[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - HELP!!! MY gear blows and I am poor! What to get/Solo for?

HELP!!! MY gear blows and I am poor! What to get/Solo for?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

HELP!!! MY gear blows and I am poor! What to get/Solo for?

Postby Loudan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Loudan

Server: Povar

Postby Samanna » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Sebekiz » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:58 pm

If you really want to solo, Farm cash (Hill Giants used to be decent, but I heard they were removed from the Rathe Mountains?) and then shop around in the bazaar. You can get some decent upgrades for fairly cheap.

Get some Hit rings with good Hit points on them. I recently saw some in the bazaar for around 100 or 150pp each that were better than the old 5 AC 65 HP rings I used to use.
- *RETIRED* Shaman on the Rathe (formerly on Lanys T'vyl).

Jodun - *INACTIVE* Shaman on The Combine.
Sebekiz

Server: Norrath

Shaman Main

Postby Shiuna » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:48 am

I have pretty much soloed my whole shaman career, and there's not much you can solo at your level that drops decent gear. Go to the bazaar and search class=shaman, stat=hit points, max price=200 and sort by hit points. This morning I found all these for 100p each, which are upgrades for you:

If you're going to solo, you need hit points, hit points, and, oh, yeah, hit points.

You can exp in Gulf of Gunthak and Dulaks Harbor to start working on your stoicism spell, and its a decent place to farm plat. Once you accumulate a few thousand plat you can start being more selective. Start looking for gear with focus effects, like this: . This was selling for 500p this morning.

Once you get in your mid-to-high 50's you can go to Draniks Scar and farm yard trash for faction, plat, damaged magnetized armor, and aug stones. The armor and stones are good sellers in bazaar.

By the time you get your faction with the OOW quest givers to warmly, you should be in your mid 60's and can move to Harbingers Spire, where you can solo the quest for the .

Bazaar is your best bet for equipment until you can do the OOW armor quests.

If you like tradeskills, you might consider the coldain shawl quests, imo one of the best quests and story line in the game, and the final shawl is nothing to sneeze at: .

You should also make a list of focus effects that you need, and keep your eye open for deals on those.

Good luck.

p.s. If you're dead-set on soloing, be sure to get the vp3 aa, and the for the clicky root.
Shiuna
Barbarian Shaman of 80 seasons (but looks 10 seasons younger)
"Sometimes, when I cast Cazic Touch II on npcs, I crit for 1.25 Million." - Nodyin (EQ dev)
Shiuna

Server: Tunare

Postby XeroOmega » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:19 pm

Guardians of the Keep
Drinal
XeroOmega

Server: Drinal

Shaman Main

Return to Equipment & Loot