[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Changes Inc to Glyphs

Changes Inc to Glyphs

For stuff that applies to all (or none) of the classes...

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Changes Inc to Glyphs

Postby Tordail » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Our good buddy Elidroth has been busy.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=174206

Glyphs are going to get reduced. Back when Glphys were introduced, the AA required to purchase them was a rather significant investment of time. Today, not so much. Reuse time is such that they can be used every fight in a raid night. Not good. They need to be less of a requirement and more of an emergency 'as needed' thing. Glyph reuse is going to be extended. Probably to an hour or more. Their damage benefit is also going to be decreased. It'll still be significant, but right now it's just WAY too good. I'll post up final numbers in the AA thread when I'm done.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Re: Changes Inc to Glyphs

Postby AbyssalMage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:55 am

Well the patch is here (3/9/11) and at least one glyph received the nerf bat. Too bad this was short sited like everything else they do. But, hey, mabye people will use more than one glyph now?

On a side note....I hate server downtime. I know its required at its very infrequent (compared to the past) but still hate it :mrgreen:
AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 pm

As a person who is Max AA and has every glyph bought... I wish they would just get rid of glyphs completely delete them all and I don't even care if I get the AA back for the ones I have purchased.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 am

As long as the AA costs stay low it's fine with me. If they cost more I wouldn't use em, and that's no fun
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

I don't use them now.

I am against them on principle and thus have spent the last 3 or 4 expansions maxxed but not using glyphs.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 pm

That's a pretty strange principle. Do you also eschew vet AAs? I view these as just the "high playtime" version of those, which are "born on date" benefits.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to General EQ Discussion