Divine Might Quest (Elysian Wyvernsoul, 8/6/00)

Timeless Saves - Herein is stored lore, tips, and sage advice for the Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Divine Might Quest (Elysian Wyvernsoul, 8/6/00)

Postby Valya Wanderfoot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:41 pm

Elysian Wyvernsoul
(8/6/00 10:31 am)
| Edit | Del All Divine Might Quest: Full Spoiler ( very long)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is not my work, I just pulled all the info together in a clear form. This is the way Verant wanted us to do the Quest, but chop and change, and even skip bits if you want.

Full Kudos goes to the fine members of PoN for working all this out.

Some of this is taken from AllaKhazam's, some from EQ Casters Realm, and some from comments and the initial post here on PoN. I have just reworded,updated and put it all in a logical from.

The Bones of Darak Lightforge:
Diggs Duggin is in the maze of the Gorge of King Xorb. If you enter from the Runneyeye entrance and follow the right wall you will eventually find him.

You say, 'hail Diggs Duggun'

Diggs Duggun says ''ail, dere! Ain'tcha a sight fer me sore eyes! I knows dat we're strangers an' all, but sight I ask a [boon] of ye?

You say, 'what boon?'

Diggs Duggun says 'Well, me pickaxe is blunted awfully bad and me ale supplies are dangerously low. If'n ye would be kind enough t' get me a new pick and a couple o' bottles o' dwarven ale, I would be f'rever in yer debt. *

Give him 1 pick, found at the vendor inside the door at the Kaladim Bank, and 2 Dwarven Ales (not stacked, 1 in each slot)

Diggs Duggun drinks one of the ales and burpsloudly then says By Brell's Beard! Yer a lifesaver, ya are! 'ere, take dis bone I've found 'ere in dis maze. Looks human ta me and I'm thinkin that a proper burial is in order. Freeport's the closest place dat has one o Marr's temples. I'm thinkin
dis was one o' his Holy Knights by da look o' da tattered tunic I found it wrapped in. I'm thinkin Valeron might be havin an interest in it. *

Diggs gives you "a dusty old leg bone" that's no drop and lore. Now go find the Paladin NPC Valeron Dushire at the Hall of Truth in North Freeport.

You say, 'hail Valeron Dushire'.

Valeron Dushire says 'I am Sir Valeron Dushire, leader of the order of the Knights of Truth. If your soul shines with purity and strength, I urge you to join our order. The might of Mithaniel Marr stands behind all who join. Soon that might will help us free this city from the tyranny of the [Freeport Militia].

You say, 'who is Diggs Duggun?'

Valeron Dushire says 'According to this crest on the tunic, you have recovered one of the bones of a lost Paladin [Hero].

You say, 'what hero?' Valeron Dushire says 'His name has been long lost but his legend lives on in every young knight who aspires to continue his fight. He attempted to quell an evil that resided within Kithicor, perverting nature itself. Much to his relief, it was an earthly foe he fought against and not a denizen summoned from the planes of evil. Then, suddenly, he was surrounded by dozens of dark elves. He was captured and taken to the Dead to be experimented upon and had his soul twisted by vile necromantic magics. Then the Tier'Dal cast his remains to the winds. Where they landed, no one knew, until now. You have found one of his bones. I hereby charge you with a Holy Quest to bring this Heros bones back for a burial with honors. Do you [accept], knight?

You say, 'I accept'.

Valeron Dushire says 'Good! I knew you would. It is one of the highest honors one can receive. Your quest will not be easy for I know not where his other bones lay. A spy of ours within Neriak was able to surmise that six of his bones along with his sword and shield were scattered throughout Norrath. You must search far and wide to find the remaining pieces, as you already have one. Do not give up. It is now your sacred duty. Once you have retrieved all eight pieces, come back to me and inform me that you [have all the bones].

Thus, you need to find 6 bones, a shield, a sword and the coffin.

The remains of Darak Lightfroge can be found at:
1) Shield - Docks of Erudin neg 600, neg 725
2) Sword - Mines at Kaladim (water edge)
3) Ribcage - on the ground near the fountain in Mistmoore where the Cloaked Dhampyre occasionally hangs out.
4) Legbone - Gorge of King Xorbb (what started this quest)
5) Skull - Minotaur Cave (steamfont) where Meldrath hangs out
6) Backbone - Unrest (Pit Area near the Dwarf ghost)
7) Jawbone - Everfrost Ice cave. pos 4525, neg 5238
8 ) Finger - Kedge - Phin's room. On a rock next to the wall. Exact Location is neg 147, pos 145, neg 251.

Go back to Valeron Dunshire and say 'I have all the bones', Valeron Dushire says 'Excellent! You are indeed worthy to bear the title of Holy Knight! Now, about the coffin. I have spoken with Ping Fizzlecutter, outside the western gates. Ask him about the coffin and once it is made, bring it to Simon Aldicott of Marr. I shall have Simon meet you by the lake In the commonlands after Ping gives you the coffin. '

To get the coffin talk to Ping and say "Tell me about the coffin" and "what components" he hands you an "Empty Gem Bag", you put the 8 gems in there, hit combine, and give it back to Ping. He then gives you an empty coffin in which you put the 6 bones + shield + sword in it and hit combine.

To make the coffin he requires the following:
- Diamond,
- Star Ruby,
- Pearl,
- Fire Emerald (see below.)
- Sapphire,
- Fire Opal
- Two Enchanted Plat Bars.

In order to get the correct Fire Emerald for this Quest you must go to Firiona Vie and speak to Brisha Fyrestone. When you say, 'What about the special fire emerald?' Brisha Fyrestone says 'Why would you want one of those? Not many people request them, except in special cases. Even you with all your powers can't tell the difference between them. Simply give Drake any fire emerald that you may have and he will make sure you get the special one.'

Then go and hand any old fire emerald to Drake Mountainstorm and after he examines the fire emerald, he reaches into his pouch and hands you another. He will then say 'There you go, it doesn't look special, but it is. If you don't believe me I'll take another look at it. Just remember this special fire emerald only has one purpose!'

Go to Simon Aldicott in West Commons near the Lake

You say: I am here to help with the funeral service

Simon Aldicott says: Are you the brave knight whom Valeron sent to meet me here? If so please place the remains in the coffin and seal it. Then hand me the coffin so that we may bless it in the waters of this lake.

Hand the combined coffin to Simon at the lake. INSTANTLY a lvl 50 reverant will spawn to Simons immediate right. It has pretty high Magic resistance but if you take a full balanced group it shouldn't be too hard. Kill this Revenant and loot the ashes from his corpse. Hand the ashes back to Simon and he hands you the spell, Divine Might.

The Spell:

Divine Might (lvl 49) Paladin only
* It's a 65 DD proc
* Takes 100 mana (self only)
* Cast time is 3 seconds
* Recast time is 6 seconds
* The proc lasts about 10 minutes
* Will not interfere with the weapon's regular proc
* Works even with Hand to Hand combat! No need for a weapon

Edit: Formatted for readabilty and clarified Digg Duggins location in the Gorge.
Elysian Wyvernsoul
39th rank Koada'Dal
Paladin of Tunare
Southern Legion
Tribunal Server

Edited by: Gilfalas at: 3/22/02 8:54:28 am

Gerwood2
(8/6/00 11:15 am)
| Edit | Del Re: Divine Might Quest: Full Spoiler ( very long)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
should put this in tomes of knowledge makes finding it easier in the future just a suggestion though

Gerwood
37 paladin Quellious
Guardians of Dawn

Adman Delu
(8/9/00 4:18 pm)
"Diggs Duggin runs around the maze."

I'm assuming this maze is in Kaladim. Not being from there I don't know about it. If so, where in Kaladim is it?
Adman Fastalker
49L Holy Knight of Povar
Officer of Aqua Vitae
Alcohol Tolerance (200)

"May Marr take you out for beers"

Eponah
(8/9/00 6:31 pm)
I believe he's in Beholder.
Eponah Darkhorse 49th Paladin

Kleitus
(1/19/01 7:55 pm)
Just so noone else misunderstands the ending and wastes all of their time and the items they have to wander around and fetch, you have to kill the revenant after he spawns. The Tortured Revenant is actually Darak Lightforge and you're releasing his soul by killing him. If you don't kill him, then he'll eventually despawn and you lose everything you've done up until then.
Kleitus
52nd Lvl Deepwater Cavalier of Erudin
Xegony
Valya Wanderfoot

Return to Tomes of Knowledge