[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 1.0 Guide/Walkthrough?

1.0 Guide/Walkthrough?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

1.0 Guide/Walkthrough?

Postby brell.illitian » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Now that EQshaman is down, it appears as if the best guide for the 1.0 has been lost.

Frankly, the one on Allah's sucks. Everyone always used EQshaman and so Allah's was ignored.

Does anyone have the EQshaman guide saved somewhere or cached? Or is there a good alternative around?

Thanks!
brell.illitian

Server: Cazic-Thule

Postby Macnair » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:56 pm

doesn't have a lot of narrative, but it is a pretty clear outline.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby brell.illitian » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:15 pm

brell.illitian

Postby Tordail » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:08 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby brell.illitian » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 pm

brell.illitian

Postby Samanna » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:32 am

The Shaman Epic Weapon Quest
(Originally created by Belgar)
(Saved for posterity)

# Note: DO NOT perform any of the quest turn-ins while using Form of the Bear or Form of the Great Bear. Being in an illusion may bug the quest NPCs to misread your True Spirit faction and cause the quest trigger to fail.
# Note: The entire quest is faction based. This means that are able to skip the latter parts by doing the first ones over and over again until you max your True Spirit faction. Once you have max faction, you can go straight to Lord Rak'Ashiir and turn in your child's tear. However, this can be very time consuming and is not recommended.
# Note: There is no level restriction for the shaman epic quest. However, you do have to be level 46 to enter the Plane of Fear to get the tear. One can get around this by just having another shaman turn in the tear for them and then looting the scale (keep in mind that only a shaman can turn in the tear). If you are doing this, make sure you have maxed out your True Spirit faction beforehand using the above method.

Part 1 - Beginning the Quest

There are several methods to begin the quest, including:

# Kill Capt Surestout in the Ocean of Tears at location +800, -5400.
# Kill Blinde the Cutpurse in the Rathe Mountains (on cyclops hill).
# Kill Peg Leg in the Butcherblock Mountains at location +260, +1650.
# Kill the Iksar Outcast/Manslayer in the Field of Bones (in the marauder cave.)

While the information here is gleened from Capt Surestout, any of the above will yield the same information and the "tiny gem" needed to continue in the quest.

After killing Surestout (he's level 20), "a lesser spirit" will spawn where he's killed.

Capt Surestout died.
Your faction standing with Pirates of Gunthak got worse.
Your faction standing with Firiona Vie got better.
Capt Surestout says 'You have run me through! Beware the Pirates of Gunthak.. They will avenge me.. Unngh!!
a lesser spirit begins to cast a spell.
a lesser spirit's body pulses with energy.

You say, 'Hail, a lesser spirit'

a lesser spirit says 'Did you take this person's life, shaman?'

You say, 'Yes'

a lesser spirit says 'Why have you taken this person's life? Did he threaten your life? Did you dislike him? Or was his death a profit to you in some way?'

You say, 'He threatened my life'

a lesser spirit says 'I see. It brings me sadness to see another die, but his heart was black and a great nothingness. His body will become the grass now. Thank you for what you have done, shaman.'

You say, 'Who are you?'

a lesser spirit says 'What, or who, I am isn't as important as what, or who, WE are. Do you wish to know more, shaman?'

You say, 'I wish to know more'

a lesser spirit says 'That is good. Take this gem. It is a part of us like the clouds to the sky and is a wonderful gift from the grandfather. Take this gem to where the humans gather to spoil the land and water. Some call it a port. There you will find one of us, a shaman like yourself. Give him the gem and perhaps he will tell you more of the spirits.'

Part 2 - The Drunken Shaman

Head to North Freeport. Go in the sewers in the northwestern part of town. A little ways in on the inside of a colapsed wall is Bondl Felligan.

You say, 'Hail, Bondl Felligan'

Bondl Felligan burps loudly in your face and says, 'Bah! Leave me be, fool! You have nothin' I want and I certainly have nothin' you want.'

Give Bondl the "tiny gem".

Bondl Felligan says 'WOW, thanks! This must be worth a fortune! I could drink for a month after sellin' this to one of them fool merchants. I'm going to see how much I can get for it right now!'
Your faction standing with True Spirit got better.
You gain experience!!

Next, wait for him to move and follow him out of the sewers. There he will stop and speak to you.

Bondl Felligan says 'What!? You don't approve of me buyin' some drinks with this gem? Who the heck are you to offer me a gift and order me what to do with it? Is this some kinda conditional kindness? Well? Are you gonna let me buy some booze with this or not?'

You say, 'You can buy booze.'

Bondl Felligan suddenly becomes completely sober and says, 'Very well, shaman, please come with me.'

Follow him to the Jade Tiger's Den. Head up to the third floor, middle room and go inside. There you'll find a greater spirit waiting.

You say, 'Hail a greater spirit'

a greater spirit says 'Greetings, shaman. Tell me, do you follow [Justice], [War], [Fear], or [Hate]?

If you are a Barbarian, Vah Shir, or Froglok, choose justice. If you are an Ogre, choose war. If you are an Iksar, choose fear. If you are a Troll, choose hate. What follows is the Barbarian response:

You say, 'I follow justice.'

a greater spirit says 'Ah, a follower of the Tribunal from the North you are, then. You would be best served by speaking to my brother in the next room. Farewell.'

Go to the other room as instructed by a greater spirit.

a greater spirit says 'It is good to see you. We're glad you trusted in our brother and did what was asked regardless of Bondl's intentions. This fills us with joy, as the [true spirits] work in ways most people would not understand and [trust] is the first lesson of the [Heyokah].'

You say, 'What trust do you speak of?'

a greater spirit says 'Trust is the glue of the universe. When one trusts others to do their part, it allows them to focus on what they must do themselves. The trust that others have in us also gives us the confidence to do our parts effectively, thus maintaining harmony. When one becomes dissatisfied with his part and pursues his own desires, this is called greed. And greed destroys the glue of the universe. This is why we wished the bandits under the grass.'

You say, 'What true spirits?'

a greater spirit says 'As a shaman, spirits are known to you. They aid you if you pay them homage and respect the world around you. They also will bend to your will if you are powerful enough. We are a part of the entire universe and we exist because people believe and feel us. However [very few] know us in this form. To mortals we are but ideas, [wisps of consciousness] in an expanse of emptiness and as difficult to grasp as breath in Everfrost.'

You say, 'What very few?'

a greater spirit says 'There are only a handful of mortals we've judged worthy to be friends and, reluctantly, masters. We call them the [Heyokah]. Bondl is one of them and he helps to test those we believe might be able to grasp our existence. There are many troubles that threaten us and our home. We seek those with the wisdom, patience, and might to help us ensure the health of the cosmos. Whether you seek balance or personal power, this is important to you.'

You say, 'What wisps of consciousness?'

a greater spirit says 'It is difficult for mortals to grasp what we are for we are not material that can be held or consumed. We are the spirit that drives beings to do what beings do. The wolf lives to run and hunt. When you ask for his aid, his spirit enters your body and you 'become' wolf. The ox is the personification of endurance and when he enters your body, you do not become an ox, you become all that is ox. I myself am the spirit of understanding.'

You say, 'What Heyokah?'

a greater spirit says 'The Heyokah are our mortal counterparts. Some are our friends who seek to help us in whatever goals we deem important. Some seek nothing more than to enslave and command us to do their bidding. We accept this and often make deals with those we realize are powerful enough to accomplish what needs to be done. To judge such individuals, we have prepared a test. We ask that before we enter into these contracts, the shaman walk the [path of the Heyokah]. We see you may be worthy. Will you walk the path? You will be rewarded for your efforts, albeit grudgingly.

The greater spirit should now give you another gem.

WARNING: DO NOT say the following line until you have received the gem. The next line will cause the spirit to immediately disappear but will start the next part of the quest for you.

You say, 'I will walk the path of the Heyokah.'

a greater spirit says 'That is good. You will need to walk three paths before you can reach that of the Heyokah. The paths of patience, wisdom, and might. First, you must learn patience. Take this gem and go on a pilgrimage to an island in the great water the wasichu call Erud's Crossing. The Kerrans there are our allies and can show you to our next contact, Ooglyn. Give Ooglyn the gem and do what she asks. As you walk the path, remember what you've learned about trust.

Part 3 - The Test of Patience

Head to Erud's Crossing. Find Ooglyn, a female ogre shaman, on the island (location -900, +1600). If she isn't up, her spawn time is 2 hours.

Make sure you have Spirit of Wolf, Levitation, and Enduring Breath up and running, as well as a pet. During this encounter you might have to kill sharks, some as high as level 42. Some sharks also see through Invisibility, so make sure you can take these down solo or have enough help along to avoid being killed. 'Hail, Ooglyn'

Ooglyn says 'Ooooh, it you, shaman . Me's been waitin for you cuz our frenz say you comin an need da test. So's I gib you da test. Hmm, now where me put it? Ooglyn been waiting for sign for so long dat me forget where me put test. Keep your eyes out for sign while me look for test. Oh, hey, shaman, they gib you gem? I need dat gem, please, heheh.'

Give her the gem.

Ooglyn says 'Ahhh, tank you, now me can...OH LOOK!! DA SIGN!!!! Oh, sorry you missed it. The sign show you where to wait for da test. Follow me...I like you so I take you there. We goin for a swim, shaman!'
You gain experience!!

Ooglyn begins to cast a spell.
Ooglyn feels much faster.
Ooglyn is surrounded by a brief lupine aura.
Ooglyn's body pulses with energy.

Follow Ooglyn. She will swim past a ruined boat and eventually end up at the bottom of the ocean at location -1600, +4200. If you accidently lose her, just go to the loacation. She might be waiting there for you and she might not. Either way, it doesn't matter. Now, summon a pet if you plan to fight the sharks or cast Invisibility/Invisibility versus Animals if you want to try and avoid them. Note that some killer sharks see through invisibility.

Ooglyn says 'Ok, here is place for you to for waiting. Hab fun shaman!'

During the course of this event many NPC's will spawn, asking you to follow them. Do NOT move from this spot or you will have to start over. You do not actually have to talk to any of the NPC's, you just have to wait. Four minutes later, Srafen the Soaked will appear.

You say, 'Hail, Srafen the Soaked'

Srafen the Soaked says 'Why hello there! Ahh, it's good to see a new face down [here]. So you've come to [wait] with [us] eh? That is splendid! It's been getting very boring lately.'

You say, 'Where is here?'

Srafen the Soaked says 'Oh! Well this is where [we wait]. It's not much for looks but if you're lucky, a pretty fish will swim by. Oh, and once Dillon said he saw one of those fish women, a mermaid, he called it! Although, I'm not so sure of his state of mind, hehehe. He's been waiting here much longer than I.'

You say, 'What do we wait for?'

Srafen the Soaked says 'We've been waiting quite some time, really. I have been here the least amount of time, but that doesn't help keep the boredom away, heheh. What are we waiting for, you ask? HehehHAahahah! What are we waiting for?? Heheheh, what a silly question! It's quite obvious if you take the time to think about it. Heh. Ummm.. I'm really not sure.'

You say, 'What about us?'

Srafen the Soaked says 'Well, there's me, Srafen. I've been down here for, can't quite remember, a number of years, I guess. If my wife saw the condition my clothes are in, she'd whack me, I'm sure, heheh. Although I'd bet she's long since dead, probably. Then there's Dillon. He says he's been here since those people up top in Erud blew that big hole in the ground. Not sure what happened but I guess it was a long time ago. Hmmmm, who [else]?'

You say, 'Who else?'

Srafen the Soaked says 'Ahh, yes, there's also a really old guy I've only seen a couple times, name's Froham. Whew, he is really old, and not much of a talker. Mostly mumbles from time to time. Dillon says he's been here since Erud first took his people across the sea. Not sure who this Erud feller is but Froham isn't in the best of shape, so it must have been a LONG time ago. Froham did mention there's one other guy but we've never seen him. He apparently had something to do with the Combine Empire, no idea what that is though.'

Three minutes after Srafen appears, Dillon the Drowned will appear.

Dillon the Drowned says 'Well met again, Srafen. How goes it?' Srafen the Soaked says 'Hey there, Dillon! Good to see you again, I think.'

You say, 'Hail, Dillon the Drowned'

Dillon the Drowned says 'Hey Srafen, who is this weirdo talking to me? Or is it another one of those funny illusions Froham keeps talking about?'
Srafen the Soaked looks around frantically a moment then laughs and says, 'Ohhh, them! Hehehe! This is a friend of mine come to wait with us. Isn't that exciting, Dillon? And it's not just an illusion, I don't think! Say, are you [an illusion], shaman?'

You say, 'I am not an illusion.'

Srafen the Soaked says 'Awww, well that's too bad. Although illusions and real people don't seem to be much different at times, so, please stay and keep Dillon and me company. We could use it, right Dillon?'
Dillon the Drowned shrugs and says, 'Whatever.'

11 minutes after Dillon the Drowned appears, Srafen will speak.

Srafen the Soaked says 'Hey Dillon, why don't you tell us again about what happened up top? You know, where they blew that big hole into the ground.'
Dillon the Drowned says 'Again? Oh I don't know Srafen, I don't want to [bore] our company, even if it is an illusion.'

You say, 'You won't bore me.'

Dillon the Drowned says 'Well ok, I was sent here a long time ago to wait. When I got here, I couldn't believe all the violence going on. Why would the spirits send me here to wait when all this fighting and commotion was going on, I wondered. There were great battles on the ocean in splendid ships made of pine and shining with [magical enhancements]. While I was waiting below, blasted, bloody body parts were floating down to the bottom of the ocean all around me.'

You say, 'What magical enhancements?'

Dillon the Drowned says 'Yes, their ships were very strange, constructed in very unusual designs and all seemed to shine with a multicolored glow. I heard there was even a ship that could stay completely underwater for long periods of time. It had huge steel spikes protruding from the top of its hull used to 'swim' under enemy ships and puncture their hulls. I always thought that someday all this magic would cause something [disastrous] and eventually, it did.'

You say, 'What was disastrous?'

Dillon the Drowned says 'Well, one time, I was here waiting as usual. The fighting was particularly heavy up top, lots of banging and rumbling around. And suddenly there was a tremendous screech! I had to cover my ears, it was so loud, even down here. It felt like the water itself was being torn asunder; I could imagine what was happening above. After a few seconds of the screeching came a terrible tremor and rumbling. Great cracks opened up around me and water rushed to fill them, almost dragging me down into the gods know what. It calmed down a little while after that and there hasn't been any real fighting ever since. I suspect they're all dead now. For weeks afterwards, the water had a kind of dead taste to it. I became ill during that time.'

3 minutes after Srafen speaks, he will say this and depart:

Srafen the Soaked says 'Okay, well, I've had enough. Yet again, we've waited for nothing. Sometimes I really wonder if the spirits are real after all. Well I for one am going to go find something fun to do - this is obviously a waste of time. Come with me, shaman, it'll be great fun! Fairwell Dillon.'
Dillon the Drowned says 'Hey wait! I'm coming with!'

3 minutes later, Froham the Forgotten appears.

You say, 'Hail, Froham the Forgotten'

Froham the Forgotten looks up at you and mumbles a brief greeting. He appears uncomfortable around others.

You say, 'Who are you?'

Froham the Forgotten glances up at you, fiddling with his bony fingers and mumbles, 'Mmmm me name's Froham..I'm 'ere [waitin].'

You say, 'What are you waiting for?'

Froham the Forgotten says, '...just waitin'..it'll [be ere soon], I s'pose.'

You say, 'What will be here soon?'

Froham the Forgotten obviously has trouble communicating. He shifts uncomfortably and says, 'Well I'm not sure, but it's real important. I been 'ere fer a [long time], a real long time. So I'll keep waitin' til it comes.'

You say, 'How long is a long time?'

Froham the Forgotten says 'Been 'ere since Erud sailed over with his friends. They let me catch a ride on their ship after I told them I needed to come 'ere to wait. He was a nice fella, real smart. Though I'm thinkin' he's dead by now. Maybe [Abe] knows fer sure. Abe's been here longer'n me, even.'

You say, 'Who is Abe?'

Froham the Forgotten says 'Yeah, Abe's an old guy. Well, he's kinda beyond bein' old if ye know what I mean. Not all together either. His mind floats all over like the sea around us. But he's got enough sense to wait here like he's done fer, well, fer dang near ever. If ye see him, and he ain't much fer talkin straight, ask him about [a broken arrow]. Not sure what it means to him but it seems to bring him around.'

Froham will not respond to any more attempts at conversation. 6 minutes after he appears, he will depart and say this:

Froham the Forgotten sighs heavily and says, 'Looks like it's not comin'. You know, Abe told me of a great treasure a ways away from here, guarded by one o' them girls with the fish tails. I always wanted to go but those two jokers, Dillon and the other young one, never had the guts. Why don't ye come with me, shaman? We'll split the treasure fifty-fifty, fair and square.'

5 minutes later, Abe the Abandoned will appear.

You say, 'Hail Abe the Abandoned'

Abe the Abandoned turns his head slowly toward you but his eyes never come into focus. You can't tell if he's looking at you, behind you, or right in front of his own face. Then, suddenly, he shouts at the top of his lungs, 'HOOOOKAAAHEEEEYYYY! I AM [ABE]!'

You say, 'Who are you Abe?'

Abe the Abandoned says 'Nothing is hidden. All is discernible if you only know where to look and you have the right [eyes]. Don't be angry with me if you can't get your eyes right to see what you're looking for. I'd lend you mine but I don't wear the same size.

You say, 'What eyes?'

Abe the Abandoned begins to draw a picture in the mud with his finger although it doesn't seem to make any sense at all. He points to his picture and nods approvingly at you, saying, 'You see? The curtains fell and it was naught but a dream upon a landscape that we thought we knew. The dream of the [Combine] fulfilled when we finally trimmed our fingernails and looked into the mud. And now we are abandoned, in a world that none can see, no one has the eyes.'

You say, 'What is the Combine?'

Abe the Abandoned shakes his head in amusement and says, 'Heheheh, yeah, you'd think so, wouldn't you? But I guess not.'

You say, 'What about a broken arrow?'

Abe the Abandoned 's eyes suddenly come into focus, looking deep into your own and says, 'There was a time when we cared for the world and trod with the spirits along the paths of the cosmos. We built many great things and worked to preserve what was. I came here to wait for an answer when we began to die off. We could not figure why this was and I was chosen to come here and commune with our friends. We carved an arrow, and everyone who was left shaved a sliver of wood from it. We let it drop to hallowed ground and our highest shaman stepped on it, breaking it. I've been waiting here for so long. So, so long, to give it to the spirits, and thank them.'

4 minutes after he appears, Abe will say this:

Abe the Abandoned says 'Shaman? My time will soon be at hand and I fear I will never see our friends again. But the arrow must be given, our holy broken arrow. Shaman, will you bear our obligation and [give them the arrow]? You will know who to give it to when it is time.'

You say, 'I will give them the arrow.'

Abe the Abandoned removes a quiver slung across his shoulder and solemnly hands it to you without a word.

You recieve a broken arrow. 3 minutes later, Abe will depart and say:

Abe the Abandoned suddenly gasps and says, 'I have found it! I know the answer! Come with me and I will tell you. Eyes are everywhere and this knowledege is not for everyone. Finally my centuries of waiting are over hahahaha! Follow me Shaman!'

2 minutes later a greater spirit will spawn.

a greater spirit says 'You have walked the path of patience and you now know what to expect. We are watchers. Our eyes are everywhere and we must be patient and quiet else we may miss what could be harmful. Can you sit still quietly and wait for just the right moment, then open your eyes with a fury and act with all the energy you have cultivated? Timing is everything, and without patience you cannot be sensitive to timing. You have shown your patience here and we believe you are ready to walk the [next path].'

You say, 'What is the next path?'

a greater spirit says 'You know trust and patience. But before we can allow you to act in our name, we must know that when you do decide to act, you will make the right choices. We must ask that you now walk the path of wisdom. You must walk to the great plains and search out one of us. He is a wanderer, and it is his nature to drift with the winds and weather doing what he can to ensure understanding and longevity to all that respect their home. He will not be easy to find, though, and you must remember what you have learned down here to succeed in finding him. When you do, give him this gem and follow his instructions.'

You will receive a "small gem".

(As for the broken arrow, there is no found use for it and the majority of shaman just destroy it.)

Part 4 - The Test of Wisdom

Head to West Karana. Look for "a wandering spirit". It looks exactly like a wisp. It is probably best to get a tracker to help you with this. However, if you don't have one, you can stand at -500, -5300 and the spirit will wander by you. However, this can take up to 30 minutes. Once spotted, run up to him and hail him at close range to get him to stop moving.

You say, 'Hail a wandering spirit'

a wandering spirit stops and flashes brightly for a moment. It seems to be regarding you with interest.

Give the "small gem" to the wandering spirit.

a wandering spirit says 'Oh, it is you, shaman! Good! You must hurry before it's too late. Go now to the Mountains they call Rathe and find them! They need your help quickly! They will know you when they see you and instruct you on how you can help, but you must hurry!'
You gain experience!!

Head to the Rathe Mountains. You'll find Tabien the Goodly (level 32) at location +6300, +1550.

You say, 'Hail Tabien the Goodly'

Tabien the Goodly says 'Oh thank Marr you are here. I was beginning to think I would be abandoned in my time of need. I have a [task] for you to complete in the name of my patron Mithaniel Marr.

You say, 'What task?'

Tabien the Goodly display his shield that must once have been shining and regal but is now scoured in cuts, dents, and chipped paint. He says, 'This shield is known as Marr's Promise. It is a sacred relic that was actually used by one of Mithaniel's angels on the Plane of Valor. Its value to our church is immeasurable and I have been charged with the protection of it. However, a patriarch of the false god, Bertoxxulous, is after my shield and me. He must be stopped! Please, destroy him and bring me proof of his death.'

Next, find Glaron the Wicked (level 32) at location +2900, -1900.

You say, 'Hail Glaron the Wicked'

Glaron the Wicked says 'Are you the one they sent to help our cause? I should have known they would send a green witch doctor to serve Bertoxxulous and myself. Very well, you will have to suffice. I have a [task] you must fulfill if you wish to know the blessing of my god and impress your masters.'

You say, 'What task?'

Glaron the Wicked brandishes a long, wicked-looking bone dagger and there is a horrid, diseased stench as soon as he unsheathes it. He draws another blade, shorter and wider than the first, of blackened bone with a larger than normal hilt, obviously for defense. He says, 'This festering blade is called Woe, and this scorched one is called Envy. They were created on the Plane of Decay by Bertoxxulous' own hands. He has judged me worthy of the protection of such holy relics. However, there is one in these very mountains who seeks to destroy these relics. End this idiot follower of Marr's life and bring me proof.'

Both of these men have lost sight of their true cause and instead spend all their energy trying to spite the other. Kill both and take the three items - Envy, Woe, and Marr's Promise. Give them all to the wandering spirit back in West Karana.

a wandering spirit says 'You are close to passing the test, keep up the good work.
a wandering spirit says 'You are close to passing the test, keep up the good work.
a wandering spirit says 'It is unfortunate that it came to this, but nothing else was to be done. Both paragons had lost sight of their virtures to protect the items given to them. The mere protection of these material belongings was not as important to Mithaniel Marr or Bertoxulous as it was that they act with righteousness in their minds and purpose in their hearts. You saw this and acted accordingly. For that, we will reward you with the three treasures made into one to ward off the falsehood of possession, the [Shield of Falsehood]. You have walked the path and now, as your final test, we must set you along one [last path].'
You gain experience!!

You say, 'What shield of falsehood?'

a wandering spirit says 'Yes, I have taken Marr's Promise along with Woe and Envy and fashioned them together to create the Shield of Falsehood. Wield this in defense of possession and the weakness that comes with hoarding treasure instead of using it to accomplish your goals. May it serve you well.'

You recieve the shield, which is as follows:

Shield of Falsehood
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: SECONDARY
AC: 16
STR: +3 &nbspDEX: -3 &nbspCHA: -5 &nbspWIS: +5
INT: +5 &nbspMANA: +30
WT: 9.7 &nbspSize: GIANT
Class: SHM
Race: BAR TRL OGR IKS VAH FRG

You say, 'What last path?'

a wandering spirit says 'You have trusted us along the paths we have set before you. You have been known to be patient and await the right moment. And now, you have learned the wisdom to act in our best interest. However, one last path awaits, to determine if you have the ability to act out what must be done. There are many troubles about the world we try to rub out but none is more serious than the curse on what the wasichu call the Emerald Jungle. Go there and find one of our spirits. Show them the gem you have been given and follow the path they set you on.

Part 5 - The Test of Might

Head to location +1250, +300 in Emerald Jungle. There you'll find the Sentinel Spirit. Hail him and give him the gem you received from the wandering spirit.

Spirit Sentinel says 'Ahh, you live, shaman! I am glad the beasts of this jungle haven't torn your body asunder. Tell me, do you still walk the path? Are you willing to [continue what you have started]?'

You say, 'I will continue what I have started.'

Spirit Sentinel says 'This brings happiness to our hearts and we are grateful. However, we must ask you to walk one more path before you can become a true Heyokah. With trust, one can focus on what is important. With patience, one can perceive what is harmful. With wisdom, one can know what must be done. These, you have learned, yet without the might to carry out what must be done, all is for naught. Are you [prepared to walk the path of might]?'

You say, 'I am prepared to walk the path of might'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Good, good, Do you know this place, this forest? The wasichu call it the Emerald Jungle, but we know it only as the terrible place. Where there is no spirituality, we are weak. The lost city in the middle of this jungle is a great void of belief not only absent of spirituality, but actually draining it from others. We are here to neutralize that void. The void is like the sky, and nothing escapes its gaze. If it senses us, it will drain us away and sometimes it turns our minds, making us [like the wasichu], crazy for things with no meaning.'

You say, 'How like the wasichu?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Yes, there are some of us who have turned their backs on our world and struggle for possesions and power over others. These lost ones are our brothers and we cry for them. Our hearts are in pain like bleeding wounds when we think of them. The path of might will lead you to one of our lost brothers. We are afraid there is nothing we can do for him now, so you must eliminate him when you [find him].'

You say, 'How do I find him?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'He left us long ago and walked the land for ages. He soon met a man, one of the pointy-ears that live underground. This man was like a void just like the one over that terrible place now. Our Brother-Friend was attracted to this man's desire and ambition. He no doubt thought that he could get what he wanted in service of this [dark point ear] who denied his own creator.'

You say, 'What dark point ear?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'After our brother began traveling with this point-ear, they became shrouded in a darkness we could not peer through. The point-ear was a powerful being and we soon lost their trail. We have no idea where he could be now. Although, after all these centuries, he has no doubt been gathering and cultivating his wealth and power. He must be an incredibly influential being at this point. Find this point-ear and draw our brother out, then destroy him and bring us proof. We await your return in somber mourning.'

For this next encounter, you will need roughly a group of level 60's or two groups of level 50's. Head to Mistmoore. First, you need to kill the Advisor in the library of the castle. Check out the map at EQAtlas - the advisor room is #19. Once he is killed, the Black Dire will spawn in the caynon, #4 on the map. He and his four wolf guardians will not attack you (at least not yet).

You say, 'Hail, Black Dire'

Black Dire says 'So, you've come. I suppose my brothers have sent you to lead me back to their flock. Those fools are so blinded by their devotion they know nothing of life. If they only knew the power I've become, the luxuries I've amassed, the pleasures I've known, they too would leave that sour and unrewarding existence in seconds. You know, you could come to know what I have, shaman. You found me, which speaks of your intelligence; we could use you. What do you say? [Will you join] my master Mayong Mistmoore?'

You say, 'I will not join you.'

Black Dire says 'Good shaman, now bare your neck that I may show our master your devotion in death. The more blood you spill upon the grass, the more impressed our Lord Mistmoore will be. Then maybe, just maybe, you will be allowed to scour our kitchen floors in the eternity of unlife. TEAR him to pieces, my wolves!
Black Dire bites YOU for 200 points of damage.
Black Dire bashes YOU for 60 points of damage.

You do not have to engage in conversation with the Black Dire; you can also just kill him outright. Also, if the wolf guardians consider green to all in the party, you can pull the Black Dire without them aggroing. Once you kill him, loot his pelt and return to the Sentinel Spirit in the Emerald Jungle (at location +1250, +300).

You say, 'Hail, Spirit Sentinel'

Spirit Sentinel begins to weep softly as he sees the pelt, battered and bloody. After a few moments, he says, 'We can only hope his passing was quick and painless. The Dire was powerful and yet you overcame him. Always remember that when you became [Heyokah], it was the passing of a noble, yet misguided being that allowed you to do so. You should hold a special place in your heart for him and what he was in life. To help you remember him, we will fashion this pelt into a pair of boots and give them to you. With every step you take, you must think on the Dire, else his death be in vain forever.'
Your faction standing with TrueSpirit got better.
You gain experience!!

You recieve the boots, which are as follows:

Black Fur Boots
Slot: FEET
AC: 9
STR: +3 &nbspSTA: +3 &nbspWIS: +3 &nbspAGI: +3
SV DISEASE: +3 &nbspSV MAGIC: +5 &nbspSV POISON: +3
Effect: Spirit of Wolf (Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 5.0 &nbspSize: LARGE

You say, 'Am I a Heyokah?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Yes, you have walked the Path of the Heyokah to its end. You have become what few have and we will now call to you as Heyokah. From now on, you are a direct link between the spirits and man. Whether your goals are to help us or master us, you are welcomed. Though there is little time for celebration. Do you feel the darkness of this place, the forest? To eyes not trained to see beyond physical appearances, it seems like any other forest. But you know, as do we, of the mantle over the city threatening all of us. We must [rub it out].'

You say, 'How can we rub it out?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'There are many such mantles scarring the universe and each is very different from the last. Removing them requires that we learn how they were created and go about reversing the damage done. We cannot enter under the mantle for long which is why we search out Heyokah such as yourself. We need you to enter the city and find out what you can about the [city's demise]. We hope you will do this for the cause of balance but if you desire none but your own power, we shall grant that as well.'

You say, 'What about the city's demise?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'It was known as Torsis. During its history it amassed great wealth and power yet it eventually crumbled. No one understands what happened. The men of the world ask themselves ow a nation as successful as Torsis could ever fall. Some blame plague, internal unrest, the constant encroachment of the forest, and marauding bands of monsters but we alone know what happened. Just as Tabien and Glaron lost sight of their spiritual paths, so did Torsis. Without the awe and inspiration of that which was greater than themselves, they eventually withered away. The mantle was born long before the last days, though, and what we need to learn is [how it all began].'

You say, 'I will find how it all began.'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Excellent! Go into the city and gather what evidence you can. The ghosts who still walk the streets may hoard precious memories that will aid us. Take this booklet and combine what you find in it. Then bring me the completed report. From there, we will know where to look next.

You recieve a booklet which is a 6 slot container.

Part 6 - The City of Mist Reports

You must now acquire the following six reports from the City of Mist. Five of the six messages drop from skeletons, golems, and goos at the zone in, but the Student's Log is only found on a Spectral Courier (level 34). The Courier is a rare spawn in the western half of the stables. Check out this from EQ Atlas. The courier spawn is #6. It's best to just clear the stables over and over again until you get all the pages.

1) Personal Diary Page, identifies as "Report Information 1 of 6" in Lizardman.

I heard last night that there was some kind of commontion at the castle. Guards were shouting, spells went off throughout the halls and many died. Some say there was an assassination, some say a band of frogloks attacked under the command of a dragon, some even say there was some divine intervention. I have no idea why any god would strike against Lord Rak`Ashirr. He is a paragon for the cause of Cazic-Thule. I hope whatever it was sticks to attacking the castle and not my shop though.

2) Crier's Scroll, identifies as "Report Information 2 of 6" in Lizardman.

Hear of all Torsis! Our beloved Lord Rak`Ashiir will be appointing another High Priest into the Cazic-Thule clergy in two days. A festival will be held in honor of the event and the High Scale will be present to judge various contests of skill in arms. Booths will be set up selling various wares and food to all. Cazic guide us all.

3) Merchant's Letter, identifies as "Report Information 3 of 6" in Lizardman.

The list should all be in order except for the swatches of silk. I won't need such a large order in this quarter. Her Divinity Drian made it known to me that they would not need as many new robes this coming season as "none were quite ready to don them." My colleagues have all been confirming that the church is buying less and less these days. It seems Rak`Ashiir has decided the royal donation to be cut. However I'm sure we'll find new customers soon and our orders will be back to normal shortly.

4) Written Annoucement, identifies as "Report Information 4 of 6" in Lizardmen

Hear all Tosis! It is with great regret that we inform you of our Queen Neh`Ashiir's disappearance. Our best scouts have begun searching the surrounding countries for her trail. The Lord Rak`Ashiir also authorized the hire of mercenaries to venture into the Froglok Territories to search for traces of the Queen. All interested parties should report to the royal Quartermaster's office. Fear not citizens, our Queen will be found. Wisdom guide us.

5) Priest's Diary Page, identifies as "Report Information 5 of 6" in Lizardman.

Well it appears our Lord Rak`Ashiir in his "wisdom" has cut our church's donation yet again. He claims it is to bolster the ranks of our garrison as many were wipe out during the Froglok incursions. However, I see more and more soldiers everyday, more that I ever have. And they are all equipped in the best armors the city's smiths can craft. This along with the recent replacement of our Bishop Screks with that coin grubber Biliaz leads me to suspect our King is planning on all but destroying our church entirely. I don't understand it, perhaps his missing Queen has driven him mad.

6) Student's Log, identifies as "Report Information 6 of 6" in Lizardman.

Missed mass again today. This is the third time this week now. It is a worthy sacrifice however as I was able to attend the Master's National Coin exchange class. Perhaps the clergy will change the time of their masses, then I'll be able to attend regulary. Although with the appointment of the new Arch Priest it appears mass may be discontinued altogether. I honestly hope so. I could attend many more classes as well as spend more time rubbing elbows with merchants at the bazaars. I think I'll have to miss tomorrow's mass as well. I heard the Laughing Leech Guild is taking members again.

Combine the 6 pages in the booklet and return the finished product back to the Sentinel Spirit (location +1250, +300).

Spirit Sentinel says 'Ahhh good, let us hope what you have found will point us in the right direction. Hmmm...this is interesting. It appears the disappearance of the first queen may have caused Rak'Ashiir's faith to decline. From there, the first King Rak laid down the groundwork for the city's eventual demise. We need to learn what happened to the queen. Perhaps bringing this knowledge to the King's now cursed form will lift the mantle. We've learned that the last lord of Torsis, Ghiosk, was a bit of a historian. Find him and see what you can learn about the queen. Take what you find to my brother here In the jungle beneath the murky waters of a pond.
You gain experience!

Part 7 - The Three Books of Lord Ghiosk

You must now kill Lord Ghiosk in the City of Mist. You will need about 3 groups of level 55 or equivalent. Check out this map from EQ Atlas. Lord Ghiosk is at #1. To get into the castle, you will need a rogue to picklock the door open. Ghiosk drops three books, all in the language of Lizardman.

Book 1

Neh Ashiir's disappearance will always be cloaked in mystery. We of Torsis have a saying that goes "Neh's chances". We all know this is used to define an innumerable variable but not many know of its relation to the event in the early years of our fair city. For as many people as there were in Torsis there were that many theories regarding Neh Ashiir's disappearance. Others say there were political tensions between the queen and her lord, so much so that she had to leave to escape death. And for good measure a few pointed to the stars and said that people from beyond the sky took her. One thing all agreed upon however is that the relationship between the royal couple was decaying. Political scrutinizers noted small personal habits between the two that implied a separation of intimacy during their public appearances. Many even tie the highly publicized Crusade of Kirn into the disappearance of Neh as Kirn left the city only a few weeks before. It is recorded in many texts that the visage of Rak' Ashiir reflected his despair over his wife's vanishing although it is a well known fact that it was mostly an act played by the King to keep up his illusion of nobility. Perhaps one day we will find the truth but at this point it would mean little to the public.

Book 2 - Keeper of the House's Log

1. New wash basins must be acquired. Servent Hujin will see the Quartermaster and place the order tomorrow.
2. The chandelier in the main hall was finally repaired tonight. Payment must be sent to the contract holder tomorrow.
3. Advisor Snith ordered that I personally find and acquire 3 dozen finely made vials. What they are for he would not explain and was very firm that I do this as quickly as possible. Best to make haste to fulfill the order, rumours abound of the Advisor's mastery of the arcane.
4. We've been low on candles for the last week. There is no explanation for the shortage of wax. Perhaps I should send a Palace Reaver escort with the next pick up crew. The craftsman may have the intelligence to figure the symbolism.
5. It is imperative that we return the High Scale's Icon to the church as discretely as possible. If Rak Ashiir returns from his journey early and discovers it was found in the royal bedroom it may prove disastrous. I cannot decide whether to place it ourselves with the help of our Black Guard, or to approach one of our contacts in the church. The less people that know of this the better. It might be prudent to ..remove.. the servant who found it within the sheets.

Book 3

Throughout the history of the High Scale it was common for the knights to practice complete celibacy. It wasn't until the controversial Kirn was given the hallowed title that contact between the sexes became tolerated. While Kirn wasn't the mightiest of the High Scales he was able to achieve many great victories in the name of our Lord of Fear. One being the battle known as the Bone Rending when Kirn lost his fabled whip, Thriaxis' Tail, as was still able to defeat scores of his enemies using his hands only. Before this battle many believed Kirn could not fulfil his duties as a leader and patriot for the people. However Kirn's might and his lecture on the use of females in religious crusade and duty convinced the public that celibacy had its place in divinity but non-celibacy also had a place and value within the church. A shrine depicting Kirn among many women was constructed in remembrance of his controversial reign although his corpse was never brought back for burial as it was lost far across the ocean among distant brothers on faith.

Give the three books to an a "Spirit Sentinel" at the bottom of a pond in the Emerald Jungle, locacated at +3685, -640.

Spirit Sentinel says 'Hmmm, it appears the queen's disappearance wasn't as random as we thought. It also looks as if this High Scale were having some sort of affair with Neh. We have little but speculation at this point, so making it known to Nak'Ashiir would do nothing. Perhaps finding the resting place of the High Scale will show us more of what really happened. We suspect the icon mentioned in this log could now be located in the city's old temple. Find the icon and bring it to Kirn, wherever he is. Tell us what you learn afterwards.

Obtaining the High Scale Icon

Go into City of Mist.
Go across the bridge.
Open the gate.
Turn right.
Go straight forward through 2 arches.

In the last room you will find a temple with a waterfall running down its side.
Stay in that courtyard of temple, and pull skeletons, etc., from the first door you
see at the base of the temple.

Open the door. Inside is another door directly in front of you, do not open this
door, it leads to top of temple. Look instead to the right, where three skeletons
spawn. Pull these skeletons to courtyard and kill them.

Go back into door, head right and ye will see a room set below ground level with
three phantoms in it, standing on a raised dais. Pull and kill these phantoms.
There are two doors beside the dais, one opening to the left and one opening to the
right. Choose the left door. Inside is a small room with no monsters inside, and a
small bag on the floor in the left corner. Click on the bag, you now have the High
Scale Icon. Gate out.

Using Invisibility to Undead potion (Unlife Awareness) will get you past the last
three skeletons and phantoms. They will still scowl at you, ready to attack, but it is
a bluff. They will NOT be able to see you.

Be warned, however, as the golems of the area can see through Invisibility to
Undead, and you may run across a couple on the way to the temple area.
There were no rogue-locked doors between the zone and the High Scale icon.

Part 9 - High Scale Kirn

For the next encounter you will need about 3 groups of level 60's. Proceed to The Hole, near Paineel. High Scale Kirn is located in the tower beyond the city. Check out this map from EQ Atlas. Kirn is #3. You might also want to try the maps at EQ Maps. Kirn's respawn time is four hours.

As far as getting to Kirn, it should take about 2 to 4 hours. 11 mobs after the zone in, there is a dropoff you must jump down to progress. Once you jump off, you can not get back up.

Work your way through the city; the exit is a long winding tunnel. Eventually you will come to an open area with the tower off in the distance. The open area has 2 spawns - a rock golem and elemental. Kill those, move up. You have 6 minutes. The open area faces the tower and dips down, flattening in the bottom before rising again towards the tower. In this area before the tower you will come across a few roamers: a rat and several rock golems/elementals.

Your destination is ahead. Work your way to the base of the tower. In front of the castle are two spawns - revenant/wanderers. Now you have a choice.

1) Invisibility versus Undead - The Keeper of the Tomb in the left hand courtyard of the revenant tower will eat 2-3 groups alive if you aggro him. The good news is that Invisibility versus Undead works in the tower (even though some of the revenants will scowl at you, they will not attack). Go through the gate, run through the middle main doors of the tower and to the back where a single door opens to stairs leading upward. Follow this up a couple flights to Kirn himself, then drop invisibility in his room. The disadvantage to this method is that it can be messy if a couple of raid memebers have invisibility drop on them and die. Make SURE everybody knows before hand to let people die if they get attacked - just drag the corpses up and rez them once you are situated.

2) Kill your way through (be wary of the Keeper). Pull to the flat to prevent continuously fighting the 6 minute respawns at the top. This may be tough as you attract all of the roamers from the Master Yael tunnel. If you have been tearing through the mobs previously, it should be no problem progressing and moving up the tower. However, if you are not killing very fast you should probably not pull the inside of the tower for one or two rotations. Split up the spawn from this area first. Next, wait until the two revenants at the doorway spawn and then kill them. You then have 6 minutes to kill around 3 revenants in the first room of the tower. The trick here is to move inside. Do not try to pull a great portion of the tower to the outside; the respawn rate and number of mobs is likely to be too high. Work your way up to Kirn.

Once you get to High Scale Kirn, kill the three revanants in his aggro range. Since Kirn is indifferent you should not be using area effect spells of any kind. Give Kirn the icon.

High Scale Kirn looks down at the icon in his hands for a long moment before speaking. 'Why did you bring me this? Are you here to accuse me of the queen's death?' High Scale Kirn chuckles venomously and continues, 'I am High Scale and beyond your petty laws. However, I wish the truth to be known. On my hand is a ring. If you can take it from me, show it to the queen and she will remember. However, I will not give up the ring easily. Defend yourself!'
You gain party experience!!

Kirn is initially non-KoS, but will attack you the instant you hand him the Icon, so the above conversation will fly by. Kill him. He drops:

Engraved Ring
CHA: +5
WT: 0.2
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

The ring identifies as "Promise Ring of Neh`Ashiir".

(Thanks to Valantor and Forthyr for providing some information on this encounter.)

Part 10 - The Final Steps

Return to the City of Mist and give the ring to Neh'Ashiir. To get to Neh'Ashiir, travel up to the final platform. Check out this map from EQ Atlas. Pull the Black Reaver, which is 100% magic immune. After Black Reavers are killed, there is a chance that another will spawn directly afterwards on the spot. In this way, up to 50 or more reavers can spawn in a row, although high numbers like this are very rare. After the all Black Reavers are done, Neh`Ashiir will spawn. She is non-KoS, but will attack immediately after you give her the ring, so the following conversation will fly by.

Neh`Ashiir says 'Nothing is left to hide now. You shall have the truth. But truth is not won easily and if you cannot defeat me, you have not the ability to see that vengeance is served. Brace yourself!
You gain party experience!!

She drops her diary:

..another bazaar.. I was asked to judge..wrestling contest. It must have been the ten thousandth one this week. Oh how I grow weary of...political monotony. The earlier days were much..exciting, crusades against..unworthy and smashing our opposition. Kirn's life must be epic indeed. He.. at me again during.. match. Hmmmm.

Give the diary to the Spirit Sentinel under the pond in the Emerald Jungle (at location +3685, -640).

Spirit Sentinel says 'So, the truth is found! Rak mourned over the loss of his child instead of relishing the blessing of his god, Cazic-Thule. His wife and the High Scale then abandoned him in disgust, but even that was an aftereffect of what caused the king to turn his back on his faith. The child is the key! If we put the child to rest, Rak may repent of what he has done and the mantle may be lifted. The most difficult task is now at hand. Find the child, then take proof of her passing to Rak. I can feel the mantle's foundation crumbling! Now, go!
You gain experience!!

Proceed to the Plane of Fear with a raid force and slay either Dread, Fright, or Terror (the three personal guards of Cazic Thule). After you kill one of them, an "Iksar Broodling" will spawn by the corpse. He is only level one and is not KoS. Kill him an loot the tear. If your guild is not powerful enough to raid the Plane of Fear, try to tag along with another raid. Ask beforehand if anybody will be needing the tear; if nobody does you are in luck.

Return to City of Mist and give the Tear to Lord Rak'Ashiir. Rak'Ashiir can be found at the end of any Black Reaver "cycle", as explained above with Neh'Ashiir. This means he can be found at any place where Black Reavers spawn. When people are killing Reavers, they often leave without killing Rak'Ashiir (as they have no reason to and he is rather nasty). Check around with a tracker and you might find him without having to kill Reavers. Lord Rak'Ashiir is non-KoS, but will attack you immediately after you give him the Child's Tear.

This is the final encounter of your epic quest. You will need a group or more of people able to defeat a reaver spawn to get to Rak'Ashiir in the first place. However, if Rak'Ashiir is already up you you can do this encounter with as little as 4 other people - one rogue to open the castle door, one magician, and two clerics, levels 60-65. However, the more people, the better. Lord Rak'Ashiir casts a 2000 HP area affect spell which can be very mean. The recommended stragegy is to use one or more magician level 49 fire pets. The reason to use the level 49 fire pet and not higher level pets is because this pet has a very high innate fire resistance and will not be effected by the area effect spell.

# Buff the fire pet(s) up with a full set of buffs.
# Park the pet(s) around Rak'Ashiir.
# Make sure everyone is hidden behind walls or far enough away so they are not effected by the area effect spell.
# Hand in your tear. There is a good chance of you dying. Heal yourself and try to let the fire pets taunt Rak'Ashiir.

It is best for the rogue and other melee (if any) to stay with the casters until late in the fight. Sometimes you might get adds and the melee's can take care of the problem without interupting the clerics. Let melee engage more so towards the end of the fight, so if they die to the area effect spell it wont be so devastating.

Once Rak'Ashiir is dead, loot the "Iksar Scale". Head to the Spirit Sentinel under the pond in the Emerald Jungle (at location +3685, -640).

Spirit Sentinel says 'What is this? The scale of Rak'Ashiir's father? Then Rak has repented his mistake? But why is the mantle still in place? If Rak has repented, then the mantle should have dissolved since he was the one who initiated its construction. But is its initiation the key? How could we have been so blind? Kirn said Rak'Ashiir had the blood of his people on his hands but that is false. Rak merely pointed to a path that would lead them to destruction. It was the people who chose to follow.'

You say, 'What is lost?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The mantle was the product of thousands of faithless individuals. Not the single shroud we believed existed. Torsis is now truly cursed for all eternity as a great stain upon the universe. Today is a sad day, indeed. However, some good can still come of this. Your sacrifice and spiritual devotion in this matter have become legendary. You have waited for us at the bottom of the ocean. You have rubbed out a mighty rogue spirit. You have endured the black hole of Torsis and entered the a bode of Fear itself to save a child from eternal suffering. It is only fitting that we reward you with our greatest treasure, the [Spear of Fate].'

You say, 'What is the Spear of Fate?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The spear was constructed millennia ago by Thalger, the first human Heyokah. One of the most destructive wasichu of Norrath, Miragul, as he is known, had been traveling the world searching out all known magic. Wherever he went, he discovered and experimented with all forms of dangerous magic. Most of the world cannot even fathom what the Arch Necromancer was capable of. He had haphazardly discovered a way to directly create a mantle of negative spiritual energy similar to what curses Torsis. He himself had willed into existence one of these [black holes].'

You say, 'What of these Black Holes?

Spirit Sentinel says 'Miragul often retreated to the frigid northlands to experiment in solitude. It was here that he created a black hole. Unfortunately for the small tribes of men who made the northlands their home, this new black hole threatened not only their livelihood but their entire existence. The mantle was so powerful it not only drained the spiritual energy of everything within its gaze, it also drained the life force as well. The tribes were threatened with complete annihilation. But one [powerful shaman] stepped forward and struck against Miragul's mantle.'

You say, 'What powerful shaman?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Thalger had been the first to pass our tests and the timing was lucky indeed. We supplied him with materials needed to construct a weapon that could pierce the very fabric of the [cosmos]. First, was the sharpened shoulder blade of an ancient lion matriarch. Then Thalger found a young sapling for the shaft and shaped it over the course of 45 days using nothing but his fingernails. He then split the top of the flexible shaft, lodged the blade into place and bound them together with the tanned entrails of an ox. Finally, he adorned the spear with the magical feathers of a an aviak elder.'

You say, 'What of the cosmos?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'Miragul's casting was strong but it was a force brought into existence. This force was positive in nature, the opposite of nothingness. Even though it worked like a void, it was still created by an imposition of will. We figured that if we could rupture the planar boundary and create enough anti-existence or non-matter, the mantle might destroy itself. Thalger volunteered immediately to pierce the mantle as no spirits could even get close to it. In one act of devotion and singular purpose, Thalger rode the wind far above the land and with one colossal arch ripped a [breach] across the planes.'

You say, 'What of the breach?'

Spirit Sentinel says 'The tear in the fabric of existence created enough negative material to cancel out Miragul's abomination. Thalger's strike was so perfect that he cut just enough planar material to destroy the mantle and nothing else. Unfortunately, Thalger himself was lost in the process. All that was left was the spear that fell from the heavens to the ground where we recovered it. We have kept it since then and now we wish you to have it. When you strike with it, you must have the same singularity of purpose as did Thalger when he defeated Miragul's mantle. Thank you, Heyokah.

You recieve the Spear of Fate:

Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing &nbspAtk Delay: 30
DMG: 20
STR: +10 &nbspDEX: +10 &nbspSTA: +10 &nbspWIS: +20
HP: +30 &nbspMANA: +70 &nbspSV FIRE: +10 &nbspSV DISEASE: +10
SV COLD: +10 &nbspSV MAGIC: +10 &nbspSV POISON: +10
Effect: Curse of the Spirits (Must Equip. Casting Time 9.0)

Curse of the Spirits is a magic based damage over time spell that starts off weak, but gradually increases in damage towards the end of the spell's duration. This is why it draws little or no aggro when you cast it. It does a total of about 1200 HP over a course of 1.4 minutes.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am

Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:42 am

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Vigdis » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:34 am

Vigdis

Server: Formerly Vallon Zek, now known as Vigdisdottir on Antonius

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:47 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Urguralk » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Urguralk

Server: Test Server

Postby brell.illitian » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:23 pm

brell.illitian

Postby Jodic » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:41 pm

Jodic

Postby Macnair » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

New hint? or just a sick sense of humor?

Postby Vasei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: 1.0 Guide/Walkthrough?

Postby Kiru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:43 pm

The "[give them the arrow]" text has been live for at least 4 years.
Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Text here is a reprint of the old stuff; I'll update it, thanks.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Just goes to show how long I've been out of it. Doesn't seem like it's been 4 years since I did it the first time. :shock:
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Earwaen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:22 am

Thank you Samanara!
I am struggling my way through the 1.0 now. Am running my 85 Ranger with my 60 Shammy. The quest freaked on me, at the second hailing of a wandering spirit where the shiled, envy and woe were handed in. The Wandering Spirit de spawned, and all I got was the gem, and didnt get to finish the dialogue. Well, when I got to the Emerald Jungle, I was told to prove my devotion.
I petitioned, because I knew I followed everything, save the missing dialogue. A GM met me and said that was this issue. He gave me another gem, the shield that was to have dropped. I went back, tried again and it worked!
Earwaen

Server: Luclin

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot