[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Aggro....

Aggro....

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Aggro....

Postby Vegitan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:33 pm

Do we honestly have all the tools to generate enough? I am in a Tacvi-CoA farming guild and have really started to notice the challenge of trying to hold aggro off of the DPS as they get better foci, more AA and better weapons. I can hold my own if I am doing nothing but spamming stuns, to include HoD, but if I have to try and hold the aggro on more than one mob is where things get tough fast. The melee DPS quickly out aggros me (no, they arent using stun augs) and now I have a choice, hope that the one or two stuns I got off on the add will be enough to hold it or let the melee DPS try to tank it. If I press as hard as I can I can usually get the aggro back and slip a stun to the other mob from cylce to cycle. My point really is, it shouldnt be like this. SoE KNOWS that DPS has greatly increased but why haven't our stuns hate truely gone up? 2k hate is not much when you have the grey out, interrupts and getting stunned yourself or lord forbid that you lag out and have monks doing 800-900DPS. Why aren't our stuns up near 3k hate? They don't stun most content anyway, since most of it is stun immune. I should be able to not cast a stun for a while and still know I am going to maintain aggro on a mob. Am I the only one who feels that while we have gotten some upgrades in hate generation that it is not properly scaling with the DPS being kicked out by CoA plus geared DPS.
Vegitan Sayainprince
Trinity Alliance - Prexus
/salute to all my brothers in metal and combat
Vegitan

Postby Ughbash » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:29 pm

Well what I am hearing you saying is that Sony should increase your aggro on stun because other melee are idiots.

Non-tanking Melee should be assisting the MA. If you have monks attacking BOTH the mobs you are trying to hold aggro at least one of them is on the wrong mob.

And as for the DPS being kicked out by COA plus geared monks, the paladins or knights or warriors I raid with tend not to loose aggro to me. When I group with a SIGNIFIGANTLY worse geared SK or paladin, if they want it they get it. It should be noted though that I almost never have a bard in group which would increase my dps and thus aggro more then it would a knight in the group.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:02 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Draglin Stoneshield » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:12 pm

<center> Image
� � </center>
Draglin Stoneshield

Server: Xegony

Postby Vegitan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:31 pm

I guess i should've qualified that statement, what I meant really was single group content. If a DPS wants to over aggro on a raid mob and goes splat, well i dont cry. I can generate enough hate on one single target to hold it down. Really what I am talking about is two issues.

1. Trying to hold aggro on the mob that is being killed while trying to get aggro on an incoming or extra mob.
2. The fact that I do have to work so hard to hold aggro off a well geared DPS class.

My point is that my aggro generation should be significant enough that outside of a DPS class using stun augs or using offensive disc I shouldn't have to chain stuns (and I am talking about stunning as fast as they refresh to include using the little hate on HoD) to just stay on top of aggro. To me the whole point of my stuns anymore is to generate hate, as they rarely stun any content. The scaling of hate generation is off to me, I don't think the issue is with the DPS classes having to toggle attack on and off just to stay alive. Their job is to kill, mine is to hold the aggro so they can do theirs. But I am finding that I need work harder and harder, I used to be able to hold aggro on 3+ mobs NP, but now I have to put so much aggro on one mob that it throws off the hate generation I can on the others and it usually will go right after the healers.

Oh and once upon a day I used to be able to join in group conversations, now I am too busy mashing hot keys.

P.S. Sorry about starting this thread on the wrong forum, think the cold medicine is kicking in.
Vegitan

Postby Anngelus » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:00 pm

Do you use Challenge? Just asking because I normally chain stun on refresh, just always the way I have played, but on an add i will stun that mob for initial aggro, restun the mob that is being killed, and then use challenge on the add, and typically unless someone is attacking the add, it will stick with me until the other mob is dead. I will also refresh challenge through the fight, and occasionally throw another stun, so that as soon as the original mob is dead I have a significant leap on aggro for the add. The main class I have an issue with taking aggro is wizzies. Then again they can do 20k nuke, and do an instant cast 8k with no pause :?
Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Return to Equipment & Loot