[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Dragons Dragons Dragons

Dragons Dragons Dragons

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Dragons Dragons Dragons

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:02 pm

Done up to Kess, going to try Yar'lir on the weekend. Doing this with the following
85 Shm/Mage/Mage/Bard, 82 Sk

We will be splitting into 2 groups once inside and popping mercs. This will give us 3 85 and 1 82 cleric, and 1 85 tank merc.

HOPING that the quest will be set up to recognize that we have completed Kess (like the Arena Champion badge used to) and let us start at Yar'Lir. Will report back if that is the case or not.

Gong to research all the old strats I can find for Yar'Lir as I can vaguely recall rolling over this dragon when it was already gimp content as a raid only. So will be looking Zam, raid strats etc.

My question/request : Any links to any good strats(other than Ala'zam as I can just look that up) or a run down on 'when Yar'lir takes this form, do this' when adds x pop do this.

Any advice or thoughts on doing this with a group with this make up. Bard and one mage boxed by one person, other 3 boxed by me. Our thinking has been for Bard/mage to manage adds, sometimes I will throw my mage pet in to help on adds, then carry on with main target. Any suggested improvements requested.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Dragons Dragons Dragons

Postby knytul » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:56 pm

have everybody stand in the middle, bard keeps things mezlocked and burn yarlir as fast as you can. my recent group that did it was Pal Cle Ench Rang Nec Mag. Chanter mezlocked adds, burned yarlir, was decently easy :P
knytul

Paladin Main

Postby Arslayn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 pm

My group had issues only a little with Kess and then of coarse only got Vish to 85% but it was fun and we really hadnt "optimized" our group.

*edit* Since I see you asked about group in Pally section, Our group was Zerk, Bst ,Druid,War, Ranger, Ranger up 'til just before Kess... At Kess and to Vish we had a merc cleric in place of one of the rangers as he had to leave. For Yar'lir it was mostly a straight burn but the Ranger did step out from time to time and I thin Barraged the adds dead.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Sylvia Sunhair » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 am

We basically just stod in middle, when the drakes spawned i (tank) agroed them and tanked them + YL to they despawned all 6 had group gear, no mercs.
Sylvia Sunhair

Server: Luclin

Postby Sowslow » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:54 pm

In case it happens to help anyone, but the pof golems all spawn in this task and you can get the child's tear if you still want to do the 1.0. So you can grab terror anytime you want. It is very easy to get to the pof dragon.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:10 pm

So the Golems are up in this mission? I have been locked out of Fear due to it being Perma Camped... this would be a wonderful way to get the tear for my shammy and her 1.0....
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box