[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Defiant Armors & Weapons

New Defiant Armors & Weapons

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

New Defiant Armors & Weapons

Postby Technics » Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 pm

The devs seemed to kind of stealth them into the game without much word. My friend told me that they seem to drop in hot zones only, but when we were clearing NTOV to gear up our alts, I had an Intricate Defiant Leather Glove drop. Does anyone happen to know a lot about this new gear to properly explain how to suit up an alt in it? Does it drop anywhere but only from certain leveled mobs? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check the bazaar on your server and search Defiant to (hopefully) see a list of the new armor and weapons.

So far I've noticed:
Flawed Defiant - Required 37, Recommended 50 has mostly lvl 60 foci with type 7 and 13 slots
Intricate Defiant - Required 47, Recommended 60 has mostly lvl 70 foci with type 7 and 13 slots
Elaborate Defiant - Required 59, Recommended 70 has mostly lvl 75 foci with type 7 and 13 slots

Any help in supplying me with knowledge to try to gear out my alt would be great! Thanks!
Technics

Shaman Main

Re: New Defiant Armors & Weapons

Postby Tordail » Fri May 30, 2008 6:23 pm

From what I have heard, the new Defiant armor and weapons drop in any zone. Armor and weapons of various levels will only drop from level-appropriate mobs. There is more information . That thread also contains a link to a thread on the EQLive forums, which might contain additional information.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Khauruk » Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Was put in game accidentally, but won't be removed. They're for the summer promo big event or something.

Nerfed already to what they should've been. Sadly, no improved weapon ratios :(.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sat May 31, 2008 7:14 am

The emergency patch on 30 May was supposed to reduce some of the stats (mod2s) on the new Defiant armors (especially the BP's). Not sure yet on what the results of that has been, but the armor was looking quite attractive to my tank alt.

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Shlath » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 am

I've noticed that certain armor types (chain, plate, et) appear to be dropping in certain zones. For example I've gotten some nice chain drops in DE and low to mid lvl drops of plate in Overthere. Can anyone confirm this and if so, more info as to what types drop where?
Shlath

Cleric Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am

Last edited by Unmei on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Funi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:29 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Return to Equipment & Loot