[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Newbie Shaman Looking for Equipment Direction

Newbie Shaman Looking for Equipment Direction

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Newbie Shaman Looking for Equipment Direction

Postby Mead » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:25 pm

Greetings,

I recently started a shaman that I eventually plan to use to box with my mage/rogue/anything else I decide to play in the future. He is currently level 25, and I am just looking for a little advice from those that are knowledgeable in the areas of gear. Right now he is just wearing a bunch of stuff that I scavenged off some other toons that I don't play atm, so he is kinda shabby-looking.

I have ~150k stashed in the bank if I decided to go and try and twink him a bunch, but I like to do some farming and leveling instead of just buying everything. However, if there is something critical that I should have, and is available in the bazaar, it is an option. I'd rather keep the plat for runes when he gets to 66+ to supplement those that never seem to drop. :wink:

I have a 70 rogue or 67 mage (from account #1) that I can box with a 66 druid if there is something farmable. I am familiar with the stuff that casters need (Affliction Efficiency, Affliction Haste, ID, Ext. Range, etc), but aside from the druid, I have never wandered into the realm of a WIS caster, much less a shaman, so I am not familiar with the items that may be best for everyone.

I will be searching and researching here, as well as perusing the magelos of those who have them imbedded in sigs, but I thought I would lay a thread out if anyone was kind enough to toss some ideas out there.

All assistance is appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

~Mead
Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby Brohg » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:42 pm

For uberness: Fungi Tunic, till you scribe Torpor or Quiescence

For focus: Obulous Death Shroud

All the rest, hp. Orb of the Infinite Void, Hierophant Cloak, Palladium fingers & ears. Barbed Dragonscale Boots, etc. Ignore wisdom & mana, like they didn't even exist. As you upgrade your gear, those will come naturally. Real shaman choose gear by focus > hp > ac > otherstuff.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sustenon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:01 am

Yeah Palladium rings are cheap as hell for 70 hp per finger. Canni will be your best friend. There is a lot of good equipment out there for a lower level shaman. Most the journeyman/expert level DoN cutural is dirt cheap, because people use it to skill up and have a ton laying around. Way more choices these days. hunt around bazaar for items you like, then look em up on Alla's to see if you can farm them. Good Luck!
Sustenon

Server: Prexus

Postby Brohg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:07 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sustenon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:46 am

Sustenon

Server: Prexus

Postby Kianor » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:04 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Whinny » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:02 pm

Whinny

Postby gurgul » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:39 pm

I would strongly, strongly, strongly suggest you not waste money on equipment at level 25.

If you are barenaked but buffed with temperance and HoS you will be better off than most of us were when we were 25. When I was 25 the gear you are wearing was not even in the game yet and I did fine.

At level 46 to 50 your gear will start to matter a bit. I would save my money till then if I were you.

Just my 2cp.
gurgul

Postby Mead » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:37 pm

Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby skex » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:37 pm

I personally still recommend the Fungi thats a very powerful item 15 regen is really nice even at your level I had my shammy in one until I stuck him into Tae Ew and if I were playing him as I main I probably would have ketp him in it longer. just remember say compared to your current BP with 35hp. the fungi regens 15 per tick so in 2 ticks you'll have regened almost as much HP as that BP gives you in 3 ticks its 45 then 60 then 75 and so on. Its passive and always on you get the same advantage from it whether you are actively casting or medding or canning or what ever as long as you're not at max hp. It means you can go longer with out having to Torpor.

My main is a ranger and I'm very used to going for small incremental increases. EQ in the end is a numbers game and while 1% may not be much you add a 1% increase with 99 more just like it and you doubled your power.

But other than that you'll pretty much wanna save up til your 70s when you can access to the good stuff )

Bristlebane
skex

Return to Equipment & Loot