[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What happened with this site?

What happened with this site?

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

What happened with this site?

Postby Tordail » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:08 am

Sam, thanks for keeping us posted :)
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Re: What happened with this site?

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:20 am

Sure thing.

I split this to a new topic for any replies, so the announcement wouldn't require wading through.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:04 am

ps, if you can see something that you think you shouldn't, or can't see something that you think you should, please let Fenier, Waring or me know.

Thanks!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:14 am

Yet again Samanna is showing off his uber skills and is acting as a hero to the Shaman community. :)

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:01 am

/shrug

Occam: email updated, but I had to delete the Occam2 account first.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:12 pm

I don't suppose it's possible to get optional color themes? This looks great on my stationary, but it's way too bright on my laptop (i.e. need black, not gray, or it gets hard to distinguish from the white).
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Wolfy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Thank you so much for y'alls work on fixing the site. I was having Samanna withdrawal :D
Wolfy

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Fenier » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Hrm. Sounded to me like text color. Will wait for clarification, perhaps I can darken/lighten something a bit.

Anyone else? Side menus working properly for everyone (with javascript on)?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Just generally the light colors fade into white on my laptop, the screen isn't the best. Like the different backgrounds behind posts, for example, they look pretty much the same. The grey/blue that's used as a background "on top" of the white (around the reply box), fades into the white unless I look at it from a certain angle, etc.

There isn't any option for themes in phpbb? I've only worked with other boards so I'm not so knowledgeable about phpbb, but all other boards I've worked with have had the option of adding themes that each user could pick if they so desired to (rather than using the default one).
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:00 pm

From what I understand the issue with multiple themes is that each time a mod gets added or altered on the site each theme will require modification to work which means that everytime a theme is added that means more work for updates.
WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Ah, I see. I was hoping there was a way to add a theme that was a copy of the default one, only using different colors. But maybe phpBB can't handle that - I don't know :)

I'll live with it if it's a big deal, will just stick to using my stationary to prowl the board!
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:25 pm

The ability exists, but it is a big deal. And I already have four different color themes - purple for general, maroon for shaman, navy for paladin, and forest for druid. If I make another, and allow users to choose, I can't enforce the druid forums having a dark green effect, etc. Perhaps you could you could play with your contrast?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I'll live with it, no worries :)

Just one question - I see all the forums in the same color (grey/blueish) - is that temporary then, or is it just me?

edit: Ah, nm, I saw the differences now!
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:15 pm

I actually kinda like the new format, i do miss the old brown skin though. Wouldn't mind a new skin, i hate this white one. All in all, great work sam and others.

|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 pm

I really tried to match the beigey-taupey-sandy color of the other version, but it never came out right.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 am

It doesn't want to put my custom title back! It's in the correct field under my profile, but I don't see it displaying anywhere. Also, are the blue and gold bars under our names a permanent thing?

EDIT: Annnnnnd ... of course now, my custom title shows up properly!
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Nothing's permanent if a lot of people hate it.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Occam » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion