[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New to Everquest. Making a Froglok Paladin and roleplaying.

New to Everquest. Making a Froglok Paladin and roleplaying.

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New to Everquest. Making a Froglok Paladin and roleplaying.

Postby Omera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 am

I've been playing MMOs for 5 years now and I'm absolutely sick of all the new crap coming out of the MMO genres bunghole. Judging old vets telling me they've returned to Everquest and are having a great experience, I'm reactivating my mother's boyfriends old account tomorrow. I'll be playing on Firiona Vie and roleplaying. As of now, I don't plan on being a hardcore raider. Casual? Maybe. But I definitely don't want to be forced to show up for every raid every night whether I have the time or not.
On to the paladin questions.
How is there ability to solo? It shouldn't be too much of a problem with mercenaries in SoD... I'd need to buy that expansion next month though.
What should I know about Frogloks as paladins, lore-wise?
And lastly, what addon/mods should I get that might help?

Edit: Or I'll just make a rogue. I've heard many awesome stories of dragon soloing from my mother's boyfriend when he played... But he was the top 3rd rogue on the server or something like that. I think the rogue's name was Tuffin Nuff.
Omera

Paladin Main

Re: New to Everquest. Making a Froglok Paladin and roleplaying.

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 am

with you being so far behind, and very new to the game, one thing id like to make known to ya is that VEEERY few people nowadays play the levels 1-50. Most people are powerleveled through there. So as far as that area, you might end up spending alot of time very much alone. The mayong server is now a 51/50 server (meaning Level 51 with 50 Aa's you start with). If FV doesnt work out, id consider that while alot of people are still in that level range.

That being said: My experiences with LOW level paladins are severly outdated so ill give you what i got. I was able to solo the low levels, grouped from about 25 on until about 55, then was able to solo from there all the way up at one point or another. Soloing is VERY SLow for us compared to other classes. We literally have the worst dps, but our survivability is incomparable. With Merc's, they basically do our healing for us, Our dps comes up a little because we arent casting heal spells, and our survivability goes up even more. Umm, Froglok Paladins...I would talk to a guy on the Povar server named Tanthoris as hes really the only Froggy Pally i know. He might know their lore. And lastly..Addons/Mods...Nothing really tbh. you can get audio Triggers and ive heard of some priest classes using some software i cant recall the name of, but it sends an audio trigger to you telling you to heal yourself or whoever....but that just takes the fun out of it imo. Honestly, get the Audio Triggers and go w/ that only.

If your wanting to Solo the Leet Mobs, Rogues really arent the way to go. They have awesome dps, but NO survivability. Basically its a sprint between you and the mob to see who dies first. Mercs can help sometimes, but in special instances like Citadel of Anguish, Mercs cant go there, your really solo. If you want these kinds of experiences, look for Shiftie on the Bristlebane server.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Omera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 am

Omera

Paladin Main

Postby Lisene » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am

If you still want to level a pally, consider getting a tank merc at lower levels (maybe 20-60). A few people I've spoken to recently said they're severely overpowered centering around lvl 50 and barely need healing even. They'll be far more dps than you too, so heal them rather than getting a cleric merc to heal you. Switch to cleric merc when the game catches up to the tank.

I'd be wary of starting on FV simply because you can't tranfer out if you don't like it. You don't "have" to be on FV to roleplay, chat to Cellan "the Insane" on the Rathe. He'll probably also know Froglok lore ... But the 51/50 server is probably the best to start on as Kyntal said.

Also don't be turned off raiding because of an impression that all raid guilds force you to attend. There's a lot of mid to even high tier raiding guilds will do a decent job of raiding and not expect military discipline or to sell them your soul and seal it in blood.
Lisene

Paladin Main

Postby knytul » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:24 am

yeah, Check out the Mayong server. Make your Froggy Pally there. I think youll have more fun there than anything. I know i made a wizzy there recently and im havin a blast with em. Every class groups and solo's differently so as far as "who the bests are"..its more of "Whose the best at soloing/grouping (insert expansion, mobs, casting/melee, etc..) too many factors.
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Omera » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 am

Omera

Paladin Main

Postby Carmaris » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 am

Any class is a soloing class up to 50 these days, in my experience. Between potions, mudflation and mercs, leveling to 50 is obscenely easy. It does get a bit more difficult after than, but I was still able to solo my shaman into his 60's (PL from 62 - 70, did grind 3AA's solo at 70). My enchanter is currently level 57, never been grouped (outside of merc), has 23.5 hours play time, probably 5 of that not spent grinding exp (but also having access to lessons of the devoted and taking advantage of the 4th of July double exp weekend).
Carmaris

Postby Normy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am

I soloed on my necro easily into the 60's. I wasn't going for speed or anything, it was my hobby around my paladin, but I felt it was incredibly easy to do. And that was before the huge inflation in sellable gear came along.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby kolor » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:49 pm

well first off, welcome to eq
i hate to disappoint you, but there is not much roleplay nowadays even on fv server
but, there are a few small guilds that focus on rp
i would recommend posting a message on the Firiona Vie Message Board at http://firionavie.yuku.com/
Kolor Kolossus
Holy Defender of Firiona Vie
(Level 85 Paladin of short stature)
kolor

Server: FV

Paladin Main

Postby Cellan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:46 pm

P.S. Hi Lisene. Hey Abaz and Riou. Did I miss any shout outs?!

Zanador you there? lol
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall