[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Rashere Leaving ...

Rashere Leaving ...

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Rashere Leaving ...

Postby Tordail » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:40 pm

:shock:

It’s amazing how fast time can pass. It feels like just a few days ago when I first walked through the doors here but now, more than 5 years later, it’s time for me to move on. I’ll be leaving SOE at the end of the month and wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you, the EverQuest players, for your dedication and friendship over the years.

Looking back over everything that EverQuest has done in the last 5 years is enough to make my head swim, but the one constant throughout that time has always been the fans. Between fan faires, community summits, and the forums, I’ve met more dedicated and knowledgeable players than I could ever count and many of you have become good friends. That level of interaction with players is something you don’t often get to experience in this industry and I’m certainly going to miss it.

EverQuest has always been a pioneer in the MMO industry and it has been a distinct honor to be part of that legacy and work with the wonderful team behind the game. I leave EverQuest in the very capable hands of Ryan “Rytan” Barker and I have no doubt that he’ll continue its success long into the future.

Thanks you all for the great memories and I hope to run into everyone again in the future.

Travis “Rashere” McGeathy
Lead Designer
EverQuest
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Re: Rashere Leaving ...

Postby Huurgh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm

And being replaced by Rytan of all people. :shock:
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 pm

=/
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Galelor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Maitz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:47 am

Shame really.

But i don't really see Rytan as such a bad choice really.
Maitz

Server: Antonius Bayle

Necromancer Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:22 am

Would have much rather seen Nodyin or Ngreth get the nod. That would have been an upgrade. Prathun or Rytan is a downgrade.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 am

and after making all of those useful and informative posts lately too.
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:09 am

Rytan seems to be a mixed bag. I read a post over on EQLive that said the mages really like him, but I remember the <Fire Rytan Fan Club> guild that was created and the uproar over the retuning (or nerf, depending on your perspective) of Panther way back when. We actually had a five-page celebratory thread when he left the EQLive team, . I also remember it being said that Rytan's cardinal sin was silence. It will be interesting to see how Rytan moves into his new role.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 am

Actually, I take that back. It wasn't really a five-page celebratory thread. It was more like a page-and-a-half celebration that evolved into a discussion of why people around here don't like Tugela, which somehow evolved into a discussion of Keira Knightley and pirates. It involved some cool pictures, including one of a hamster holding a machine gun. I love these forums.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 am

Mmm, Keira Knightley... what were we talking about again?
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:26 am

dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:29 am

Watching Pirate's 2 at the very moment, how fortuitous!
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 pm

8)
Tordail

Veteran -