[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shackles of tunare

Shackles of tunare

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Shackles of tunare

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Hulkling » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm

yeah I agree, our root sucks ass.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Bruennor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:29 am

I disagree, and always will.
Bruennor

Postby Hulkling » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Nehtaniel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Don't most/all roots have a resist check every tick?
Nehtaniel

Server: Prexus

Postby Bruennor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Pretty much. Ours works whenever we need it, and it is not supposed to be a sure fire spell. I know I use it in frostcrypt and it tends to last a good long while, and lasts full duration in valdeholm, in the ac aug camp. The fact that it gets resisted or lasts a short while in some content is just like us being able to slay on some content, we aren't supposed to be able to do it reliably on all content. That is also why mobs have resists, so we can't do it to them all the time. To my knowledge, the only roots that own for making things stick to the ground for long periods of time, reliably, are the aa based roots that wizzy's and shaman's get.
Bruennor

Postby Hulkling » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:13 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Bruennor » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:54 am

Bruennor

Postby Kianor » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:46 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Amanensia » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:57 am

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=522803">Amanensia</a>
<a href="http://www.darkwind-guild.org/">Darkwind</a>
Amanensia

Postby Veril » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:00 am

Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:29 pm

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby dindaur » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:47 pm

having not read most of this...
here's my opinion

in my experience, that root rocks.
it's faster cast time than the ranger equiv. less mana cost.
just like our stuns.
which's great
we don't get the penalty that the heals have.
and i like that.
lets me do some crazy things with that root
because we can cast it a million times and not go oom
the further we get into expansions
the more resistant it gets
ALTHOUGH
i have no problem CC'ing in zones like FC and AG with it
i can't comment on TBS
haven't done enough of it to know
haven't done hardly any of it ;p

now looking at lucy we see there's the resist mod
that's nice

my question is
what exactly is the issue with shackles of tunare as you guys see it
and what exactly is the fix you're proposing?
break it down for me ;p
Last edited by dindaur on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm

i just read some of the above
man what a nasty mix of stuff
but i read this - "our root isn't meant to be reliable"
the root itself isn't reliable
it's just a tool
the player using the tool makes it reliable
being fast enough to recast it
given that that there is that short cast time
and that we likely will live taking a beat til the next root hits
can you keep yourself alive long enough
and can you fire it fast enough
see that root is our own mini quake in this eq game of ours

it gets resisted
yeah
and it doesnt last forever
yea
but i've done MANY amazing things with that tool
it might take more effort
you've got to give it your full attention
but you can do it
and i think that's right on
because we shouldn't be able to be healing rooting and tanking without it being a BIG hassle a BIG load of effort to pull off the three
i mean we can do all three of these at the same time
and yeah
it does send you scramblin to try and get it all done right the way it needs to be done
but to me
that is one of the very sources of fun in this game
lets not remove what little challenge is there
this spell gives us / gives me quite a bit of joy in the group settin
its a fun fun spell
lets not mess it up

but
if there's some sort of actual problem
like something we cannot do at all
something absolutely wrong with it
i mean lets hear about it
im just sayin
in all the content ive experienced
and thats not everything
i think it works fine
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Odrade » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:33 pm

Odrade

Server: Zek

Postby Bruennor » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Bruennor

Postby knytul » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 am

the main issue with Shackles of Tunare (or any of our roots) is their unreliability. I cant count how many times ive casted it on a mob and as soon as it lands it breaks. Personally i think there should be a default time limit that it sticks b4 theres a resist check, whether its like 3 seconds or something longer. I dont even use it anymore because of the chance of its instabreak.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Kianor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:36 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:13 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:20 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby dindaur » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 pm

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Bruennor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Bruennor

Postby Hulkling » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:13 am

Sylvia Sunhair

Postby dindaur » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 am

dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:17 pm

there's quite alot of amazing things that are possible in this game :)
i'll tell you though after killing about 17 of 'em we wiped just completely oom.
it involved alot of kiting and rooting off myself and just keeping myself alive and uh having alot of fun doing it.
that's how i got the targets because when they broke they'd come straight for me so it's just a matter of grabbin the one thats hittin ya and reparking it
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:32 pm

So when you say 20 rooted, you really mean there were 20 mobs, some of which were rooted, some were chasing you, and some possibly on other people after root breaks? You can't keep agro on 20 mobs, and they'll tend to go for the clerics who are healing people rather than the person who rooted them.

I can believe you kept a few rooted in the middle of a whole lot of chaos but I doubt you'll find anyone who really believes you kept 20 rooted.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby dindaur » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 pm

and i doubt you'll find that i mind

although don't underestimate the power of promised renewal (aggro to the healed not healer) and heal over times and the non epic arb and the aggro on burst of sunlight plus insta group heal / loh

did i mention i pulled? ;p

i have initial aggro

while rooted, stuns, plus the rest were able to take on 2 or 3 easy

did i mention it's also qvic? ;p

CC'ing 3 mobs is a bit more reasonable for cutting edge content as far as a limit of play goes, like AG / FC.
dindaur

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ZsaZsa Vavoom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:45 pm

ZsaZsa Vavoom of Drinal
85th Level Paladin of The Kindred and Keeper of the Funk
ZsaZsa Vavoom

Server: Drinal

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:55 pm

dindaur