Emblem of Valor

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Emblem of Valor

Postby Merkraith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:16 am

So I have had my "Camp Valor" Faction up a bit from working on stuff when that expansion was newer, and I have wanted to get ALLY so I can get the type 15 emblem aug for the BP, I currently have a cloudsteel BP with the slot.

I just realised though that the emblem aug gets better with more pieces of armor, so I am guessing that the 20 ac, and 250/250 is if you have the whole set?

I am probably gonna have at most 2 pieces of this set, just cause of my playstyle and probably not gonna be in crystallos as much as i had been, so I am wondering if this type 15 emblem aug is still worth getting. Does anyone know what it starts at for one piece of armor?

My faction is currently Kindly, might be close to warmly, not sure. But just wondering if I should push to ally and if its worth it, otherwise ill leave the BP as is and not do the faction if all I am getting is like 5ac, and 50/50

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id ... etcookie=1 <- link to the aug
Merkraith

Server: Luclin

Re: Emblem of Valor

Postby riou » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 am

it gains stats based on how many pieces of set you have yea, and group only gets like 60% of that power at maximum,

also, Field of Scale emblem is the best bp emblem (Emblem of Scale) for tanks: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=79643

the SoF version would be (Emblem of Elemental Fire): http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72242
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Merkraith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 am

Well currently I think I will pass on the emblem, cause of the warped steel type armor, I think I have 2, maybe 3 ( I think I might have a bracer of the set).

However, for the warped steel set, does it matter which tier each piece is? I currently have cloudsteel BP, and warped steel Greaves and possibly bracer. I could possibly have a tier 3l Greaves soon, ( Just need a core, already have a fire essence). Now my question is, what if I went to Bazaar and picked up warped steel Helm, arms, hands, feet and a wrist, and even though my BP is tier 3, and possibly legs soon, would I get the bonus from the emblem even though the armor set is at diff tiers? And do you even get the benefit if the set is at tier 1 at all?
Merkraith

Postby Tuathadendannan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 pm

I had a full set as well minus the cutural hands and that aug did jack dookie lol, maybe if its a full set of raid armor it works, my question though is why not just do the gem armor for SoD? By the time you farm all your stuff from cryst , you would prolly have a full set of gemmed armor and its far superior.
Tuathadendannan

Postby Merkraith » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:10 pm

I wasnt on planning crys. Just was wondering if the tier 1 would do it ( Warped Steel)

I have not gotten to the SoD armor or look extensively, but Its probably best I go that route.

It is just looking like going for the emblem isnt worth it, unless I had more time etc or if I had it already. I think I just want to get one CORE drop, since I already have a fire essence in bank, and I can get my greaves up to Flamesteel ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=76122 ) My BP is the Cloudsteel as I said ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75633 )

I should look up the gemmed armor and see how it matches up to the Flamesteel/Cloudsteel. The rest of my armor pieces ( head/arms/hands/feet) are preaetorians bought in TBS expansion off merchant, so any SOD armor should be great upgrades on those.

As for my playstyle, I dont raid, really...never, my guild does raid however, I just usually have to much RL going on to sit down for 4 hours and yeah etc.

I do have 2 playing partners ( who box) and us 3 have been playing regularly on nights after work for about 3 years, so we plan, play and progress together, so farming up stuff for armor should not be a problem.
Merkraith

Postby riou » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 pm

t1 armor shouldnt work it should all have to be cloudsteel(I dont think the other kinds work for stats on it) like the BP

if you got SoD you should just do that armor instead tho, as it's better and easier to get then cores / essences in sof, tho thats gonna have same problem with emblem unless ngreth changes his mind on allowing the different kinds to all work.
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Merkraith » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Well after learning more about the emblems, I am just not caring as much about it now heh. I appreciate every ones help though, and gonna work towards SOD armor. =)
Merkraith

Postby Zanador » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Yeah to show decent stats you need prismatic (like all 4 cryst essences) armor. The rest are right sod armor would be more beneficial for you.
Zanador

Server: rathe

Return to Equipment & Loot