[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gear Check

Gear Check

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Gear Check

Postby JemiS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:27 pm

Ok, I'm at the point where some of my gear can likely be swapped out for Cryst gear, but I'm not sure which pieces are best to go after.

Mostly, I'm worried about the new "mod 3's" like heal amount and spell damage.

I box with my ranger (3k/19k unbuffed), and have a group that can easily take out squires. Complicating the matter is the fact that I'm on FV. Most gear up to TSS level is available within my price range, Solteris+ gear is not normally available.

Since I box, I mainly heal and rarely have the time or mana to DoT, as I usually don't kite with the ranger and prefer to chain kill, saving mana for spam heals when I get adds.

JemiS

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Gear Check

Postby Unmei » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:34 am

New Mod3s are pretty bad. The amount of them needed to make a significant impact is really very large. (Each point of +healing gives a shaman about 0.85 additional points of healing on their basic heal, for example.). Plus, the SoF scattershot approach to item stats means that most items are functionally identical in this area anyway.

Add in the fact that, in crystallos, there's never more than 3, and often no more than -one- choice for any given slot anyway, and your gear decisions should be relatively easy.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Equipment & Loot