[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - lvl 64 shm in desperate help for gear idea's

lvl 64 shm in desperate help for gear idea's

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

lvl 64 shm in desperate help for gear idea's

Postby Friski » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:48 am

Friski

Postby Veril » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:17 am

All the Omens tier 1 armour is an upgrade I think. Could farm cash and get Masters instead of experts, that's all good stuff.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sebekiz » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:50 pm

If you can find a good group, I'd start working on some of the DoN armor. You'll be able to earn decent experience, get crystals towards the upgrades, and if you get some of the right missions out of the way you can get the first two tiers completed which adds some nice bonuses. For that matter, you can simply farm cash and buy the crystals in the bazaar. Radiant crystals that can be used for purchases at the good camp are going for around 150pp each on the 7th Hammer the last time I checked. This method isn't cheap though (for example you'd need 340 Radiant Crystals to buy a , so around 50k for that one item.) Overall the upgrades available are very good for you and DoN has some good augments to add focus effects and additional stats that you need.
- *RETIRED* Shaman on the Rathe (formerly on Lanys T'vyl).

Jodun - *INACTIVE* Shaman on The Combine.
Sebekiz

Server: Norrath

Shaman Main

Postby Friski » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:08 pm

I would Like to get ahold of the masters stuff but here on Tunare i am having hard time finding crushed diamond dust
Friski

Postby Relient » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Relient

Server: Stromm

Postby Samanna » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:20 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Cattywumpus » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:32 pm

The Crushed Diamond Dust also drops from almost anything in the tunnels under Icewell Keep. If you hate SG then you can try there. I hear the drop rate is better but I haven't explored IK enough to verify that yet.

I have more trouble finding a kitty smith that can make it. Kitties have no special benefits to smithing so were not a popular choice for tradeskillers. Working my own skill up but smithing isn't easy and it keeps me pretty well broke all the time.
Cattywumpus

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Sebekiz » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:05 pm

Sebekiz

Server: Norrath

Shaman Main

Postby Friski » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:11 pm

Think I am going for the Tier1 Omens armor it has some stuff on it I like
thanks for all the info guys <_<
Friski

Postby Boleslav » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:32 pm

I find the DoN crafted armor to be better than Tier 1 OOW armors when they are auged well. But the OOW stuff has nice effects on it that you would have to add to the DoN stuff via augs.

OOW will get you most of the way faster, but the DoN stuff has the potential to be better.

Boleslav
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Tobyus » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:36 pm

If you haven't already gotten your Dranik Loyalist faction up to warmly, you'd better start killing Ukuns, Kyvs, Nocs, etc. in DS, NC, and Bloodfields to get your faction up for the quests. I've got some pieces for the armor but after probably 50+ hours of factioning I am only apprehensive. About 3 of those hours were from a faction raid in DS and that raid alone didn't even get me one faction level. The rest was either soloing in the 50's and low 60's in DS, going through instances in DS (about 5-10), and spending an hour or so every night for a month or so killing greens in DS.

Maybe I just don't kill quick enough, but I don't think I could maintain the mana it would take to kill any quicker. Currently I am using Focus, Strength of Diaku, SLTW, Spirit of the Leopard on my pet, Malos, Slow, Dotting them twice and moving on to the next.

Just wanted to warn you that the faction work for the OOW tier 1 stuff is just as bad of a time sink (much worse to me) than killing the stuff that drops the quest items. DoN armor would take much less time. You could have a new piece of DoN armor every week if you did one or 2 creator missions every night (and they only take 35 minutes to an hour unless you have a bad puller or tank).

Look at me, I've nearly talked myself out of doing the OOW tier 1 stuff, I'd better shut up.

Edit:
Last edited by Tobyus on Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobyuz
70 Barbarian Shaman
Tobyus

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Jillaani Stormbear » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:33 pm

- 75 shaman
- 75 bard
71 Warrior
Jillaani Stormbear

Server: Povar

Postby Sustenon » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:58 pm

Sustenon