[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Ok you behind the sceens shady sneeks

Ok you behind the sceens shady sneeks

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Ok you behind the sceens shady sneeks

Postby Zanador » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:25 am

We've voted against it before yet you once again make a separate area on these boards and not allow all have access to it. Wth? We made it pretty clear as a community a only choosen people get access forum was a bad idea and you all did it previous to sof launching and kept it hush hush and you are doing at again now. If you gonna try to discuss crap for the class keep it in public you all have no more right to choose class direction then the rest of us.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Re: Ok you behind the sceens shady sneeks

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:55 am

Cry less
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:58 am

Quit going behind the pally classes back to get things your way. Yeah I'm sure it's easier to make it look like you have a consensus when you only let people in that agree with you since it's blatently obvious you're not gonna get a consensus on public forums. Either open em up or get rid of em.
Zanador

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 am

this coming from teh guy who knows anything about what the paladin community wants....Cry less Noob
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:18 am

look people, this could be 2 ways...1) i bring to samanna and he made it for us which kept us united under this site, or 2) i just make the damn forum myself privately and invite those from SW...either way its a free country and Serverwide was gonna have its own forum. Im personally grateful that Samanna is working with us to unite us all together. Sure we have a few bad apples who love NOTHING MORE, than flame wars...but hey, u get them in every game, family, school, work place, whatever...

Its here, its happening, Deal with it. If u dont like it...Tough. You cant dictate our lives as we pay OUR cash to play this game and we should be able to play it however we see fit...if i wanna be a Monk with agro augs, so be it. If i wanna be a group paladin or raid paladin, So be it...Either way...Zanador..Just cuz ur pussy hurts because u didnt get your way in the channel, doesnt mean you can Tell us what to do. We are still Serverwide Paladins. We outnumber You. If we want our own private forum, who are YOU to dictate to us...
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:27 am

oh and btw, what was voted on, was COMPLETELY different than what we have now. We voted for like...a Paladin Council to decide stuff for us, try to unite us under certain individuals...this is just a private forum for a certain group of people. Nice try tho....
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Zanador » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14 am

Unlike you in your delusional state I have never said I speak for the pally class as a whole nor do I try. I'm not the one who constantly tries getting stuff to go to the devs that's not what the community wants but is just what YOU want. You don't even know what goes on in your own channel. And yes I very quietly left sw in december because it was apparent you had no clue what happened and then you kept trying to get me to rejoin which I did once and when it was obvious you still had no clue what was going on I subsequently ignored you. See? The one who was pubicly making ultimatums in channel was freezah not me since last I checked you gave him mod status back then I guess I should of made an ultimatum but I never gave you an ultimatum I just left. And to be quite honest for someone who has claimed multiple times that he's just trying to unite the paladin community you've done more to separate it then anyone else. And while I'm at way to talk out of both ends by uniting the paladin community by making a private channel that is only for people that agree with you oh yeah that's really showing unity there huh?
Zanador

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:33 am

I pretty much promise there are channels in this forum that are not open access already. Probably some moderator section. It makes absolutely no sense to complain about people having a private forum. Can just as easily make a totally new forum, talk in a private vent server, or just exchange emails all day long.

Complaining that people are having private communications over the internet is pointless. No one in some private channel is deciding things for the paladin class as a whole, quit with the conspiracy theory crap. I don't care who they have in that channel, they don't have any control over the paladin class and they never will. No single group does, and the devs are the only ones the make the actual decisions.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I don't have a problem with a sub-group of players wanting a private space.

I do have a problem with posts that are personal attacks. Attack an idea, bad theories, poor data collection, questionable conclusions. But don't attack the person posting.

knytul, you claimed you wanted an area so that there could be attack-free discussion of ideas - yet most of what I see you doing is attacking others (regardless of who started it). Rise above it, or lose the private forum which, frankly, has been the focus of more angst than I've seen here since... well, since we started.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

All im tryin to do samanna, is defend our right to post freely. Some just are wanting to attack the posters regardless of what the subject is (ideas about aa's, a private forum, whatever). From now on, if people start to do flame wars and personal attacks, im just gonna hit the Report button on em. Too much hassle to fight with people nowadays.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I have a better idea.

1. Click the poster's userid to the left of the post.

2. Click "Add foe" and never see their posts again.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:05 pm

when a legit question comes up, ill deal w/ it. Until then im just gonna put them select few as Foe's and move on, any others ill just Report.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Remdayen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

Wow this all pretty crazy. :roll:

I am not a regular poster here, however I do read these fourms daily to keep up on whats going on with our class. I do share the same concern that we may miss something if there is some post there in the closed fourms. These open fourms on Samanna is the place where the Paladins come to do our gathering outside of EQ. Who cares if someone flames us or has something to say, it might add to the conversation. I have no problem with people flaming my post, its there opinon and every once in a while I make a new friend out of someone flaming me and come to a new understanding. And If the person is a real jerk off I have hit the foe button and never see there post again, only done it once, but it works. I will not be joining the special fourms, and am saddened by this development.

I don't know about the rest of the Paladins out there, I play my toon because it is the ideas behind him. We Paladins should not let some pesky post bother us, we should be above it. So lets keep it out in public view so all can see and patricpate in the discussion as we contiune to help each other and keep our class flourishing. This type of stuff does contiunes to divide us.
Remdayen
Paladin of Circle of Prophets
Remdayen

Server: Fennino Ro

Paladin Main

Postby Beregorn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 am

Very well said Remdayen

Point I would like to add : I always thought we have ONE speaker for the community - and thats Hulkling. Now I always see Knytul speaking for pallies in this forum - did I missed anything?
Beregorn

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 am

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Furiosa-DT » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:20 am

Yes people are free to have their own private message boards as they see fit, don't have an issue with that at all.

It doesn't however inspire a lot of confidence that it is just for "somewhere for those specific people to chat", given the way it has been handled. Knytul's attitude in this thread, and in general, makes me very wary of the true motives behind such a board. But at the end of the day, these are Samanna's site and boards, so his/her decision is final in that regard and from what I have seen he/she has their head on straight and is unlikely to let it get out of hand.

And Knytul, "Serverwide Paladins" might outnumber Zanador, but the number of paladins who don't join serverwide.paladins, either by choice or by lack of knowledge, outnumbers you considerably in return.
I think a lot of people would do well to remember that you post count, gear, guild tag and/or "channel membership" do not make you automatically better than the next person nor your opinions necessarily more valid. PoN would be served well, if there was less "elitist posturing" and a return to reasoned discussion, tolerance and a welcoming attitude to new/returning people who have questions or want insight to a differnt view of the picture, the original PoN had a much higher number of participants but always managed a much higher Signal to Noise Ratio.
Furiosa-DT

Server: Xegony

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Dorillion » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 am

Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 am

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:24 am

Normy

Paladin Main

Postby karkariace » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:49 am

Can i create a separate board and include everyone but people joining serverwide channel? We dont want to be flamed by them, they re meanies! :cry: :roll:
karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby karkariace » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:14 am

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:54 am

I've tried my best to force some logic into this whole arguement, but despite my best and well intentioned efforts, people resist the concepts.

So, believe what you want. Yes, Kytul is going to take over the paladin community with the 7-12 people in a private forum. I strongly recommend that all those with fear of this start your own forum immediately to combat the evil vile scum that would dare talk behind closed doors. The sky is falling, the mafia killed michael jackson, Elvis was an alien, Michael Moore was sent from heaven, the moon landing and holocaust obviously never happened, and former US president Bush is the Anti-christ.

I know I've missed plenty, but they are all true, along with all those emails filling up yahoo and gmail. Its all true. Run wild. Much easier than putting rational thought into things, attempting to understand, or even reading. I'm off to build a bomb shelter to protect myself from the Y2k bug and prepare for the 500,000,000 that was left to me by a prince I was apparently related to in some country I've never heard of.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Joejo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Wyvernwill » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Wyvernwill

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby boukk » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Well i agree, that if there s a channel for those that join serverwide, there should be one for those that dont ;p
Spliting community is bad, but if we re going to do it, might aswell do it fully.
boukk

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 pm

If it wasn't clear, the Paladin Mods, including Hulkling, as well as Waring (the Assistant Admin) have full moderator ability in that forum.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 pm

The way i see it is we were split before. Alot couldnt post in here because they were flamed out. Their voice wasnt heard, only the flamers was...That was a split. Now we have multiple places for people to post, so Everybody is heard. Nobody is silenced, and the appropriate people can hear everybodys voice. That to me sounds more unified.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Oh, and it seems like the Paladin Community today really has stepped up and is backing me up. I really do appreciate it guys. Thank you all.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Jace » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Zanador, don't bring something from a channel that you didn't like onto a forum it's just stupid and causes problems. You quit the channel and that shows us your take on the situation already, but making a thread on it is like asking for backup and flames, come on kid man up.
Jace

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:25 am

I honestly didn't know it was knytul's channel I thought it was hulking pulling a fast one again. i didn't know it was knytul till he came on here pmsing. The hiding behind crap to avoid ideas you don't like tho (yes this means you knytul) needs to stop. And all you've proven on this thread is you're a hippocrite by saying we want a forum so we don't get flamed but you are one of the most flame happy people on these boards. Just say the truth you want a forum where you can show the devs that it looks like you have a unified voice showing what the paladin community wants because you isolated and prevent the ones with opposing views from speaking up. And Jace reread knytul brought up the channel crap first not me.
Zanador

Postby karkariace » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:45 am

karkariace

Paladin Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Zanador » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:42 am

Yeah well it's real easy to think you got unified support when you put anyone that disagrees with your ranting delusions on ignore.
Zanador

Postby knytul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:03 pm

knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Can this useless thread please be locked down now? All of this is nothing but a pissing contest and serves no useful function at all. Its a thread full of mostly personal attacks, even the title is meant to be insulting.

I joined the server wide channel once before. Its not that I didn't like it, I just have more than enough channels on my plate anyway, so I have no real interest in making it a regular thing. Think that was nearly a year ago. Its not that I like or dislike anything about some personal section of a forum. I just know that it doesn't matter at all to me or the paladin community. I have the sound logical reasoning to NOT take everything that happens within the vicinity of me as a personal insult and grounds for flinging poo. I know the world doesn't revolve around me, so therefore people who take actions to improve their own view of things does not inheriently hurt my world. /shrug, damn logic.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:39 pm

i agree, can we get it locked or deleted? It serves no beneficial bonus to anybody. Its nothing more than a select few's personal grudges against a select few others.
knytul

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall