[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gear check...

Gear check...

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Gear check...

Postby Utelr » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi. This board is so full of great people and information that I couldn't help but register :)
Thanks btw.

Anyways... onto another of the many equipment checks

I'm the tank, and my normal group consists of me, 70 clr, 70 shm, 70 rng and 70 brd. My normal buffed stats are 10.5khp and 2kac.
We've all agreed to spend some time gearing me up so that I can tank us to new heights, but where would you recommend starting. Can I do the ground murkglider eyes etc from RS? Or do I need to start smaller?
Would the PoR armor be a good first step maybe? Or try for some TSS pieces?

The other thing is should I stay at 70 and AA, or start moving to 75? Would I be able to tank harder mobs just by virtue of a higher level?

I'm looking forward to your advice :)

Kanadafx

edit: erm, thought that the magelo would be in the sidebar! Here it is anyways [/url]
Utelr

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby knytul » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:14 pm

hit 71, go camp all the molds in TSS.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3590

While ur getting these molds you can also start acquiring the PowerSources to make them useful too.
Also theres tons of quests in TSS (alot in valdeholm and direwind) that will gear u up rather nicely. at 75 with all your slay and defensive aa's, u and the shammy alone should be able to duo the direwind SW corner graveyard.

Think of it this way, your lvl 70 now. Max is 75. In less than 2 months time, max will be 80. Do you really wanna be 10 levels behind everybody else?
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Kunzer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Well looking at your number of AAs I think you have plenty to move on to 75, you may want to max out all defensives(probably should of awhile back :P )

heres a list of things to look into:
Ear:
Primary: I would bazaar or buy with ebons/radiants
Shield: (you will need some faction which you can get by getting Icefall Grizzly Pelts( for bracers) or the Ivory from mammoths, doubt you can tank either yet but sometimes they rott)
Can do the easier zones which take longer but less risk
Augs:
MPG blind (should be easy)
RSS 25s (little bit tougher would probably need a few upgrades first)
RSS 20s (can be a pain to camp I would do after you can take 25s)
Emerald Jungle MM, 3rd in task iirc, (easy to get just need to read strats on alla's for some good info)

That should help you some, you won't be able to handle all of these to begin with but eventually after you gear up a little on the others.
Kunzer

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Siocnarf » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Siocnarf

Server: Test

Paladin Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Mendler » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:52 pm

Cleric, warrior, shammy, necro of Emarr
Mendler

Server: Emarr