[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - options when you die

options when you die

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

options when you die

Postby Lgurin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Ok, so this is probably a real n00b question, but I reall ywant to better understand this. When I die, I get a window that appears that gives me a respawn timer and a list of places to respawn at. Theres 2 places listed, my bind point and the place where I died. I can't click on where I dided to pop up at my course (which would be cool since it negates the corpse run). Is there some AA or something that I can get to be able to enable that option? Or is it just there for someone to rez me first? I'm guessing it's the later part. I suppose it's cooler than the old "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT". This way you can still watch the action I guess lol. Is that what it's for?
Lgurin

Server: Dayton OH

Shaman Main

Re: options when you die

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Second button is for if you get a rez while you are hovering.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am

To maybe elaborate a little: The option to 'hover' for a while before you appear at bind was introduced to cut down on needless zoning back and forth. Apparently, the risk of going LD is much higher (for some) if they zone repeatedly within a short timespan, and for others, zoning (for any reason) can take so long that they miss out on important stuff, when they could have just gotten a battle rez and been back in business within seconds after dying. You still need a rez to spawn at your corpse, only now you don't have to spend 2 x 20 seconds looking at Firiona.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 am

Now if only they'd fix the damn thing so you could click the options the window presents each and every time you die. All too often, I hear guildys saying "Rez window bugged, gotta wait to return to bind," or something along those lines.

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm

That's a UI issue. They have some window (typically the map, sometimes raid window or inventory) invisibly open over their rez box. This affects those playing on laptops more frequently because they have less real estate on their screen.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 am

So is the fix for that to move the hidden window away from the rez box and it'll be selectable again?

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Kilgaroz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:49 am

If it's a UI issue, why doesn't it hit me all the time? I'd guess I get it once a week, maybe every other week, and all my windows are in fixed postitions, I don't have tell windows set up, this doesn't make sense to me. Or is it that I had my inventory window open when I died (for example) and it still thinks it's up?
Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:41 pm

exactly
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main