[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Fabled 'must have' items for shaman?

Fabled 'must have' items for shaman?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Fabled 'must have' items for shaman?

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Anything in the Fables that is keeping you guys awake at night, long camping something that willl make a difference?

Typically by this time, I have already burnt out on EQ and am dormant on all my accounts. This expac though I seem to be going strong. (see other threads for my belief on why. ).

So, I have zero fabled items on my shaman. Actually, make that zero on shaman,monk,paladin,druid,mage and my up and coming SK. (just listing the alts that are, or will be, in current grouping content)

Over on the EGN board I see a lot of chatter and excitement on a few items.

Are there any shaman or priest specific Fabled items that would be worth the effort (even just for bragging rights)?

What Fabled items are in your clicky or 'stuff I keep on me that I might use' bag? :)
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Fabled 'must have' items for shaman?

Postby Zama » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:47 pm

unless theres a fabled TA, cant really see anything thats really a must have. fabled shadowstep boots that are clicky from inventory are pretty nice though, great for dueling.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby Sowslow » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Yea the fabled boots of shadow walking are pretty cool and not a hard camp.
The tash stick is ok, not a must have though - fabled journeyman's walking stick.
I don't have, but always wondered if it did anything, Fabled Aegis of Judgment or Fabled Scepter of Calekor.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:51 pm

The Fabled Journeyman's Walking stick is not a hard camp to do, and it is something kind of nice to have in your bags. Also, from basically the same camp is the Fabled Jaundiced Bone Bracer, which is a fun clickie nuke.

I solo'd both of these on my rogue back during the fabled time, and have them both.

There are a few items I am looking at, and I am hoping to maybe do some time raids for some of the fabled clickies and things that will be up there....
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:46 am

I checked the Fabled Sharkspine Club on Lucy. Its really a new weapon created for this fabled session. Agree Retron, worse than bazaared weapons.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby harlybear » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 am

Really disappointed so far with the fabled stuff. Avatar quests can be done in basically one night( except the bristlebane pita one). We get nothing in the form of new drops ( pet weapons and the like) and the content is the same as last year, with us haviung better gear and higher levels the challenge ( if you ever could call it that) is silly. Where is the thought and care that veteran players like myself deserve when planning this stuff? 10 year anniversary? is that not supposed to be special? Maybee I missed something?

Anyways, enjoy the fabled while its up, Think Im gunna take up bottle cap collecting as it may just be more of a challenge than anything EQ can come up with right now.
harlybear

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 am

Gotta agree with you on that Harly. I was quite surprised to hear the rumor mill reason that 'the scripting was too hard' as a reason for no Fabled GOD/OOW... and the 10th anniversary doesn't seem to have any 'zing' to it.

They're either understaffed or just out of ideas, or both.

I'm still haveing fun, but I do have to recognize that I am in a bit of WOW type behavior right now. I am buliding a SK which I intend to use as a tank, and anticipate having him fully capable within a month MAX... That just doesn't seem like the EQ that I know. Even if you said to me that this is nothing new, it is NEW for a player of my casual level.

For the hard core however, it seems that maybe this expac was not a years worth of content, and with no fabled to fill the void...

How's the raiding scene for your guild? Have you finished the expac already? (sort of a thread hijack, but I talked to the OP and he was ok with it)
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby harlybear » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:39 am

SOD is on FArm for my guild, has been for weeks. to answer your question Big Cat. was hoping for fabled events to fill some voids ( no pun intended). Good luck with the Sk, Shaman Sk make grat duo combo
harlybear

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 am

The real reason is that nobody wanted to do Fabled GoD. :P
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Drazeena » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 am

Can you smell the fear? Can you taste the fear? Can you feel the fear? If no, fear not for you soon will!!!!!
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 pm

I think casters in general got the shaft for fabled this year as far as new perks. As easy and nice as the pet weapons are on the group level, there should have been some class specific drops for priest and casters alike. Not saying anything spectacular, but if fair is fair and class specific stuff for 2 of 4 class-sets is kind of sad.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Enchanters get a Fabled Clicky that casts a level 1 spell. How awesome is that? Oh, not very, right.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby harlybear » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:51 pm

But your focus makes it act like a level 1.00000090987890 level spell
harlybear

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot