[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Breath of Antraygus : Area of Effect

Breath of Antraygus : Area of Effect

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Breath of Antraygus : Area of Effect

Postby Gazz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:25 pm

This is the area of effect when facing exactly north.
And with exactly I mean that the west Loc isnt changing when moving north.

This is a half cone to the north so I somehow think that this isnt quite the intended AOE. =)

I have hit up to 12 targets with one spell so far but most of the time I was wondering WHY my aim was off by so much. Then I mapped it out and found out why...

Gazz
Gazz

Postby Ungkor » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:53 pm

Nice work.

Did you also happen to check the minimum range it hits at also? Curious if that cone of 15.5 would actually be 2/3 that size, due to the nuke not hitting mobs at point blank.

Ungkor

Postby windfinder » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:04 pm

windfinder

Postby Scowls » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:46 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Gazz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:32 pm

Gazz

Postby Grizlor » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:48 pm

Grizlor - Barbarian Shaman, 7th (EQ) (Oh god this game)
Blob - Dwarf Shaman, Eonar (WoW)
Grizlor

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Gmork » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:15 am

GREAT!... a snot rocket nuke...what a party favor....

naw.. really tho. i'm just glad to have a PBAOE...kinda
Member of
Gmork

Server: japan

Postby Samanna » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:20 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Slurperess » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:31 pm

Can someone describe this spell to me in lamen terms?

I tried several things. This is supose to be a PB AOE DD spell, which means Point Blanc area of effect Direct Damage spell.

2 mobs comming in, I target one mob to slow, the other mob is now in front of me too. I cast breath and only one mob gets hit?
2 mobs comming in, I dont target any mob and wait untill they are both in front of me. I cast breath and both mobs get hit.

Now, if 2 mobs are comming in one is eventually going to hit me and appears in my target, nothing I can do about that right?

So is this spell bugged or is it supose to act like that?

If it's not bugged I really hate the trouble I had to go through to get these missions done to get this spell.

Slurperess

Postby Gonlok » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Gonlok

Postby Samanna » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Chutoi » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:37 pm

Chutoi Doglsobber
70 Shaman of Sol Invictus
The Tribunal
Chutoi

Postby Zaviax » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:55 pm

Zaviax

Server: Tunare

Postby Scowls » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:26 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Gardeltron » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:50 pm

I don't have the spell yet, but I'm just wondering if the apparent discrepancy between Rytan's results and some of the others in this post might be explained by movement of mobs within the cone. Perhaps moving mobs have a lower likelihood of being hit.

Prodigal Soothsayer of
Erollisi Marr
Gardeltron

Server: Erollisi Marred

Postby Brohg » Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:55 pm

The test was run against a PC, not monster, playing a version of the "can you hear me now?" game.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:31 pm

hmm, the banker in katta still wont attack will he? Id love to run up and do some tests for myself. anyone confirm this or have a better target to play with?
Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Samanna » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:10 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Grizlor » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:42 pm

Grizlor

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:29 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Derakahn » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby ophidion » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:25 am

"I am your brain damaged brother that you never knew. Call me today or I'll kill somebody."
[NO VIDEO GAMES FOR OIL]
ophidion

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starpyre is Trash)

Postby Scowls » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:27 am

its half of a 15 degree cone. no doubt about it. i never noticed it before cause i have tell windows on the righ side, so mobs usually stand just to the left in front of me. thried it on grimlings today and yesterday, if the mobs are to the right they take no dmg, strights in front, its a gamble, slighty left they get hits...but if you move just a little too much, they get missed again
Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Zaviax » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:23 pm

Ok, I deided to test it out on some orcs in Sro. I pulled a bunch to an orc camp and parked them with root. Then blasted them.

Now I'm assuming the cone starts at the player and not the mob you cast it on. When I did some later tests I realized the range was shorter. I was standing farther back at that time from my target. In these screenshots, I'm standing a couple yards behind the target and I hit F9 once to get an overhead view. In this view I can't circle around my avatar so what you're seeing in the centre of the screen is exactly which way I'm facing at the time of the cast.

Here's the shot of them right before I casted.

And now as you can see the orc on the right is left standing undisturbed, confirming that indeed the cone edged far more to the left.

To illutstrate it more I added some lines on the first screenshot to show the approximate range of the cone.

Zaviax

Server: Tunare

Postby Ungkor » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:19 pm

Ungkor

Postby Brohg » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:35 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ungkor » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:54 am

Ungkor

Postby Derakahn » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:41 pm

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Gardeltron » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:32 am

Another possibility is that if you're a tall race, smaller mobs might be underneath the cone, if the cone starts at say chest level. Are there any differences in outcomes if you're shrunk?
Gardeltron

Server: Erollisi Marred

Postby Derakahn » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:18 pm

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Jillaani Stormbear » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:45 pm

- 75 shaman
- 75 bard
71 Warrior
Jillaani Stormbear