2H Piercing question... and a claimed ornamentation.

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

2H Piercing question... and a claimed ornamentation.

Postby Mojarda » Mon May 04, 2009 12:58 pm

A little background...

About 3 months ago and for the first time in a year I actually checked LoN and found I had 20 packs to open. I opened them and received a 2h Piercing Ornamentation. The ornamentation also grants a DD proc on the item. I have a 80 Sk on another account that I was planning to transfer to my main account this spring, so I was planning on giving him the ornamentation.

Fast forward to this weekend, I checked LoN again and found a few more packs. I opened them and got 5x Gate Potions. I decided to claim them on Mobrak, my ranger. The claim failed as I didn't have a primary item slot open. I dropped an empty bag on the ground real quick and hit "claim" again. Much to my dismay, the selected item in the claim window had re-set to the top item... the 2h piercer ornamentation was now claimed by my ranger!!

I sent a petition to SoE, hoping they could put it back in the claim window. They responded and said they were not technically capable of returning the item to the claim window but would transfer the ornamentation to another character of my choice, but I only have 72 hours to make that decision or it will remain on Mobrak permanently.

So... no time to get the SK transfered. My characters on this account are:

85 Shaman (my main)
81 Ranger (Mobrak)
77 Warrior
75 Mage
70 Cleric
70 Rogue
11 Mage (my daughter's character)
open

My question: Is there a reason to keep it on the ranger? I.e., is there a 2H Piercer that he could and should use, at least situationally? Or would you transfer it to the warrior or another toon?

Thanks.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: 2H Piercing question... and a claimed ornamentation.

Postby Fethiel » Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

I would think your most realistic situation for having some use out of the ornamentation would be to transfer it to your warrior. He at least will use 2H weapons occasionally unlike all the other classes you listed which I would say rarely.
Fethiel

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot