[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Yet another returning shaman

Yet another returning shaman

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Yet another returning shaman

Postby Jooruus » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:18 am

Hello folks, long time...
So I guess I got sick of everything else and figured; wth, let's fire up old EQ again ;)

I used to be a raiding level 75, but haven't done much since. I leveled up to 80 when SoF came, but haven't been online since, so I'm a bit at a loss with all the new stuff.

For me, EQ always was about content, so I'm not necessarily looking for the most efficient path to the top, but one that will be fairly efficient while also giving me an idea about what's out there while having fun.

So;
- What gear to get?
I'm able to claim some rewards, for some reason that eludes me, in many slots like . It seems to me like they aren't really worth re-auging for, but I may be mistaken? Maybe I need them to replace some of my focus effects.
- Where to XP?
- Which AAs are worth stopping for along the way? Well, Cannibalization obviously, but do I need anything else? ;)
- What quests to do? ... (Who can help me finish BiC?) :p
- What progressions to do?
- Are there any new spell lines/usages that I need to be aware of?

I can solo for xp if I absolutely have to, for gear if it's cool enough and I can solo quests for fun, but I do prefer to be grouped with real flesh and blood players when I can.
-Druids were made to be hated, they serve no other purpose.

Jooruus

Server: Innoruuk

Re: Yet another returning shaman

Postby fendaann » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm

AA
Mnemonic Retention -
HEALING AA for you level - the higher you go the more your need them.

Do more Virulent Paralysis if your rooting for exp

upgrade your merc think you need to be 85 to finish?
http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... ssion.html

check out the hot zones. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones

might look into the group Augs long quests if you need them

SOD has
http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... Crest.html

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... Blood.html

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... kSoul.html

AA are faster now at lower levels of AA

Happy Hunting
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Jooruus » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 am

Yes, what I've been doing so far for AAs is:

Mnemonic Retention (complete)
Canni
Heals
VP (I like to feel safe)
HoT

Are AA Turgur and Malo worth it? I'm thinking Malo is useful because most mobs I face now con scarlet red to me and I do see enough resists that I have to use Malis from a spell gem. With slow I'm leaning towards Counterbias when I get there, Balance works mostly fine for now.

What I don't know/remember is which heal AAs give the most bang for the buck? Healing Adept? Healing Gift (just up to rank 15, maybe)?
Is there a recommended order of the healing AAs? I tried to search, but couldn't find anything that's up to date.

Those augs look nice, I'll definately look into those quests. I do realize as I gear up with group gear that I need to get new augs that fit in type 7. Many of my old augs only go in type 8. My neck is already lacking aug because of this.

How important and easy to come by are purity augs? I'm thinking those +20 purity ones from Orux are good, but not if I can find +25 ones in abundance elsewhere.

Cheers
Jooruus

Server: Innoruuk

Postby fendaann » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm

healing AA , i am just going by the AA Recommendations thread
in the Board index ‹ The Shaman's Crucible ‹ Medicine Cabinet area

I think the order is
Healing Adept
Healing Boon
Healing Gift

i think these are considered the main 3

plus once you get higher levels they added more healing that allows sham to be the main healer of a group if you have the AA's

Turg post anwser
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7670
molo i think the same thing pluss it opens a spell slot ;)

purity augs sorry I dont have a clue i am still not finished the quest for the removable one •Dwinn #9: It Ends Now - Purified Flawless Faycite Triad
Check bazzare once you level to 90 you might find some of the tradeable ones in the bazzare from VOA?
yes you could buy the Orux coin from the Alerynril the Loyal [ Loyalists of Everquest ] if you plan to use power orbs.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello,

I use malo and turgur AAs on every mob (or almost)...

The slot 8 armor are pretty hard to get without raiding, but there are a lot of good slot7 augs.

GL to you !

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot