[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Extended Wild Growth - do we have a version

Extended Wild Growth - do we have a version

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Extended Wild Growth - do we have a version

Postby fendaann » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Druids get a Class AA- Extended Wild Growth - do we have a version and what is the AA called for Shamans?
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Extended Wild Growth - do we have a version

Postby Tordail » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:42 am

Nothing's coming to mind immediately, but I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Shaman now have this ability on the test server so I am assuming that we will get it on live in the next patch.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Patch 3/9

Shaman - Shaman now have access to the Extended Wild Growth ability.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:45 pm

It adds ~9 secs on 4:50 duration for 5/7/9/11/13 AAs. I got 4 ranks because nothing more important to do... I rate it low
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:46 am

I mean 9 sec per rank (6 + 50%)...
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 am

I ran a few tests on this when I got the 1st level of it. I didn't do a base line test and I'm kicking myself for that. I recorded the buff timer when I cast untamed growth on myself and I recorded the buff timer when I first saw the hitpoints decay. It looks like each level is going to add a tic to the duration of the spell but it's not adding a tic to the time until the hitpoints start to decay. I'll run more tests when I get the time and I'll try to record at least 2 sets with an additional time: the time it takes for the hitpoints to decay to 0.

Can we get someone to ask a dev to explain exactly what is getting extended? It seems like an awful lot of AA's for such a small benefit. It's not making the buff any less annoying as the duration of full hitpoints is not extended. I don't have a lot of data points - just 10 on the first level and I only had time to record 3 sets on the 2nd level. I suspect that what is getting "extended" is the back end decay period. Probably what's happening is that each tic of decay takes away fewer hitpoints. If this is the case, don't waste AA's on this.
Lenil

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

I will pass this on.
WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 pm

I logged in today to finish testing level 2 of this. Yesterday I did 10 tests at level 1 and 3 tests at level 2. I did some more testing today but I'm seeing wilder swings in the numbers for the start of the decay period. I'm not sure if it's lag causing the difference in numbers today or not. My ping (measured by eq's meter) today is the same as yesterday at 135. The first 13 tests are yesterday's numbers.

Level 1

Duration when cast/ Duration at first hitpoint fade
4:46 1:56
4:56 2:12
4:58 2:10
4:56 2:08
4:54 2:06
4:53 2:04
4:57 2:07
4:55 2:05
4:58 2:08
4:58 2:06

Level 2

5:03 2:13
5:02 2:11
5:01 2:09
5:03 2:07 Today's numbers start here
5:01 2:21
5:03 2:13
5:03 2:26
5:02 1:45 *
5:03 1:59
5:03 2:15

* I started to record decay period hitpoint totals today. They all look about the same except this test. I only saw 3 different hitpoint totals during this test. I have a crappy old machine but have a cable connection. I did the tests in about the same location in PoK. Not sure why the numbers for start of the decay period are varying more today. Not sure how the UI obtains hitpoint numbers - maybe the larger deviation is caused by sever to client lag.
Lenil

Postby Brohg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:21 am

The testing will likely go smoother in some zone other than PoK. A nice deserted Runnyeye perhaps? Unrest instance, guaranteed to be empty?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:46 am

Did some more testing. It looks like lag wreaks havoc on trying to pin down exactly what this AA does. I did these tests in Halas. Nobody was in the zone at the time. If I had to guess, I'd say it extends the total duration but not the duration of max hitpoints. Watching the various stepdowns in hitpoints, I was thinking that the AA is adding a tic to random stepdown periods but that could just be lag not updating the client. I saw a lot of the same numbers when I was watching until the buff faded completely so I don't think that the calculation used to determine how many hitpoints are removed each server tic is impacted by the AA.

Level 3

5:08 2:11
5:11 1:42
5:05 1:59
5:05 2:07
5:05 2:15
5:07 2:23
5:05 1:35
5:06 1:47
5:05 2:06
5:11 2:20

Level 4

5:15 2:20
5:13 2:26
5:14 2:28
5:13 2:28
5:16 2:28
5:12 2:22
5:16 2:29
5:12 2:28

Level 5 (13 AA's - ouch)

5:19 2:28
5:21 2:28
5:18 2:28
5:20 2:28
5:19 2:29
5:18 2:28
5:18 2:29

3 tests I did after zoning to EFP: (did this because of the abundance of 2:28)

5:20 2:28
5:18 2:29
Lenil

Return to Spells & Abilities