[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Test Crusade: 2009!

Test Crusade: 2009!

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

What week day should we hold the following event?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:15 am

Sunday
9%
Monday
No votes
Tuesday
14%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
5%
Friday
14%
Saturday
59%

Total votes : 22

Test Crusade: 2009!

Postby Uhaen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:15 am

Last Friday while doing parses, the collective (read: non-afk) population of people in channel thought it would be fun to test-copy over and start smiting each other in the Arena. This was obviously an ill-laid plan, as the majority of the people who hang in the paladin channel are paladins. Missing this step in logic and later discovering our flaw with 40-minute no-win scenario duels, we eventually got bored (it did take a few duels, first) and decided to find some undead targets to hit up. We decided on Draygun, and we went to go whack 'em. We failed at about 47%, with 4 paladins and a few boxes; about 2 groups total. That's when I looked at the clock and realized it was a good 3 hours past my bed time, and we decided to try again another time.

That time is now. Well, once we decide which day said time should be; we still have to work out a day/time. But I am extending to you all a formal invitation to join us on the Test server for the sole purpose of finding fun old-school raid targets, that are trivial to many of us in the sense that we can gather a good three groups and ravage the entire zone, but still hard enough that it requires effort and attendance.

Purpose:

When we raided/grouped Draygun, even though we failed we had a blast. Everyone involved said they would come again without question, and when we talked about it on a later date in paladin channel I saw a huge approval rating, and many suggested inviting more people to come play. Doing this on test offers us several benefits: we are able to meet up with some of the people we've talked with over the years, cost-free because this is almost a free server-transfer; we're able to see others in action, and learn from them new patterns and can better our own characters and play styles; and of course, we can have parse contests and make pie charts. Everybody loves parse contests and pie charts. The biggest reason has already been stated, however: this was some of the most fun I've had in a long time, I was giggling throughout the entire raid.

Targets:

As paladins, we all know our live dps sucks. Badly. But, our undead dps is a lot more fun; there's nothing like seeing 10 paladins on Vule battling each other for the high score, and the string of 20k slays in the chat window. Imagine seeing 30 paladins or more destroying your log file! Our targets are subject to change, and most welcoming of suggestions; included are Draygun, Vergalid, FC1/FC2. I'm willing to bet altogether, we have the ability to request any raid in EQ, so don't be shy.

Loot:

Don't even ask, you silly goose. I'll personally see to your smiting in the arena from all the other paladins, and we will petition for Sony to /surname you to 'Poopinmier'. You will be lol'd at for generations to come, and we will do to your character's name as we did to John's ever-so long ago: use it as a synonym for 'toilet'.

All classes are welcome; boxes are welcome too, and it's simple to join us. Read Normy's post here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6466 on information regarding switching over to test. And vote on a day, so we can see what everyone will agree with; we will discuss times for the most popular days, but I don't want to get the polls all complicated.

I am bristle.Uhaen of Club Fu, and you can send me a [tell anytime with questions or suggestions, or even to make fun of my dress. As well, serverwide.paladins is open to everybody, and you can come chat with us there.

I have no ending for this, so leave some input!
Uhaen

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Test Crusade: 2009!

Postby Brohg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:23 am

This is only interesting if you run 100% paladin-only raids.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:18 am

thats the intention as discussed in serverwide last night

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Freezah_Xegony » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 am

I knew Uhaen would find a way to make me register for this site. But ya that was alot of fun on test until I decided to afk for the other half and miss the real fun. Wasn't to fun watching a sk run around arena while you were chasing him =p okok I lied it was pretty funny.

Can count on me being there.
Freezah_Xegony

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:48 pm

Uhaen

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Atnuob » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Atnuob

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Goldax1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Sounds like fun. Doubt i can make the time. Being euro and all. But if its a time where i dont raid or not to late i will definately consider comming over.

Goldax
Goldax1

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 am

I'd make an attempt to be there, as long as it doesn't interfere with my guilds raids (I'm part-time raid leader, so I kinda need to make those).
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Remdayen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am

Count me in, sounds like lots of fun.
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Paladin only Mining Behemoth :P
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Nyterose » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Uhaen, I did the copy over to test but you went afk apparently. Perhaps tonight you can tag me after I finish raids :) That could be between 10 to 11 pm eastern.
Nyterose Bre'ciliande
Appotus Dominus of Maelin
Nyterose

Server: Maelin

Paladin Main

Postby Achillez » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:05 pm

Wow I was about to register only to find out I registered years ago!
Achillez

Postby Atnuob » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:19 pm

nyte there's a few ppl that can tag u beside him now. It was nice seeing your guy's char :)
Atnuob

Paladin Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Uhaen

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Nyterose » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 pm

There might be, but when I asked last night you guys didn't answer me!

Ok Uhaen log in and you can do it or I will try and ask again :)
Nyterose

Server: Maelin

Paladin Main

Postby Uhaen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:26 am

Tomorrow! What time shall we smite some targets? Can I get a consensus on an hour at which we want to kill sumfin? Targets are set!
Uhaen

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Remdayen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:33 am

Time would be good
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 am

shoot for 2pm est?
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Uhaen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Gonna run this at 12pm pst! Grab your torches and pitchforks, we're comin' at 'em Wu style!

Edit: uhmm 1-900-MixALot me, my net's gaying out on me! I can't run this tonight =(
Uhaen

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:40 am

Stuff around 2pm eastern I may be able to do next time around. I now work graveyards so haven't raided since I retired the Shammy but I still enjoy playing my pally I'll redo test copy on him today when I get home storms in the area screwed up power today so couldn't do it then.
frocus

Return to Crusaders' Warhall