiding Plane Of Time, are probably much closer to chewing through all the content again. For example, my character is only level 62, has only 56 AA's spent, and we never bought Discord or OOW for either account. Still and all, we've found that coming back to EQ has been a pleasant experience.

I'd encourage you to give it a shot with the Trilogy download. You can reactivate an old account for 30 days for free, and try to get a feel for where you are and what you've missed. Don't forget to download all the content files that you're registered for (we didn't figure that one out until we'd been back for 2 or 3 weeks)! Give it a whirl and see if you enjoy it. If you do, you'll probably enjoy it for a year or two, before it gets dull again.

Anyway, it's good to hear from other old Paladins. Hope RL is treating you and all others well.

-Aragir Lancot
Crusader of the Tempest Guard
Xegony
Aragir Lancot

Postby Luthair » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:15 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:11 am

Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:38 am

Valya Wanderfoot

Postby Wollyen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Last edited by Wollyen on Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wollyen - Innoruuk (Nameless)
Silent Resurgence
Wollyen

Server: Nameless (Inny)

Postby Coupdvil » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Coupdvil

Postby GloynHolyforge » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:42 am

You'd be surprised how many of the old paladins are coming out of retirement to check out new content. I'm quite happy to see we paladins still have a place to discuss ideas and thoughts. As for getting one's self back into form, it takes a small while (that gets helped by the easy of getting AA's these days) and half-decent rewards that come out of many of the DoD missions/MPG trials. I'm about a month into being back and I've made a dent into being back where I was before I left almost 4 years ago.
GloynHolyforge

Return to Crusaders' Warhall