[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA check/returning sham

AA check/returning sham

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

AA check/returning sham

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Fri May 28, 2010 7:09 am

I've been back in game for about a month after a two year absence, made 85, and picked up a few AA's that jumped out at me as being necessary, as well as having made a couple of AA blunders, in my opinion. I've also managed to get flagged for Korafax and Convorteum, and picked up a J5 iksar warrior merc whom my guildies have dubbed "Leeroy"
What I've bought since I've been back:

Mnemonic Retention 3&4
Cannibalization 4&5
Forceful Rejuvenation (mainly for Intervention)
Malosinete
Inconspicuous Totem
Virulent Paralysis 7&8

I'm primarily interested in avoiding any pitfalls that await the unsuspecting AA-spender. I read the verdict here on Rabid bear upgrades being more or less worthless, and unfortunately I bought 2 more ranks of VP before looking it up and finding that the only benefit is an extra 6 second duration. I won't be spending 12 AA for rank 9 anytime soon. :oops:

I was maxed on healing AA's before I quit, so those will probably be my next focus. Is there a recommended order for greatest impact, or are they all pretty much equivalent these days? I remembered the developers saying that they would probably never add more Healing Adept AA's so I was kind of surprised to see them. Are they as good as the old ones, or watered down?

The gear thing usually comes as a matter of course. I'm not aware of any major upgrades from my previous Crystallos group gear that would be easily farmable with puppy, myself, and Leeroy. Although I do remember reading on another forum somewhere that a shaman was farming named with a merc in Husk. I may have to give that a try and see how quickly I end up at bind. Also working on a couple of the SoD aug quests in my lfg time, specifically Bayle's at the moment. If there's anything super that's an easy solo, I wouldn't be opposed to hearing about it. :)

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice and hard-won expertise.

(Magelo link to the left updated to reflect current gear/AA status)
Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Re: AA check/returning sham

Postby Layya » Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am

You dont seem to have you gift of mana maxed yet, also spirit walk and the spires come in handy for me. Hastened VP is very nice if you use that often.
Layya

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Fri May 28, 2010 1:30 pm

and also gate...
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 28, 2010 3:37 pm

full ranks of VP are worth it. along with Hastened VP, you can cc two mobs indefinitely
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities