[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Why are so many Paladins screaming for more DPS

Why are so many Paladins screaming for more DPS

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Re: Why are so many Paladins screaming for more DPS

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:14 am

As you have already noticed, your DPS doesn't matter if you can't live to finish the fight. Adding a warrior merc gives the paladin another person to keep alive. It kinda trivilizes our self heals since now everyone can have a cleric bot. But not entirely because then you need to split xp with the merc.

But the situation I see with that is pretty simple. We were the excellent solo class because we really could keep ourselves alive for a long time, and we could eventually kill mobs and take solo xp. What I see alot of these days is a good DPS class like zerker, monk, or rogue doing really well duoing with the merc and netting more xp because they are killing 5x the mobs I could.

That isn't why I wish for more DPS, I'm just pointing out what I see alot of now with mercs.

As a side note, I probably would have a warrior merc if they could ever fix the code and have them assist without trying to take agro all the time.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 am

If you want XP soloing you don't use mercs.

If I want to get XP soloing... Hmm well I can't cause I am maxxed... but ignoring that if I want xp I would go to RSS and kill without a merc. Light blues are much faster then me popping a merc and doing Kurns tower. And a merc takes up half your xp.

Now for the sake of argument I can not solo a non animal mob in Field of scale (Without a merc). To get the same xp as you when using a merc I would have to kill twice as fast. Now for the sake of argument lets say that I have 2x the dps of an equivalently geared Paladin. Call me 2500 and them 1250. That would be parity on soloing. However you also have the option of going to undead their in which case you will increase your DPS.

Yes you used to be among the best of the soloers for xp, and STILL do some amazing Old Boss mobs. Currently other melee have closed the gap, by using mercs however I do not thing that they surpass you. (I really can not tell you what I would get in a lesson burn in RSS as I don't get AA, but a friend slightly better gear, less AA, SLIGHTLY less DPS gets about 6 aa in Vald pit while it is a hot zone).

Now with that said YES, by all means I AGREE that you need more DPS. I AGREE that it should be DPS that is not tied to aggro so you can actually BURN or at least pretend to. No you should not be topping zerkers in burn parses and am sure most here do not think you should even on undead. You SHOULD have more burn on live, and from what I have read here more burn on undead (I consider your sustained on undead to be fine). Now wether the burn on undead is by spells (which would require an enchanter to maximize) or by Melee (which would require shaman/bard/zerker to maximize) I don't care, but you should get more burn, and that BURN should be calculated assuming you are getting boosts from other classes (just like all the other burn classes are assumed to get). MY personal preference would be to see you get a good FIRE nuke or two (which druid would help) because Fire has a purifying effect on undead but how they do it I really do not care.

Interesting note last night my group for Mindblight had 3 monks, a druid, a wizard and a mage. You can imagine that my burn DPS was less then stellar. But then our Raid Leaders seldom put together what I consider to be DPS groups.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 pm

ok, maybe its just me not being awake enough....but ur point is?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Every class has secondary stuff, and almost all have an area they are extremely bad at. For Paladins, our only bad spot is actually DPS... unfortunately for us, SoD and the last few expansions have focused too heavily on "how fast would you kill this" versus actually requiring people to work at the raid script and beating it without blind force.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for us having a boost to dps, but I also see quite clearly the reasoning behind why we are a very low dps class in most situations as well.
Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:01 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Wyvernwill » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:34 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 pm

how about comparing healing to the main healing classes: Cle, Dru, Sham and Pal....were in 4th place
Curing to the main curing classes: Cle, Dru, Sham and pal...were in 4th place....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

ok, leme rephrase..we are a LONG DISTANT 4th.. Our group healing is decent altho it might could use a smidge of an upgrade with the inflation of hp's now. our single target healing is FAR SUBPAR. We are the only healing class whose HoT's are worse than a potion (by a few hundred). Our curing of others is almost so far down it could be written off. Only cure i use nowadays is RC and its not even all that great. Our self cures are right on track tho. Overall, agreeing with some others..all hybrid healing in general needs to come up (especially ours). We shouldnt be 1/2 cleric...and healing like we are 1/8th cleric..
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Kumudil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Valandil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:51 pm

considering that while it is tagged Yellow as a single heal..it is in fact a Group Heal since it does heal more than 1 person. Also..can you target someone out of group and heal them with aurora? I think not...Thus SINGLE TARGET Heal...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Our single target healing spells include:
Burst
Shining Light
Devout Touch
Heal over Time
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 pm

no...you are purposively trying to break down my point....Single Target means only affects 1 person...if it helps you out ill rephrase to Single Target Out of Group (other people not in your 6) Healing...that help?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:41 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:00 am

Dude stop..your trying to bring Aurora into this..WERE NOT. We dont give a damn about Aurora in this discussion. This is about that 7th person NOT in a group. When you are in a raid and u need to heal a warrior NOT in your group. Get with the program...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:18 am

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:50 am

ive never referred to Aurora as a SINGLE target heal. it CAN Be manipulated to single target heal, but its Never intended to do that...it was flagged to Require someone to bein group JUST for it to work. If ur standin groupless and cast aurora, itll do nothing. Its a Group heal, not single target. Our single target heals are:
Devout Touch
Shining Light
Burst of *****
and our HoT line..

ALL subpar. Try attacking THAT
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 am

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby Kumudil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:31 am

Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:42 am

Burst of dawnlight also grays out ALL spellgems for 6 seconds after using it...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 am

aurora is a great spell.

if you exploit it - then yes it can be used to single target heal. In a group situation it is nice, unless the mobs rampage or AE, on a raid you can't use it as often in said exploitable form. As a SELF heal that splashes over, it is inferior to our group heals in a raid setting. I'm not trying to sugar coat this heal, I understand that it has amazing potential and it can be the only heal you cast ever if you so desired. However, the minute you have to heal someone outside of your group, which happens often on raids - our targeted heals are ballz... as such they need a revamp.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:26 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 am

Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Light line needs thrown in the trash heap and never spoken of again. Touch and burst lines need about a 2-3k increase in healing any more then that we're going to have clerics and druids and prob shamans all over us. For wave line they need to be just under a clerics but above a druid's and a shaman's if the priest classes want to bitch about that 1-900-MixALot em it was our niche ability that got whored out to them in the first place so we should be better at it.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:23 am

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 pm

not necessarily... Thing about Aurora is its so funky coded that it can be manipulated 1000 different ways (figure of speech). First it requires you HAVE TO BE GROUPED (meaning its not a solo spell). Also it takes its total amt to heal (lets say 15,000 for example usage), and itll give you part of the 15000 first until ur full hp. Whatevers left out of that 15,000 it will distribute out to the rest of your group. Now what some of these people are tryin to use to back their sayings up, is that if you are full hp, and 4 out of 5 in your group are full hp, but 1 person isnt..you can use Aurora to heal that person for 15000 or until they are full hp. In that way of manipulating you can use it like a single target heal. Intended use, i think not...but can do the same with any group heal and while its not as efficient...itll do the same job (heal that 1 person). What ive tried for the past few posts to explain, is that Aurora is locked to the 6 people in your group. I can be in Group 4 of a raid and i cant heal anybody in group 1 with it. Thus "Single Target". This is where them 4 spells up above listed come in. They are targetable castable healing spells. Its these 4 spells that are Subpar and are ALL categorized as Single Target Spells. They will and always will only heal 1 person. Note: Heal 1 person means Single. Not in the same group means Target.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Valandil » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Valandil

Paladin Main

Postby Tanthoris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:33 pm

"I carry the experiences life has given me upon my shoulders as well as the trust of my friends and family, and my arms shall never waiver in that endeavor even as the burden increases throughout life"
Tanthoris

Server: Povar

Paladin Main

PreviousNext

Return to Crusaders' Warhall