[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - level 75 AA Farming, Icefall or not?

level 75 AA Farming, Icefall or not?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

level 75 AA Farming, Icefall or not?

Postby Vannadar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 pm

So, I am about to start leveling my Paladin to 75. I stopped leveling due to a small deployment away from home. I was going to stop at 70-71 but The Hole is ALWAYS camped, so I spoke with 95 Pally on the server. He told me to level straight to 75 and then farm like 4500's in Icefall (I think, I saved it on my notepad in game but had to reload computer.)

Questions are:

1) Is this the right zone?

2) Do I really need to farm 4.5k before leveling to 95?

3) Would a Lost Thulian Crusaders Greatsword and Elegant Defiant be good enough to farm these, or should I look for something about little more beefy?

4) Any other advice?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Vannadar

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: level 75 AA Farming, Icefall or not?

Postby Huurgh » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 am

Katta, elementals beat IFG for sure.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Vannadar » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:07 am

Even using slay? Or are there no undead in Icefall?
Vannadar

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby zorgothx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

You should be AA'ing in Ruins of Illsalin. This is the best place for a paladin to AA for the next 10 levels, at least. The whole zone is undead. There are no undead in Icefall.
zorgothx

Server: Rockford, IL

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

Yeah, there is no undead in icefall, ruins of illsalin is the best until 85, it is a little rough at 75 but doable if you are reasonably geared. 4500 will even max out all the AA that is remotely useful at level 90, 2 to 2.5k should suffice at 85 to 90, no point over doing things.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 am

Direwind used to be a good spot for Paladins in that level range (which is the same tier as Icefall).

Assuming your gear can handle it though, ilsalin is the way to go. It is good to learn swarming techniques.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Vannadar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Thank you very much for the information. It might not have been Icefall, and it is most likely that I am mistaken, but then again, with the guy telling me to farm 4500 AA's at level 75 he might have just been a douche. Hopefully I will be there soon.
Vannadar

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Thugo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:30 pm

This is a late post, but I'll add my 2 cents for future reference. Level 75 - 85 stay in ruins of illsalin. My pal is currently 2500 AA and probably 1200 of that was gained at level 80 in RoI. Personally I would get to 2k maybe 3k at 80 before leveling to 85. There are some very nice AA's at 85 and I'm still playing catch up on SoF aa's. At 85 RoI gives about 30 AA and the mobs have crazy low hp.

Hills of Shade is lagy as hell and the exp isn't very rewarding even at 85. Direwind undead mobs are too spread out.

There is one other zone that can be a descent honey hole, Vergalid Mines.
You will have to farm orcs and gobs for the key to get to the undead portion, but the exp is not too shabby. My only issue with Vergalid Mines is finding a good corner to stay in.

My plan is to stay in FC now at 85 until I beat my head against the wall. The mobs here can be rough especially when they gate and summon you like a ping pong hitting 2 brick walls at 100mph!

Good luck and keep the faith. Sk's might be able to swarm more mobs than us, but we can kill undead swarms faster than them!
Thugo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Kidas52 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:42 am

Thugo could u explain your tatics? I am a level 80 paladin but i can atmost handle two of the spiders. Which AAs do u prioritize? Is there anyway I could get yur server name and logon and pick your brain. All these new pally abilitites and AAs are giving me a headache.

Have any videos of you swarming?

I am able to do two drachnids ok but it does strain the mana of my merc pretty badly vs two. Three is possile but not advisable. Also with the bloodknight i have to use holyforge and LoH and my Abtruse BP in order to kill him solo. I must not have enough AA or my armor is horrible, i am level 80 and all these mobs are light blue to me. I still like the zone because I get more exp. It just seems a lot scarier :P and the drachnids have huge sympathetic agro ranges, i tried to pull something on a higher level and like 5 came. Good thing my DA was up but sadly i lost my merc who had clarity =(.
Saintz "Order of War" Level 89 almost 90 Paladin on the Drinal server. 1750 AAs defensive/Swarm based AA's
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:37 am

Nullify Magic will help a ton in your single(/low-multis)-killing in RoI phase. Every spell casting mob down there uses the buff on itself, getting rid of that makes them super wimpy. When you're into swarming, you won't dispel em, but that's after defensive AA are filled out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Abstruse things are so expensive, though :(

Maybe HoT-tier cultural crafted armor?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

varutia

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 pm

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kidas52 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I have terror boots, ab bp and bracers, then teh rest eleborate defiant. I now have 10 aas in agi and stab each from grouping with my guild in VoA. They are going to give me cultural armor when i hit 86, wear should i farm after that?
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 am

Personally I would not specifically farm terror infused and abstruse if cultures are just around the corner and waiting. If your guild raid, you can also pick up raid seal for major upgrades with culture.
varutia

Paladin Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Tue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Aragir's Short Version on leveling a paladin:

60-65 - Veksar Undead
62-67 - Plane of Valor skellies
66-70 - Wall of Slaughter undead squid-things
68-75 - The Nest
75+ - Ruins of Illsalin
77+ - Direwind Cliffs camps
80+ - Direwind undead above Ashengate

If you're having trouble at one level, drop to the one before it. If the level you're at is too easy, move up to the next.

Aragir's Long version on How I Leveled up My Paladin:

Just my thoughts on the matter (understand I'm a fairly casual gamer, but I have pretty good gear because I'm sociable and tag along on raids sometimes):

From 62-66 or so I leveled up in Veksar
From 66-70 or so I leveled up in Wall of Slaughter, undead whatchamacallit tunnel
From 70 or so I duoed/trioed with my wife and her characters in The Nest until I could solo there, around level 75, I think.

Bear in mind, I was working 50% AA/50% regular xp this whole time. Sometimes I'd switch to 90% AA to try and grind out another level of CS/CA or something.

From 75 on, I could duo/trio in Illsalin easily (this was back when SoF was new), and could solo in RoI one or two mobs at a time.
Now, I'm 84, and I solo in RoI still (90% AA). I'm up to about 1400AAs, and I've maxxed most of my defensives, plus I have almost full Abstruse gear. In fact, I have almost full HoT or better gear, and mostly SoD+ augments. I can't quite solo Frostcrypt yet, but I can solo Direwind undead, and the Direwind camp above Ashengate seems to be faster xp than Ruins of Illsalin (but its hard to say, I've been falling asleep soloing up there a lot lately, so I might not be accurate on that). At any rate, I feel like I have two GOOD options for soloing.

I figure once I literally max out ALL my defensive abilities (including healing adept, healing gift, planar power, and other whatnots), then I'll start leveling up again. Because my wife's two characters are a ranger and a cleric, so I have to be able to tank stuff for a WHILE.
Aragir Lancot

Postby Kidas52 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:13 am

I just got abstruse legs, all my none visible have 900-990hp my trinket is 1,400hp. So i should stay in RoI? I notice there is really only a hand full of spiders that i can pull from, ive im able to swarm very effectively i wont have much to kill if i pull an area at a time ill be waiting for repop wont I?
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Dorillion » Thu May 03, 2012 3:11 am

You have all the shillskins to kill and the arena zombies.
So if you have to wait for spiders maybe you need to find the others.
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kidas52 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 am

I cant find shillskins, I just got full cultural lvl 86 gear and weapon and charm with all the augs, should i stay in RoI and swarm or move someplace with higherlvl mobs?
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Dorillion » Thu May 03, 2012 4:39 am

Shillskins are in the cave systems.
Move from the Island with spiders, the arena holds the zombies. Arena you can see from the island.
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kidas52 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 am

I cleared the arena in one pull how do i get up to the higher lvls?
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Kidas52 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 am

how do i get to the shillskin theres see inviz monesters in the caves
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby Kidas52 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:10 am

went to frostcyrpt they beat the shit out of me :P vs 3
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 am

Go up high on the wall in the middle island and just run across the broken bridge to the shiliskin area, it is just pass the raid mob room.
varutia

Paladin Main

Postby Dorillion » Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 am

You can leviwallwalk up to the balconys left of the arena area.
2 shillskins on each balcony I think.
Those does not see thru your IVU
Dorillion

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Sat May 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby varutia » Sun May 13, 2012 7:39 am

Lol, I was thinking wtf that sounds like what I said a while back, then I saw the gold selling link.
varutia

Paladin Main

Return to Crusaders' Warhall