[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Note-worthy patch notes

Note-worthy patch notes

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Note-worthy patch notes

Postby Hulkling » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

*** Spells ***
- Aurora of Morrow and similar effects will no longer count corpses of dead group members.

*** AAs ***
- Added a wear off message to the Heal over Time component of the higher level ranks of Lay on Hands.
- Adjusted the slot order for the AA effect Third Spire of Nature Effect to resolve a stacking issue.
- Several AAs that used the Skill Damage Amount bonus, specifically from the "Spire" lines, have had the values retuned to better match the intended damage returns from these abilities.

--------------------------------------------------

3 good, 1 not so good:

AoM and LoH changes are self explanitory.

Druid's Third Spire of Nature should no longer overwrite Pal/SK self-shielding buff.

Almost all class's DPS Spires were adjusted...should add ~150 DPS with group weapons (will be higher with raid weapons/buffs). Ours was way over this so it got adjusted down. Yeah it sucks, but theres really no justifyable arguement to counter this unless we have parses showing < 150.
Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Re: Note-worthy patch notes

Postby knytul » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:20 pm

--Added a wear off message to the Heal over Time component of the higher level ranks of Lay on Hands

About Time
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Nodden » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Nodden

Server: Antonius Bayle

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Genadinee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm

With regard to the DPs Spires

First Spire of the Savage Lord : Changed base1 from '67.00' to '42.00' NERF
Second Spire of Holiness : Changed base10 from '111.00' to '64.00' NERF
Second Spire of the Pathfinders : Changed base10 from '80.00' to '45.00' NERF
Second Spire of the Rake : Changed base1 from '50.00' to '46.00' NERF
Second Spire of the Reavers : Changed base10 from '111.00' to '64.00' NERF
Second Spire of the Sensei : Changed base10 from '27.00' to '28.00' UPGRADE
Second Spire of the Warlord : Changed base10 from '42.00' to '47.00' UPGRADE

Really I see no reason whatsoever to give Monks or Wars an upgrade, guess they are flavour of the month atm good luck to them.

For me the amount of AA's to get them compared to the boost they give pales into insignificance compared to Twincast which imo needs nerfing out of existance.

Bitter and Twisted, you bet I am this whole expn has been a joke.
Genadinee

Server: Atonius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:49 am

I parsed the hell out of our Second Spire AA, and I saw nothing even close to 150 damage increase. Against live targets, I saw an average of about 80 DPS increase, using a 2hb out of Steamfactory. With slay running against undead, i saw more like 150ish. Unfortunately I wiped my computer and forgot to save the log files, but I remember those numbers and going "Wow, that generally sucks for the AA cost."

All parses were done again a level 85 test dummy, well buffed, nearly raid buffed. Was it not working right for me or did I see it during some testing phase on the test server where they adjusted it too low?
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:08 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby boukk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 am

Since when aas have to give same return to every class?

Pretty stupid considering how crap we are in dps department.
boukk

Postby Unmei » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby boukk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 pm

boukk

Postby Normy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Maybe we should all petition that triple attack gives a substantially larger boost to zerkers than it does us, yet we have to pay the same amount for them.

I'm with Boukk on this one, thats pretty stupid. Hell I'd take it even if all our effects are group-effect, but since only spire 1 is a group effect, I feel slighted by these for the cost. Nerfing our already crappy DPS is like a bad joke.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:24 am

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby boukk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:46 pm

We re the crapyest dps ever, so talking about % means squat.
boukk

Postby Normy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Have to agree with Boukk on this. If we are still half the DPS of a pet, I have trouble of being proud that we have the biggest percentage boost from a fairly expensive AA.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Hulkling » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Hulkling

Veteran -

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Normy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Perhaps, but those numbers aren't accurate. Its more along the lines of:
700 + 150 = 900 Us
1450 + 150 = 1600 SK
2400 + 150 = 2550 actual DPS classes. (at least around my guild, non-disc of course)

I get it, its supposed to be a fixed amount. Fine. But when I saw the description, I was hoping for something that was 1) group effect, that would be great then, and 2) Since its a short duration maybe something that would replace my want of a proper "burn" type disc. Maybe catch us up a hair to the people we were told we were on par with years ago.

Since everyone gets the same benefit from it, we are just as far behind as before, perhaps thats why I was disappointed with it. Doesn't stop me from using it though, I'll take anything over nothing. Course I would give up Spire 2 completely and pay double for spire 3 if they would make it a group effect.

I just don't like it being told to me that "hey, you got the biggest percentage boost" like I'm supposed to be proud that it takes a larger percentage than any other class for a boost to get the exact same DPS return. All that does is remind me that we are the rock bottom of the DPS totem poll.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Chania » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 am

Chania

Return to Crusaders' Warhall