[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - STATION CASH, Everquest for Sale

STATION CASH, Everquest for Sale

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

STATION CASH, Everquest for Sale

Postby redghosthunter » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Come on... Finally, Sony is being upfront about selling the game quality of a beloved game. Whats next?, For $24.95 you can buy a ubber character? I'm done with EQLive.

Goldhammer of Zek, lvl 65
Main Force Patrol
"For the Glory of Brell! "
Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell!"
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: STATION CASH, Everquest for Sale

Postby Brohg » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:13 pm

Have you examined the actual offerings? I think you're overreacting to this.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:41 pm

The offerings are just plainly crap. The only thing that is nice about any of it is the xp potions that persist through death, but are far too expensive to really be useful. Its another cheap way of cashing in. I couldn't care less about this, I'm more pissed that lots of people are having trouble even logging into their account on their home PC's since the last big patch, and Sony is denying that anything is wrong.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Tuathadendannan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 am

Yup that stuff is all crap and for some reason I am not surprised that sony jacked exps this time and then conviently came out with exps pots , if they wanna sell something make it a useful item imo like the 2.5 or the don class item, if your a class that still has a clicky worth keeping,
not too powerful but great for those who never got them.
Tuathadendannan

Postby redghosthunter » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:51 am

Guys,

I think its the ole frog jumps out of a hot pot, but turn up the pot slowly he stays. First SONY used our game to launch LON, if you have dial up like I do its death. Having to wait a long time for crap you dont want and get pushed on u ... Patches you say? They are planned. So now we have items for sale. The exp pots are a biggie. And then we have illusions. Anyone play an ENC? Illusions are susposed to be one way for our class to make plat. Shouldn't people have to quest and get together with friends to complete really tough material? Isnt that the soul of the game? Friends getting together? I just see the game going in a way that is all to RLife.

If SONY/EQ is hurting revenue wise maybe they should advertise. The WOW comercials are hilarious.

/e runs in circles, jumps up and down -- lol

Goldhammer of Zek
"For the Glory of Brell!"
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Findlay-The-Faithful » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:28 pm

In my honest opinion, LON and station cash and junk like that doesn't bother me. The reason being, if the game is financially hurting, they will look for other ways of getting money if they can't seem to draw people to the game itself. That financial support, might prolong the game's life. First and foremost, Everquest is a business. If this junk helps to keep that business afloat a while longer, I am all for it.

I strongly believe one of the biggest reasons people are not drawn to everquest is because of the negative word of mouth. When I started the game in 1999, it was because friends of mine talked me into it. They said it was cool, I could group wih them and so on. Now days, the player base pretty much just bitches about the game. We are terrible salesmen. We tell everyone all the time how the game sucks, this is broken, the Devs don't listen, there is hacking everywhere, customer support is dead, so on and so on. Anyone looking into the game reads this junk and they will move on to another game.

Its a visious cycle. The more we complain about the game, the less people that will try it out. The less people that try it out, the less money Sony makes off it. The less money they make off it, the less they put into it. The less money they put into it, the more there will be to complain about. The game is spiralling down that path and has been for a few years.
Findlay-The-Faithful

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:41 pm

I tell anyone who asks that I enjoy playing Everquest, because I do.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ceniden » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 am

Ceniden

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

The other issue is, I can't really advertise for EQ. I enjoy it, but its more of a hard core game. You want that phat uber loot, you might have to sit there for a few days working for it. You want the highest level in the game, you have to make the grind all the way up, where its never really easy unless you can be twinked out by someone with money. You want to raid, try organizing 53 other people into one common goal, get everyone online at the same time, and figure out the event. You want to sell stuff you've earned, you have to sit online for days competeing against others looking to sell the same exact thing, but have alot more time than you.

Then there is WoW. You want lvl 60? Sign up and play a few days and you'll have it, sign up a friend and they can donate you levels entirely, making it twice as fast. You want to raid, fine, you need 24 others. What I laugh at is my friends try telling me how hard it is to fill a raid of 25 and keep everyone organized. Oh, and gold is hard to come by, I mean, you have to grind for like several hours to pick up some decent cash. You want to sell, then drop your stuff off at an auction house and check back in a few days to see if you have money waiting for you.

Most want the easy route, even if they don't admit thats why they want it.

I love my game, and once it closes I'm not likely to jump into WoW or some of the other things on the market right now, but I get the impression that EQ isn't working hard to make itself the empire it once was, or to draw more people back. They would have to really truncate the lower levels in the very least, maybe offer an introductory price for new accounts the first year, something like that. But I don't see it as likely.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby redghosthunter » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 am

Everyone has good points. Sony needs to advertise. The youtube ads are the only ones I come across. So the ads are already there. Sony just needs to put them on the networks. SONY'd would get HUGE return on investment IF they spend the money. In order to reap you must sow. The game is still solid, and fun. --- Advertise. Server consolidations... BAD SIGN
redghosthunter

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall