[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What are your top 5 issues?

What are your top 5 issues?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Postby Adawen » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:00 am

Adawen

Pally Changes

Postby Stonethelost » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:39 pm

Stonethelost

Re: Pally Changes

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Re: Pally Changes

Postby Brohg » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:40 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Bruennor

Postby Whitefyre » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Whitefyre

Server: Saryrn

Postby Silmare » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:33 am

Silmare

Postby Orthanos » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Just so you know you cant add the barding to the AA horse (Holy Steed) only to a bridle. I think that is complete and adder bullshit but i found out the hard way....I agree 100% with you though, the warhorse look would be awesome...here is an idea on that though...give us the ability to get the "warhorse" look w/o the negative side of the damn thing eating all our food and drink. That would rock far more than a friggin' unicorn!
Orthanos

Postby Draglin Stoneshield » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:18 am

1) Symbol upgrade, its rather embarasing casting the one we have. The upgrade is in the spell data as is the Proc upgrades that where hinted they would make live sometime after realse.
2) Defensive upgrade, Mobs hit harder, in some zones still, and we had no defense or hp upgrade.
3) Same as most casters, Spell recovery bug. I'm tired of eithe rme being dead or group mates being dead because of this.
4) Fix LoH so it doesn't get wasted on corpses or npc.
5) Has holyforge ever been fixed correctly? Or any of the other spells, even though this is a disc, that we where told would be looked into later?

And it is possible to add the barding to the War pony. I can't recall how as I still haven't botherd to make mine a parade horse but I've seen others do it as well as read someplace how.
<center> Image
� � </center>
Draglin Stoneshield

Server: Xegony

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:27 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:13 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Silmare » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Silmare

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:32 pm

I had a recent discussion where I was quite surprised how much AC SK's can tap these days. So if we're talking fully buffed, including taps, then yeah, I bet they get much higher than us. Beyond that, I can't see why they'd reliably have higher AC than paladins.

I *think* is the main AC tap, but I'm sure an SK could speak more authoritatively
ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:32 pm

They also have Challenge for Power, which is pretty much Challenge for Honor, minus the mitigation and replaced with 200ac.

Which is better? Depends on the situation. Personal preference, I would rather have something that it's liable to fade after two rounds when it's suppose to be a 30+second recourse.

Their Theft is also a nice boost, but I haven't seen anything that would put them 600 buffed over us... but I can't say that I focus the most on SKs either.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

My List of possible paladin upgrades

Postby Tallanor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:55 pm

1.) Would definatly be an improvement in duration of our defensive disc, 15 secs is just to short in my opinion compared to a normal warriors defensive discipline.

2.) Definate upgrade to lull line of spells, even if it is moderated some levels but we should at least get an upgrade that clerics and enchanters have had for multiple expansions now, even if it is geared towards levels associated to paladin soloing.

3.) A direct damage spell worthy of being cast in this day and age of everquest, 125 hp dd is just so outdated that its not even worth casting. Maybe something along the lines of the cleric wraith type spell line, but at least one non-undead geared dd spell please.

4.) Upgrade to the dispel magic line, I think its about time that paladins get annul magic, even green mobs cast it often enough on us, we should be able to at least annul back in my opinion.

5.) New one handed weapons for casual pallies or shadowknights. If you go to the bazaar and look up one handed weapons for any other dps class there is probably a variety of 8-10 different weapons of the similar damage delay statistics. Go look up for the knight class you get maybe 2 or 3 different options. A smoother upgrading of quality would also be nice in this area, in relation to hp mana on these upgrades, there is few and far between in terms of hp and mana upgrades in these slots that is not raid gear. Its like going to a restaurant and having only one thing on the menu everytime you go.

Positive upgrades from the new expansion

1.) The new upscale to the paladin archery skill, it is so nice to be able to actually use a bow again and have it worthwhile.
2.) The new hot upgrade is great, its a big help in many situations.
3.) New improved weaponskills, is a big bonus, however going up two skill points per level is unrealistic.
4.) New post battle recovery bonuses, also make a nice play improvement.

Tallanor Sacredavenger
Erollisi Marr Server
Tallanor

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Khael » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:22 am

"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:16 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:48 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Silmare » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:36 pm

Silmare

Pallies AC vs. SK AC

Postby Stonethelost » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:56 pm

Stonethelost

Re: Pallies AC vs. SK AC

Postby Galelor » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:23 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:26 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Odrade » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:06 pm

Keep in mind that the Cultural armor has more AC.
So ANY class that is decked out in it WILL have more Ac hands down.
I just looked at the magelos of some of the Shadowknights in my guild.
Like 1 out of the 5 that I looked at had no cultural.
I think it has something to do with focus that they lack on items.
Also just to add to my point.
Our best geared shammy that has nearly all cultural has more ac then our worst geared warrior which is nearly all Coa.
To compare knights' AC legit you need have equal gear/augs.
Odrade

Server: Zek

Postby Khael » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:41 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby joks » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:24 am

- Power Paladin
- Singing Sidekick
- an Everquest guild on Antonius Bayle
joks

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Transen » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:29 pm

1) Holy Forge

Nothing major, adding a strike-through mod or something to counteract (even if only partially) dodges/parries/blocks of mobs would definitely help.

2) Lay of Hands no-timer and usable on corpses/mobs

Really need to make LoH player-only usable. A reuse timer would be nice too but it's not as critical imo.

3) Defensive AA's ..TSS and beyond:

Personally, I think the AA system on the whole needs to be revamped but since I'm not expecting much from Sony anymore, I'll stick with my major gripe..Defense.

Yes, I know our heals give us a decisive advantage over Warriors but with fizzle rates, interrupts, and more importantly, our vulnerability while casting a spell, we loose a lot of mitigation whenever we have to cast a spell and between Stuns, Honor, Ward, and heals, we're spending far too much time casting which as a tank is killing our mitigation abilities. A single AA that would remove this crutch or at least reduce the amount of mitigation penalty we receive when casting a spell would be very nice.

4) HP/AC group buff (non-aegolism line) useless.

Most every paladin or any other class I've talked to tend to agree that we should have been given an upgraded group Symbol instead of an upgraded Direction-line buff. If there is no druid or cleric in group, paladins will more often than not be asked for Sworn Protector and if there IS a druid in group but no cleric, we'll be asked for Symbol..sometimes we'll be asked for pure AC buff but not often.

Also and I only speak for myself on this but, I'd gladly give up my long cast time Heal for a group AC buff or instead, maybe an upgrade to our self-only haste spell (don't have to give it a increase to the haste % but maybe add a mod that will lower our miss-rate). Only direct-heal spells I use now a days are my 2 fast casting ones.

5) Lack of AoE anything

I'd like to see an AoE shield block ability that allows us to add our shieldblocking ability to the group temporily (this means that if someone is being protected by this ability and they have shield block already, then this would add to that while those who don't have shield block would get the same check that you yourself get. Add a penality to the paladin that uses it so there shield block rate is reduced or something to that effect).

I would rather see a PbAoE stun/knockback (no dmg) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Okay, now for things I would like to see done but don't think they'd ever look into:

6) Silent Piety

Put the Divine Intervention mod back on this buff. It's not overpowering. It still had a low chance of actually going off and without AA's to supplement that, is not balance breaking. Give it a 10 min recast time, make it so that cleric's Divine Intervention overwrites or so that Silent Piety will block Divine Intervention. Hell, you can also make it so that your run-speed is significantly reduced when it does succeed to go off..can call the debuff, Silent Ramifications and have it take up a buff slot.

7) :

Seriously, could we get something else. An opposite of a nightmare steed would do but a pegasus would look more original (would have to add levitation to it on sheer principle).
Transen

Server: The Nameless

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:59 am

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Orthanos » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:48 pm

Orthanos

barding?

Postby dindaur » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:24 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:11 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:14 am

Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:37 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:46 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:57 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Wyvernwill » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:40 am

Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby dindaur » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:43 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby icecus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:18 am

1.) Stuns, I can not hold aggro as well using stuns only, challenge of honor works well, unless I am trying to out aggro a Sk.
2.) Disapearing spell lines, what happened to our symbol, pious fury, silver fury, undead nuke and root upgrades?
3.) Loh, still lands on the dead or refuses to go off if low hps.
4.) Pacify, I gave up on a higher level spell, I wonder if Devs made a mistake giving it to us in the first place.
5.) Ac not on par with Sk's with equal gear.
6.) FIX the EQ Players site to reflect the tier 3 spells we actually get. (eq live site devs posted we only get 8 tier 3 spells)
Icecus
icecus

Server: Povar

PreviousNext

Return to Crusaders' Warhall