[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Wiki!

Wiki!

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Wiki!

Postby Samanna » Sun May 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Since I am sometimes so slow to include updates to the static pages, at Saintsaens' suggestion, we now have the Sprit Realm Wiki at http://samanna.net/wiki/

Please register and edit away. I have already done the Epic quest walkthroughs, and will get to the rest as I can.

Once most of the static page content is in place and updated, the wiki will replace the static pages.

Comments?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Re: Wiki!

Postby Saintsaens » Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Bah, you sound like someone in my former guild... If anything went wrong, it's my fault... :)

But anyway yeah, wikis are a new Web 2.0 technology (the most known example would be wikipedia). For those not familiar with what ti is, the cool thing about it is, if you see something wrong, you can edit it yourself instead of posting to say that it's wrong and needs to be fixed. I'm currently working through the paladin specific pages, converting them and updating them to current knowledge. Once I finish those, I'll get started on the general section.

It would be nice if people could post that they've changed something or are working on something. I personally was trying to keep the format as close to the static page's format that we have currently as possible, although we may eventually need to come up with a standardized format.
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby dindaur » Sun May 11, 2008 7:17 pm

awesome!
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Sun May 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Khael » Mon May 12, 2008 8:53 am

Cool stuff :)
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 am

Perhaps our page could link to and vice versa. 8)
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Tue May 13, 2008 12:07 pm

I'll get on it, thanks.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Andune » Tue May 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Andune

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon May 26, 2008 12:08 pm

The Wiki is really filling out. I want to thank the contributors, and encourage everyone to use it an help it along.

http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Special:Allpages shows every page in the wiki

http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Category:General shows the General pages added so far

http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Progresssion shows the Progression pages - so far just DOD

http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Shaman and http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Category:Paladin show the class-specific stuff added so far (no Druid pages in yet other than Epic quests)

I'm especially interested in any feedback on http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/Pre-OOW_Shaman_Spells
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:39 am

I feel like an idiot (which today, seems confirmed by the evidence) but how do you create a new page on the Wiki, or is that not universally allowed? Wanted to create a SoF songs type page under the Bard heading and could not for the life of me figure out how.

Wiki tutorial seems a bit borked in the editing section when I followed the link so here I am pestering you. ;)

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Lazy way: put new page title omgnewpage in search box, hit search, then click on the red (link doesn't exist - yet) text:

There is no page titled "omgnewpage". You can create this page. , which sends you to http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php?title ... ction=edit

Quick way: edit the url to http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php?title ... ction=edit and hit enter - replacing Omgnewpage with whatever.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Occam » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:18 am

Any chance of file uploading getting enabled at some point?
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:14 am

Yeah, I suppose. Why do we need it?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:23 am

There's a bard spreadsheet I could see as having a good home there. It's a couple expansions behind, but it does some of the calculations for you based on instrument mod (why it'd lose some usefulness if we tried to translate it up to wiki) which is kinda useful for figuring that out.
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:00 pm

I don't want people (or bots) making accounts and uploading all sorts of stuff, but I can surely make an image available if it is emailed to me.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Return to General EQ Discussion