[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Lets discuss a "Revamped top 10" !

Lets discuss a "Revamped top 10" !

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Postby Grishkalur » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:51 pm

Grishkalur

Postby Beafly » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:54 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Ungkor » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:00 pm

Ungkor

Postby Brokkem » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:29 pm

Brokkem

Server: The Nameless

Postby Scowls » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:42 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Grizlor » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:58 pm

Grizlor - Barbarian Shaman, 7th (EQ) (Oh god this game)
Blob - Dwarf Shaman, Eonar (WoW)
Grizlor

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby jdthomas » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:06 pm

Can a buff overwrite part of another buff? If you consolidated might/sense/fort, then might not there be an issue of champ overwriting it due to the damage modifier not stacking?
jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:38 pm

#1 Improve shaman DPS and burst DPS.
I don't have any of the new OOW spell DPS upgrades except the rain and poison dot, so I don't feel like I can comment much on this one. I do like the way Spiritual Channeling gives me a sort of DPS mode. I can't usually nuke away with no regard to mana at all. I'd like to see the panther line made a little bit more convenient. We already can only use it in our group, so if it could be made a group version, instead of a single target, that would great.

#2 AE Malos or lose the insane recast delay on Malos. (currently being evaluated)
Getting rid of the recast on malos sure would be nice. AE Malos would be good too, but very situational in non-raid settings. I would rather have the recast gone from Malos. :)

#3 A more modern movement buff "Improved Bhi'li"
..and please remove the damn annoying recast from the regular spirit of bihli spell.

#4 An upgrade or addition to the Cannibalization AA ability
there have been many good suggestions on how to improve this AA. I'm happy with the changes to pained memories that were inspired by the community and I am sure that this AA could be improved in a balanced manner using some of the suggestions here.

#5 Some form of CASTABLE Group Heal 'Most likely a group HoT"
eh. Castable group heals are the domain of the clerics and paladins, are they not? I really like our ancestral aid, wouldn't mind seeing it heal for more and have a shorter recast...possibly have an initial larger direct heal, then the heal over time component. A castable group heal would be very situational for most people, particularly non-raiders. It would be nice to have but I wouldn't use it that much. I already keep 2 heals memmed in yoppas and serenity.

#6 Give Shamans a group version of our Haste spell
There is no reason for us not to have this. We're talking about a group version of a mid 40's level enchanter haste here.

#7 Endurance regen buff
It would be nice for someone to have the ability to restore a small amount of endurance to the meleers. However< i already feel like a slave to the meleers half the time. Gotta heal them, give them 25 buffs, champion and then leopard every 90 seconds.

#8 Shaman Survivability, Shamans are the least durable of the Slowing classes
I like the direction I have seen in the druid buff and in the recourse on our Vindictive Spirits. If we were doing something like vindictive spirits recourse, I would take the 1600dmg total cap off there though, since even xp mobs do 3x per that in a round in many places.

#9 A more modern and usefull version of bearform
There's not many buff slots, even with AA. It would have to be something compelling. I sure did like bearform though. I wouldn't even mind if it was still the same fluffy polar bear, just as long as it did something useful. :)

#10 An AA ability that reduces the Re-use time on VP aa
I love VP as it is, any improvements would just make it better and this is good.
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Gardeltron » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:57 pm

I don't think #7 is an issue. Let melee's worry about that one themselves. Give them AA's and abilities (e.g., yells, songs) that boost endurance. Let it remain a melee issue entirely.

I would replace that with some of the other important issues. Number 1 in my mind is making Vindictive Spirit so the duration of the slow and the spell effect is greater than the recast time. Also, the effect should be in the bard song buff box, and not in the regular buff box. Actually all short term buffs and heals should go in the bard box imho.

Prodigal Soothsayer of
Erollisi Marr
Gardeltron

Server: Erollisi Marred

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:01 pm

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby jdthomas » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:17 pm

Was curious about just that example. Or might as well. Either of those have a single effect thats overwritten by another buff with more than one effect. But do we know what happens when two buffs that each have multiple effects have a non-stacking common component?
jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:23 pm

Yes. Haste.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:45 pm

Lickity

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:58 pm

Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Re: Lets discuss a "Revamped top 10" !

Postby artebus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:13 pm

, Leader of the
Terris Thule
artebus

Server: Prexus (Terris Thule)

Postby Swobu_AB » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Swobu_AB

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:42 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby jdthomas » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:45 pm

jdthomas

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:54 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Chutoi » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:06 am

Chutoi Doglsobber
70 Shaman of Sol Invictus
The Tribunal
Chutoi

Postby Caanus Grey » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:36 am

Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Postby Scowls » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:40 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Ginormus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:08 am

<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=37762 "target="_blanc">Ginormus Sakapus</a></center>
Ginormus

Server: AB

Postby Grokii » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:18 am

Heyokah Grokii
Iksar Shaman of the 75th Season

The Seventh Hammer

"Pass the salt, eating myself for mana. /BURP"
Grokii

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Postby Beafly » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:31 am

Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Ungkor » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 am

Ungkor

Postby konarg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:49 pm

1. Improve shaman DPS and burst DPS.

I think our DPS would be better if spells actually landed on raid mobs. Need a Lure type Dot/nuke/rain like wizards,necros,druids,etc etc

2. AE Malos or lose the insane recast delay on Malos.

agree to both. AE Malos and shorter recast on Malos would get my vote

3. Make FA less of a hassle, 25 minute duration, 5 second recast.

Only people that ask me for thhis is Mages in Uqua who forget to bank their extra platinum. Lower recast time on Champion instead.

4. An upgrade or addition to the Cannibalization AA ability[/b

I think there needs to be another Canni at the 68-70 level range. Current one just doesn't move the Mana bar much.

[b]5. Add direct combat effects to all of our level 60+ stat buffs. (currently being evaluated)
-

I like it

6. Give Shamans a group version of our Haste spell .

Nobrainer and its a shame we have to give it a slot in a top ten list. should have had it several expansions ago.

7. Endurance regen buff. (currently being evaluated)

I like this but tie it into our STA buff, buff slots are at a premium even with AA's

8. Shaman Survivability, Shamans are the least durable of the Slowing classes.

We need some way to either reduce hate, DA for a couple rounds of damage, Some kind of self only rune-type, or at least allow to create an auto-message to nearest cleric to rez if you get unwanted agro.

9. TGB "Target Group Buff" Group shrink spell that effects people out of your group. (Currently being evaluated)

Most people have shrink items or can get them. While handy, I dont know if its top 10 material.

10. TBA
konarg

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:07 pm

Konarg, you should go back and read the original message. That version of the Top10 is already on its way out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Shammygirl » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:14 pm

Shammygirl

Server: Ayonae Ro, Tribunal

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:22 pm

Features include 65% movement boost (same as druid Flight of Eagles), Faerune, 1h base duration, and Location:Any. Any other questions?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby writher » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:23 pm

We have way too many buffs to cast already before a an endurance regen buff.

I'd like to see this:

Fortitude, sense, agi combined (agi not really necessary anymore)

Focus and Might combined

Endurance Regen, accumen, and bih'li combined
Writher
70 Shaman
Sojourners, Cazic Thule Server
writher

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:32 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:51 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:58 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sownow » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:37 pm

Sownow

Postby Kraxsis » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:40 pm

Kraxsis
Kraxsis

Postby Zillanex » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:27 am

Have a question on #8
Being i'm only 46 i wonder how a shaman can be the least durable class?
i have a hard time seeing a chanter take the beating i can, sure chanters have runes and such
which helps but at my level the runes are not that hot, i tank rather well i think, especially when
the mob is slowed, sure mobs at 70 are way tougher but you have way better gear to, but i leave
that since it would be speculations on my part.

I take it this point is for the lvl 70 gameplay not from 1 -> or?
Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:59 am

Zillanex yeah, it's the 65+ gameplay shaman who are most concerned with item #8 survivability.

Until 60th we really own the content and shaman survivability is pretty much top, shaman can tank mobs IN TEH FACE and win.

Between 61-65 (pop) the mob difficulty jumps and we get to the point that their DPS outstrips our heal over time, that tanking a mob is still possible, but harder and you have to use some direct heals as well. Unslowed the mob will kill you in 30 seconds or so. Suddenly shaman change to root-rotting as a method for killing mobs.

The 65+ content is where the burst DPS of mobs is frightening. Nothing is fully slowable, the best slow reduces the mobs attack speed by 50%, generally 30% is more common. Mobs that routinly quad-attack for 1200 - so in a single round you can take 4.8K of damage. The mobs melee rounds are hit 2-3 seconds apart, so they can kill you in 10 seconds from full health. With that kind of damage, and the knovkback from it and the frequent stuns, mobs aggroing on you are often instant death with no chance of survival

With good gear, AA's etc the mob will be miss 1-2 attacks a round, and many will be mitigated to about 1/2 damage - but that's still 1500 damage ever 3 seconds and that adds up fast
Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:04 pm

Zillanex, you're right that if one were to compare Shaman and Enchanter survivability without special items or aa abilities and such, that the shaman would win for his whole career. Both classes have slow, both classes can cast a spell to negate damage on themselves (rune spell vs. healing); neither class avoids attacks better, but shaman are higher ac from chain armor, so they'd do better in the long run. The big difference is in special abilities. Besides the rune spell which is very parallel to healing (ups and downs to both kinds of negating damage), Enchanters at high levels with AA also get an instant-cast Rune AA ability, a near-instant rune clicky on their epic, and special defensive Mind Over Matter and Doppleganger instant cast defensive AA. The Doppleganger ability is especially relevant since it takes attacks off of them for a little bit, allowing them to cast a spell to really save themselves instead of just keep up.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lickity » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:08 pm

The other key is that runes can be cast BEFORE damage is taken, heals can't, and they have instant cast self rune AAs, we can't instantly heal ourselves, other than our AA group HoT.
Lickity

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

PreviousNext

Return to Heyokah's Lodge