[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spell Input 2012 Edition

Spell Input 2012 Edition

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Discipline and AA discussion.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Spell Input 2012 Edition

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Starting a thread for spell input to go with the AA input

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Spell Input 2012 Edition

Postby Kidas52 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 am

Proc Self Buffs that actually do some damage.
More Dps options.
Saintz "Order of War" Level 89 almost 90 Paladin on the Drinal server. 1750 AAs defensive/Swarm based AA's
Kidas52

Paladin Main

Postby shiftie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 am

I'm not playing anymore etc... but I can say with a good bit of confidence that more dps options isn't likely to happen anytime in the near future. I would suggest learning how to make the most of what you have available.

That said... the community has tried with no avail to have the self imbues revamped several times over. The devs do not like them for some reason even though they are a limited source of dps.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:45 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Just some ideas even though not playing, things I wish they would have done.

Pureforge - Make sure there is an upgrade this time around.

Rejuvenating Steel - make this a disc instead of a spell, with limited spell gems this spell doesn't make much sense with the refresh.

Alternatively - revamp the self imbues of the Fury line to be a long term version of Rejuvenating Steel, causing damage and either returning Mana or adding a self heal or a ToTT heal.

Protective Devotion - Revamp the vie slot to slot 11 so that it can be used in conjunction with cleric vie spells (druid version had this done) With the way vies work (highest to lowest) the vie portion wouldn't add any additional benefit but this would prevent it from knocking off the cleric vie constantly but would allow paladins to use the pass through heal without having to resort to the DPS version.

Brells ___ - Revamp to add a secondary line for a + 3,4,5 % chance to twinheal or add in a % healing mod of 8%.

Valor of Marr - Revamp to scale from 25% haste @ level 44 to 50% @ level 70.

Cleansing + Light - combine the two so that Brilliant light initial heal lands and then Zealous cleansing autocasts adjust mana to 1.5 of the total cost of the two spells. Current values of 1332 + 921 such that the new cost of the singular spell would be 1332 + (921/2). The problem with HoT spells is that they don't provide much reactionary function in the present high dps output of current EQ.

Righteous Audacity - Add an increase to incoming spell damage or melee damage to the mob on top of the MR debuff and hate recourse. Borrow the line of code from either tash or funeral dirge, granted using the spell damage would be redundant b/c of tash and would be taking away from chanters but funeral dirge = 5: Increase Hit Damage Taken by 18% and is on a longer re-use so making the pal version 5-8% wouldn't be pressing the limits too far but would add a reason to actually cast this spell. The hate over time is too weak and the debuff is mostly superfluous it needs more oomph.

Alternatively - add this as an autocast to one of the crushes, preferably the short recast version so as to match up similar recasts (11.5 v 12)

Discontinue marks to make room for new spells, they are abysmal in their function.

Add a stun to a version of the cleric

___ Force

This is a pass through heal linked to a stun

Slot Description
1: Stun (5.00 sec/95)
2: Add effect: Inspired Heal II = slot 1 increase Hitpoints by 3554

Diminish the stun duration to match zealous force (4 sec on timer 4) and HP healed to appropriate level, increase mana cost to match and let this be a non aggro purpose stun but rather a support stun.

Pious Intervention

Slot Description
1: Death Save - Restore Full Health
3: Lycanthropy

Mana: 500 Skill: Abjuration
Casting Time: 6 Recast Time: 90
Fizzle Time: 1.5 Range: 100
Deletable: No Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No Timer ID: 7
Target Type: Self Spell Type: Beneficial
Category: Death Pact Source:

Classes: pal/100
Duration: 10.0 mins
Reagents: Emerald x 2

Self only version of DI, since clerics got an upgrade to DI and can now overwrite this DI with their own. This has been a request from paladins for many years so listing it once again.

Unity of the Pure

Slot
1 Add Effect
2 Add effect
3 Add effect

The logistics aren't worked out but the goal is to add 1 buff like the ranger I may have messed up the slots etc, I think what I have listed will autocast all 3 spells instead of turning it all into one singular spell. They can work that out in beta. The goal is to have all three self buffs become 1 to preserve buff slots.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:54 am

A copy of

[27786] Blinding Firework
Target: Target Ring AE (If Type 1)
Range: 100, AE Range: 30
Resist: Magic -300
Casting: 14s, Recast: 1.5s
Max Targets: 6
1: Stun for 6s up to level 90
Text: You are stunned by a blinding light.

Changed to

Target: Target Ring AE (if type 1)
Range 100, AE range 50
Resist adjust -100
Casting time 0.5s, Recast 18s
Max Targets: 6
Stun for 4s up to level 100
Timer ID: 2
Hate generated 3500
Skill: Evocation
Category: Stun
Mana Cost: 1200

Mana cost was calculated @ 6x the mana of lesson of ___ line of stuns. Timer was set to recast at 18 seconds and placed on the same ID timer 2 so that it locks out splash, and a target limit of 6 so as to not mess with chanter stun bubbles but to give us something we can use for AE aggro at the cost of locking out the ability to cure.

The few things I've mentioned here are drawn from previous beta attempts to get spell changes as well as from conversations with other paladins on what they wanted to see added before I retired. This particular stun idea I tried REALLY REALLY hard to get Aristo to think about adding last beta but he refused to communicate with us and we ended up with Righteous Audacity and Rejuv Steel both of which never had a real purpose due to their design and inefficiency.

This is basically the #1 request for paladin spells over the time that I played eq - AE aggro etc.

Good luck and Godspeed
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Leigh » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Would it be too much to ask for a reverse dmg shield built into our Aura of Crusader line of spells? SK's have a regular dmg shield in their Cloak line ... it only seems fair.
Leigh

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Warpeace » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:02 am

Any chance we can #1 get a timer added to Auar's and #2 get ours bumped up slightly our current one is level 70 and Set Healing Effectiveness to 5%?? The healing mod feels underpowered to me, I know Clerics love it. I aslo would enjoy a slightly faster casting ability to our group heals. With current damage output it seems we are falling behind in the ability to get group heals cast.

I aslo would have to ask if a slight bump would make it OP for the true healers that would benifit from it. What do you number crunches have to say?
Warpeace

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Stephen51 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Current Lines
Mark of Ragan - Combine it with other Mark line, and have both fire as seperate debuffs- Other Mark usually lasts the whole fight, whereas this one doesnt - hard to justify the spell slot for it.
Zealous Touch - I hardly use it. At one time Pallies were required to help heal on raids, but heals are so inefficient compared to pure healers its doesnt happen now. Needs a re-think.
Abolish the Undead - Memming this spell actually reduces our dps - Make the casting time instant or 0.5 and make the recast 1.5 or 2 secs.
Righteous Audacity - Was thankful for something new other than a heal, but this just doesnt seem worth memming, its too weak. Again as we didnt get an extra spell gem this expansion its hard to justify including it in the line up. Needs beefing up or re-think or make it an AA.
Avowed Keeper - Bsty Focus lasts about the same length of time as our Credence copy - thats about 50% of its Shaman counterpart. AK is about 20% the duration of Credence. Make it 2hrs (about 40%) in duration.
Symbol of Erillion - Less useful due to the introduction of cleric mercs. Make this a spell package cast like Shammy focus - Cast Symbol and the AC buff.
Brilliant Light- Like Zealous Touch - but more so, useless spell these days.
Brells - got a nice hp upgrade this go, but needs something. AC seems to be a dirty word with Pally spells - lets change that.
Contrition - A good spell for an emergency heal - but then you have the re-cast and once again, only so many spell gems. Other hybrid classes get much more AA reducing timers etc. Could use such an AA, say 10 secs per rank. Otherwise it should be switched to an AA line instead.
Rejuvilating Steel - Terrible. I have an idea for a new spell line. More later.
Protective Dedication - Melee guard is not compatible with vie, and is not as good, needs to be adjusted as its not really much use for the mana cost at the moment.
Aurora of Splendor - Is listed as a fast heal. Cast time is 3 seconds. It has a fast recast. Would prefer the cast/recast switched.
Zealous Fury - Some time ago, this line was to have dmg for all mobs, and an extra component for undead, but it never worked and SOE gave up trying to fix it. We have 3 or 4 spells now that have an extra component for undead, I think they could fix it easily now.

New Lines
Replace Rejuvilating Steel with a reflect melee spell. The power of this could be determined by the following factors;
1. Give it a duration or a number of hits (the latter is the same as Rejuvilating Steel)
2. Amount of damage reflected. Can be either full damage reflected or partial damage, say 1000 damage per hit.
3. Recast could be instant or have a recast timer, could be alot like Rejuvilating Steel.

So in this way the devs can look at it and say, do we want to make a spell that not only blocks full melee damage on the player, but reflects all of that damage back at the mob and have it be recastable immediately, sounds great, but you would never take any damage. Look at the other end of the scale, with it only blocking/reflecting partial damage, for say 10 hits and then it cant be recast for 3 mins, and its less useful, but still a 1000 times more useful than Rejuvilating Steel.
Last edited by Stephen51 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Leigh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am

^ +1

Some great ideas up there.

I'm thinking the Ward of Tunare line could be extended 40% longer, and cost 40% more mana to compensate.

Valor of Marr should definitely get upgraded to 50% with a new spell at level 70:

Valiance of Marr
Slot - Description
3: Increase DEX by 40
4: Increase ATK by 40
5: Increase Attack Speed by 50%
6: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 20% with All Skills

Mana: 901
Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 4
Recast Time: 1.5
Fizzle Time: 1.5
Time of Day: Any
Range: 100
Fizzle Adj: 95
Deletable: No
Interruptable: Yes
Short Buff Box: No
Target Type: self
Spell Type: Beneficial
Category: Haste [single]

Classes: pal/70
Duration: 46.0 mins

And if devs are feeling generous:
8: Increase Chance to SlayUndead by 1% with All Skills

But that might be pushing it.

-Leigh
Leigh

Paladin Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aetemius » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

Aetemius

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Paladin Main

Postby Stephen51 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

For some reason I thought no focus touched this spell, I think it was because it's not enhanced by heal focus. With t2 raid gear and cleric spell haste rk 2 its down to 1.8. Thats still not really fast when you are getting beaten around the head etc, but I suppose the question is would you prefer 1.8 cast with no recast time or 0.5 cast time with 3 seconds on recast, with no chance of it being reduced.
I didnt know it healed through DA eith either :P
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby shiftie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm

I would never trade the spammability of Aurora for a .5 cast time with an extended recast. The original version was 0.3 sec cast time with like 5k mana cost for a 7kish unfocused/non crit heal which is why it is listed as a fast heal (the hp healed and mana used may be off that was many years ago). The spell is nearly perfect as is, the only thing I'd be interested in seeing changed is the total heal amount bumped a little bit to reach further toward the mudflation of HP relative to the power of the spell when it was introduced, when the spell gets split b/w group members it sucks up mana but doesn't do much to save them. If it bothers you a great deal I can PM aristo and see if he can change the classification or you can PM him yourself.

No thank you to the proposed changes of that spell.
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities