[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - old issue fixed: Ward of Restoration

old issue fixed: Ward of Restoration

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

old issue fixed: Ward of Restoration

Postby Kumudil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Maybe some knows it already maybe most not yet.
You can try it on test-server-dummys, its live since summer, I didn't know it.

As it was:
If at time of trigger of the rune you where casting or you where stunned, the heal over time would not be triggered.

As it is now:
Casting or not, the hot will trigger on the runes fade.
Stunned or not, the hot will trigger on the runes fade.

But: receiving multiple stuns (like 6 stunning blows right at trigger time) will may make if fail.

My setup for testing:

approach 1:
6 test-dummies lvl 88. All attack on. Aggro all of them and get hammered, chaincast wahrd and any other spells you like and get stunned as much as they want. 100% trigger success at all my tests.

approach 2:
6 test-dummies lvl 88. All attack on. Befor start aggroing: Position yourself right in the middle of all and launch an PPAE. You will receive 6 swings at the very same moment consuming the rune and applying multiple stuns. Under this condition the hot may trigger but had something like 50/50 chance. This setup is a construct and doesn't reflect real situations.

My conclusions:
Spell is fixed and really nice now. There has been code added to bypass stuns and to let the hot start even if you are actively casting something.

Receiving multiple stuns at the very moment may lead to a situation where the "bypass part" is evaluated and right befor the hot is triggered a "new" stun blocks again. If you find yourself in a situation where multiple lvl 88 mobs are hammering on you, the ward won't save your life neverthless :)
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: old issue fixed: Ward of Restoration

Postby anaskesia » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Interesting. I found this spell to be completely useless, but given this new information I can see myself taking another look at it. Thanks for posting.
| (PUBLIC RAID FORCE)
anaskesia

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Even with 12 spell slots, i'll be hard pressed to find a spot for this in my lineup, but i tested it out, and it does seem to work reliably now. Not bad, but I don't usually need it enough to keep it memmed. :(
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby Technics » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 am

I used to think this spell was pretty damn useless, much like the rest of the shamans here. I have, however, slightly altered my perception of this spell. This may not be for everyone's play style, which is a big downside to this spell, but I almost always duo with a Monk on my server. We enjoy mixing things up and hitting old world raids and this spell has become a part of my arsenal in certain fights. Ward is a very nice way to keep yourself healed if you're on Rampage of a mob that's not completely tearing you up. It wouldn't be too handy for Underfoot since these mobs are more than likely going to kill you if you're on rampage. Another use I've found for it was when I was massively training in Vex Thall in order to get to the bosses I wanted to kill so I could FD everything off with my PoSky ring. The VT mobs don't hit hard by any means, but I'd have about 50+ things chasing me through the zone, so the extra healing was nice.
Technics

Shaman Main

Return to Spells & Abilities