[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New fundament spirit of holiness AA's..

New fundament spirit of holiness AA's..

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

New fundament spirit of holiness AA's..

Postby thurvok » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm

When I 1st saw these.. I said to my self Oh BOY!! I want to GET those ASAP.. well now I have them and almost never use them.. because I forget!! In the exciment of raiding in MMM I am doing a LOT of curing, healing, battle rezzing, OT'ing.. and in all the excietment .. I forget and they only last a very short time with a reuse timer of ~ 5 min?? I wish there was an option that I could use to just fire the damn thing off at highest level ya got when ever the gem resets.. ( wish for auto bash option as well).. Does anyone use these effectively.. If so HOW?? would appreciate tips.. on how to get the most out of these since I did pay for all those AA's.... hehehe....
thurvok

Server: Povar

Re: New fundament spirit of holiness AA's..

Postby shiftie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:05 pm

they are fight by fight basis

Once you get things on farm you have a general idea of how events work/when you will be called on to do what and ultimately how to use the spires effectively.

First spire - example Venomlord: heavy ae that you have to eat because if cured you die, not so much a problem for self healing, however since group is eating the ae as well I spend alot of my mana keeping the group alive. Pop first spire and rotate the 2 highest group heals and use DoN clicky shoulders whenever possible. I also have the staff from the Rallos Returns raid and it procs HoHV so spire effects that also. Otherwise I use this spire to stack with epic and armor for insane heals when soloing a named with the new RK III burst heal I've landed 36k heals and that does not include remorseless.

Second spire - This one is fairly self explanatory, anytime the raid leader calls for us to go damage and I am not offtanking something I click this aa and use my epic and any other means of adding dps. When soloing/grouping I use this one on any named that is easy enough to tank for the extra 111 dps i believe it was parsed at.

Third spire - I use this when I have to step in and tank a named on a raid, usually starting off with deflection and then once the healers are healing (hopefully by the time deflection ends) I will hit armor and dmg mitigation disc and then rotate epic and third spire when those wear off.

anyhow I realize it isn't always cut and paste on how to use them and each player is going to make different uses out of them but those are the general rules that I try to follow when raiding/grouping/soloing and it seems to work pretty well.

cheers,
shiftie

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Shiftie hit the nail on the head.

In groups, the only one I really use is second spire, and I fire it as often as it comes up. I'll take any increase I can get for my pitiful DPS. In raids I'll use it on any boss that I don't have another main task, like offtanking.

The first spire is wonderful for the "oh crap" moments. I have a hotkey that will fire this and then a half second later my HoP heal. That is a group-saver. Follow it up with your group heals and you'd be amazed at what you can keep your group alive through.

Third spire I use when I have to man up against a hard target. Some named in SoD zones hit quite a bit harder than the trash that surrounds them, if I have it up I'll use it there in combination with my defensive. This came in handy just last night, my lead warrior decided it would be funny to have all paladins in the tank line for Fabled Bertox in fabled PoTime. I was the raid leader, so naturally I was first in line. I don't think he really thought I would do it, so I had to give it a shot. I stayed alive by using every trick I had and a hell of a lot of healing from the clerics. Its times like that, taking close to 2million damage in a few minutes, that you'll appreciate having any additional boost you can.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 am

Normy how do you use the Fundement's in a hotkey, and what is HoP heal?
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Normy » Fri May 29, 2009 9:09 am

Hand of Piety, AA group heal.

And there was some code to use the alt activate code for the AA abilities, I'm not at home so I don't have it in front of me. Anyone know where these are listed?
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Fri May 29, 2009 11:41 am

1440 spire 1
1441 spire 2
1442 spire 3
180 hand of piety
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Fri May 29, 2009 4:57 pm

The command to see it in game always used to be /alt list paladin . . . but I haven't tried since around TSS when the list got so long it crashed when I tried to do the command.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Fri May 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Sat May 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Blabberpuss Stryyker » Sat May 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I don't text much from my cell, I don't know what LIFO means. That script was suggested to me, how it works, dunno yet.
Blabberpuss Stryyker

Paladin Main

Postby Peaky » Sat May 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Last in, first out. It just means the second action will occur first.
Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Return to Spells & Abilities