[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Acquiring spells in SoF - I'm confuggled

Acquiring spells in SoF - I'm confuggled

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Acquiring spells in SoF - I'm confuggled

Postby Idracab » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am

I've heard that any spell of a certain level can drop from *any* mob of a certain level. However, I've also seen postings in various places saying "Spell xxx drops from mob yyy." I needs ta know - which is it?

1) Can any spell of a certain level drop from any mob of a certain level range in any zone?
2) Can any spell of a certain level drop from any mob in a specific zone?
3) Do specific spells only drop from specific mobs?

The reason I ask is Languor. I don't have any of the previous langour type spells (I missed a few expansions and all), and I REALLY want it. Really really really want it. I haven't seen Rk. I in the bazaar - EVER. Rk II requires CoV faction, which might take a while to get (given all the quests I can find require you to fight in Crystallos). According to an Allakhazam post, Languor Rk I drops from a Kithsomething Villager, who cannot be snared or rooted. So I need to figure out if it would be worth dragging people down to this camp spot because that's the *only* place I'll be able to get the spell, or if I just need to find any spot in any zone with mobs over level x so I have a 0.025% chance to get said spell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Idracab

Postby Samanna » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:31 am

is my best understanding of how this works.

Briefly, my understanding based on others' explanations (as I have only acquired some of the spells so far myself):

The first method (D/V) (type B below) is for rank one versions to drop in group content (by particular mobs in particular zones), rank two versions purchased with platinum from vendors who require certain faction, and rank three versions are rewarded for raid-dropped rune turn in.

The second method (V/D) (type A below) is for rank one versions to be purchased from vendors for platinum, rank two to drop in group content (random by zone tier), aand rank three versions are rewarded for raid-dropped rune turn in.

The dropped versions can be traded/vended.

Please let me know the missing info, or if anything is inaccurate.
Last edited by Samanna on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 am

Here's how I believe it all works

Most Rank 1 spells are buyable from the spell vendors who are distributed throughout zones. Specific vendors have specific spells (I will call these spells GroupA). Gemmi's Restoration is an example of such a spell.
The Rank2 version of GroupA spells are available as drops from level/zone areas. I believe that the 76/77's drop in tier 1, 77/78 in tier 2, 78/79 in tier 3 and 79/80 in tier 4 - these spells are "global" as in not itemised to specific mobs but are throughout the relevant zones/mobs.
The Rank3 version of GroupA spells are available from handing in runes to Kalim'Kar the Golden (in dragonscalehills, on the way to crystallos)

The rest of the Rank 1 spells only drop from specific mobs in specific zones. (I will call these spells GroupB)
Puma Rank 1 drops in Loping Planes from Dire Wolves and Orcs near Bloodmoon Keep.
The Rank 2 versions of GroupB spells are available to be purchased from the normal spell vendors at the various camps once your faction with that camp is good enough. e.g. Puma Rank 2 is avalable from the fangbreakers with ally faction.
The Rank 3 versions of GroupB spells seem to be avalable from the "elite" vendors at the camps once you have completed raids/quests arcs at that camp. There may well be other ways that Rank3 GroupB spells are available, they aren't all known or discovered yet.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:37 am

Ha, you caught me while editing!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 am

ha, you ninja posted while I was typing!
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Idracab » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:45 am

So it's fair to say the Languor is Group B, which means they only drop from a specific mob in a specific zone. So I either get the faction for Rk. II (CoV) or else I get the Rk I spell to drop from Villagers in Hills of Shade. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It's strange, but HoS is dead on Prexus (whenver I go there at least) for pickup groups. Still, it might be worthwhile to spend a night or two there in a full group trying to get the spell to drop. It's too bad the mobs can't be rooted, so I can work on getting the spell during offtime / downtime. :)

Thanks very much for the info all. You've completely cleared up the spell dropping situation for me.
Idracab

Postby Samanna » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:11 pm

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box